Dream Disney Resort

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Whenever I think of Disney theme parks, I get into the Imagineering kind of "mood." I don't really know how to explain it, but when I'm in this kind of mood my mind opens up and the ideas start pouring in. I think of all the endless possibilities for new attractions, entertainment, eateries, shopping venues, theme parks, hotels, resorts, etc. And when I take a look at new and exciting attractions from other theme parks around the world my head begins to overflow with creative energy. And where does all that creative energy go you may ask? :lookaroun

Well it goes to the dream Disney resort inside of my head. Yes that's right, there is an entire Disney resort inside of my head. :ROFLOL:

But I'm being rather selfish with it, so I have decided to take it out of my mind and open it up to the general public; a.k.a. YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time in history I'm going to be opening up my dream Disney resort to the worldwide web. Yes I have done this before on other fan sites and forums, but none of them were actually my real dream Disney resort. The one that I am about to share with you all will be my ACTUAL dream resort. This resort has never before been seen by the eyes of anyone except myself! I know you may not really care, but...WHATEVER! :lol:

Sorry I'm going a little crazy about this...:lookaroun

Anyhow what I want to do here is post piece by piece my dream Disney resort. My resort will feature several things, including a huge hotel complex, two Disney theme parks, and one large area for shopping and retail. One of the Disney theme parks will be your typical Disneyland/Magic Kingdom (With huge changes) and the other...doesn't have a theme just quite yet. I am still working on it but I promise you it will fit in hand and hand with Disneyland. Hey that rhymes, pretty nifty don't you think?

I really want people to follow this thread and give me suggestions, kind of like what people do with KingMickey's Kingdom Hearts Four thread. I would really appreciate it if I get followers and feedback. :animwink:

So all I can say now is, expect to see part one of my resort tomorrow!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Part One

/\ Oops...I never did finish it...:lookaroun...oh well, that wasn't my dream Disney resort anyways...:D

Ok so I am going to start with part one of my expansive dream resort. But before I begin I want to tell you a bit about how this resort differs from the others.

As a junior in high school, one of the most annoying complaints I hear whenever the subject of Disneyland is brought up is "Disneyland is lame. They only have kiddy rides there, no thrills. It's all Six Flags and Knott's they have the REAL rides."

My arguement back is, "Ok I understand that you may feel they are better, but if it wasn't for Disneyland they wouldn't even be here in the first place!"

So to conquer this childish complaint about thrill rides, my dream Disney resort is going to have the most thrill rides out of any other Disney resort and theme park out there. That's right it has dueling coasters, looping coasters, rapid rides, EMV rides, simulators, flume rides, suspended coasters, free falls, Test Track rides, the works. However this being a Disney resort don't expect to see big bowls of spilt "spaghetti" all over the place as you would at Six Flags or Knott's. Nope, all of the resort's thrill rides are cleverly disguised and heavily detailed to keep people in the wonderful atmosphere that is created by a Disney theme park. And all of the classic gentle rides will be there as well, along with all of the classic dark rides and attractions like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. But even these attractions will have huge twists on them.

So without further to do I present to you part one of my dream Disney resort. If you follow me on or work with me on VF (Visions Fantastic) you may know how I'm going to cover my resort plan already. If not here is how it will work. What I'm going to do is go over this in heavily detailed descriptions, similar to those heard in vintage souvenier tapes describing the various area of a certain theme park. If you have one of these tapes you may know what I'm talking about. I'm also going to cover some things that wouldn't be covered in videos usually, so keep an eye out for them.

Actually I took too long writing up this "preview" of sorts so I practically wasted all my time. I have to go to baseball try outs for my little brother now, so expect to see part one later...sorry guys...

Please follow this thread, trust me you won't be disappointed! :D

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
The REAL Part One

Alright now I'm going to post the REAL part one of my dream Disney resort. I would really appreciate comments, feedback, