Dream Disney Resort

hack2112

I did the Laramie Project as well! I loved the show, though playing 1/5 of the characters in a 10 person cast was a bit stressful.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Ya it was kind of tedious playing so many different characters in such a large cast play. We had to expand our cast by a few extra people just because our department is so big. Nonetheless we still had a lot of costume changes.

I played Jedediah Schultz, the Baptist Minister, Gil Engen, a reporter, an angel (Angel Arms or whatever they're called), and the Judge.

At one point in the show I wore all of my costumes at once. In the Judge's very last I scene I was an angel right before. So there would be no way that I can change in and out of two different robes so fast. So I came up with a brilliant idea. I would wear my Jedediah Schultz costume the whole show no matter what scene it was. On top of that was my reporter costume. On top of that was Gil Engen. On top of that was my Baptist Minister costume. On top of that was the Judge robe, and then on top of that was the angel robe. From then on out I just had to take a lot of stuff off after the courtroom scene.

Anyways expect to see the second part of Critter Country's overview tonight! If not tonight then tomorrow at some point.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part Two (Revised)

One of the most relaxing places in Critter Country is Bear Creek. This cool and flowing stream pours down from a tiny waterfall which runs in from the abyss. Heaven knows where the source of this natural wonder is coming from. A couple of bear wood carvings relax in the area as well, one reclining against some rocks with its feet in the water, the other merely fishing from a top a small cliff. The beautiful stream pours towards a nearby bridge, passing beneath it, shortly followed by another bridge. What lies on the other side of these bridges you might ask: The Country Bear Playhouse that's what!

Inside this rustic old theater is the wildest show in the wilderness! The Country Bear Playhouse is home to a cast of bruins not seen in your typical national park. Nobody hibernates through the rollicking, foot-stomping, paw-pounding country-western musical antics of the bodacious Five Bear Rugs, the swinging Teddi Barra, the location-confused polar bear Shaker, and the sorrowful heart-tugging refrains of Big Al. The show changes seasonally and includes performances of the Country Bear Revue and the Country Bear Christmas Special. This attraction is guaranteed to be a hit with both kids and adults alike! But beware, the theater's evil owner Fluffy the Coyote has been extremely fed-up with the playhouse's occupants lately. The mean coyote threatens to shut down the bears for good if they don't put on a good show for him (And us). Throughout the duration of the performance he sits up in his private box heckling the show, causing poor "ringmaster" Henry to panic and stress out over how things turn out. Hopefully the bears will please their landlord! If not this could be the end of the infamous Country Bears!

Suddenly the sounds of rushing water fill our ears. The thundering of a waterfall makes the earth tremble as a tall mountain climbs up towards the sky. A top the muddy peak is a gnarled-up log, a hollow cave within its roots, dumping out a massive waterfall, obviously several stories high. Every now and then a large log full of screaming people tumbles down the falls, landing in the dangerous water-filled briar patch below. We have just come face to face with Splash Mountain.

Inspired by the classic Disney film Song of the South and the wise fables of Uncle Remus, Splash Mountain provides brave guests with a chance to follow in the perilous footsteps of wily Brer Rabbit. Search for your "Laughing Place" as you journey through this exciting flume adventure featuring five drops, including a hair-raising finale that sends you on a 55-foot, 45 degree angle, 40-mph plunge into a watery briar patch.

Legend has it that Chickapin Hill (Splash Mountain's real name) is home to that nasty old brute Brer Fox and his partner in crime Brer Bear live.

To be continued, sorry but I have to go.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
OMG! I have chorus tomorrow, as well. We have to sing Hey Jude, Imagine, Sweet Caroline, and our school's Alma Mater. I revised these songs to be about food: Hey Food, Imagine, and Sweet Pizza Pie.
:lol:

OMG u didn't introduce yourself! :lookaroun

anyways, catch me up here... i should have read this at first, but i'm lazy. what r we talking about? :lookaroun:snore::brick::snore::hammer::snore:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My dream resort would be where they were planning on making Disney World in the first place... SOUTH CAROLINA BABY! i would have lived 30 minutes away! But wait, would this mean i would have to move to Orlando Florida because the costing on my house would be too high? :lookaroun:brick:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part Three (Revised)

Hi ho MANEATINGWREATH here, saying that I would like to know what you all think about the next part of Critter Country. Please tell me what you think, I haven't heard any feedback in a while!

(Listen to this song while reading, I haven't done that in a while)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qo8kcvLNQ

Legend has it that Chickapin Hill is the home to that nasty brute Brer Fox and his partner in crime Brer Bear. Each and every day the two sit up in that crooked tree stump plotting some ridiculous way to capture that old Brer Rabbit and eat him up for lunch...but according to Critter Country folklore the two didn't always live up there plotting their schemes and scams. As a matter of fact two entirely different critters once lived there, and those were the unfortunate Beaver Bros. Saw and Dust, the backwood's resident lumberjacks.

Many years ago (Precisely twenty years before the beginning of the Civil War), Saw and his brother Dust arrived in Critter Country searching for a new place to live. Apparently their last home was destroyed by a certain riverboat sent off course by some hostile river pirates. So they packed up whatever they were able to recover from their destroyed dam and headed down south. Eventually they stumbled upon Critter Country and found it as a wonderful place where they could live in peace without having their next dam destroyed by a giant riverboat. They immediately built themselves a home in Chickapin Hill which at the time was completely closed off to the public. As far as anyone was concerned the entire mountain was filled with rocks and mud, no tunnels, no caverns, nothing. There was no way to get inside the mountain unless one took a shovel and dug inside for days on end. Little the folks of Critter Country know that the mountain was actually a hidden reservoir of freshwater, just waiting to explode.

Well the Beaver Bros. could tell that there was water deep down, because after all they were beavers. So they did what no one dared to do before: Dug into the side of the mountain. Eventually they hit a small grotto which was filled with a deep pool of crystal-clear water. The water was so deep that if one were to drown they would hit the bottom after several hours of sinking. It would be nearly impossible to dive in here to touch the floor. Anyways they built their dam in against the wall of the cave which just so happened to have a mighty crack in it. Every now and then it would gurgle a rapid stream of water which was a sign that one day the mountain would burst and possibly flood the surrounding area. Saw and Dust new that one day this would happen and that their new home could possibly protect any serious damage from happening.

The two brothers began a lumber-jacking business and soon set up a saw mill not too far from their home. Inside they made quite a successful establishment selling lumber to all the critters moving into town, allowing all of them to build homes, shops, restaurants, and a wide variety of other lumber-requiring objects. Late at night and in secret the beavers would use their teeth to create hollow log-boats, just in case they were needed in case of the mountain flooding. Hopefully these makeshift log-boats would be able to save lives and protect as many folks as possible. And this plan was very useful on a terrible occurrence which happened in the middle of the summer of 1842.

(Forgive me for stealing your intro Kermit)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, the only problem is that I lost it. And that's too bad because that was one of my favorite games. It would be very hard to make this entire resort without having the computer freeze and go really slow all the time. Oh well, maybe I can find it one of these days.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part Four

Okay so if I don't get any feedback, I think I'm going to stop posting here. I mean might as well not even continue. I don't want to give up though so maybe I'll just continue and leave this up here for inspiration. No I think I'll just continue with it nonetheless.

It was a peaceful day in Critter Country. All was calm and quaint just as it usually was. Geese were fishing down at Bear Creek, bears were sleeping in the shade of the massive pine trees, and the rabbits were grazing in the grass in search of fresh carrots. Saw and Dust were busy at work when they heard it. Something was shaking from deep within the mountain. Their fears had been realized: Something was about to break free. At first thinking it might be something like the Thunderbird from nearby Big Thunder Country the two realized that it was simply a geyser as they had suspected when they first moved in. Well they dismissed the noise and figured that the water would just backup and get stuck in their. Some hidden grotto would take care of it. And if that didn't do the trick then their dam would take care of it. After all they would just have to fix their dam if it was hit by such a vast amount of water. So they continued to work on their logging business as they did each and every day.

At a quarter to three on July 4, 1842, Chickapin Hill began to growl. It was so loud that it could be heard as far as ten miles away. Many thought that some really big animal was just up there taking a nap and making some really loud snores. The thing would stop snoring eventually and stop the noise. The noise got worse over the hours. At four o'clock exactly the hill began to move, the gnarled up tree trunk on top suddenly growing a hole in its base. Dozens of citizens gathered around the hill stupidly to watch the event. A tiny bucket-sized amount of water leaked out from the hole. Many laughed at this, joking that the mountain had the hiccups and was just taking a drink to get rid of them. Well they were really just laughing out of fear. Everyone knew that something was up inside.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Announcement

Thank you Kermit, I am going to continue work on this thread.

So now (Even though I'm not done yet) I'm going to start needing help designing attractions, shops, and eateries. And I am going to need all of your help. This is where the open brainstorming aspect of the thread comes in.

It's time for you all to start helping me make things work. You can now work on the already set attractions and whatnot, and come up with other works from your creative minds. This is where things get interactive. The possibilities are endless, you just can't have Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and the Jungle Cruise, those are my favorites and I want them. :lookaroun

I am going to open the rest up to everyone though so please feel free to tell me what you would like to work on! :D

ScorpionX

Thank you Kermit, I am going to continue work on this thread.

So now (Even though I'm not done yet) I'm going to start needing help designing attractions, shops, and eateries. And I am going to need all of your help. This is where the open brainstorming aspect of the thread comes in.

It's time for you all to start helping me make things work. You can now work on the already set attractions and whatnot, and come up with other works from your creative minds. This is where things get interactive. The possibilities are endless, you just can't have Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and the Jungle Cruise, those are my favorites and I want them. :lookaroun

I am going to open the rest up to everyone though so please feel free to tell me what you would like to work on! :D
I can design The Grand Circuit Speedway. It would beasically be Autopia, but theme to a speedway. This would not be the rinkydink go-karts in the Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, and Six Flags, but, they would be a full-fledged racetrack, complete with pit stops, concession stands, car sponsors, and transporters. I will post a visual tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom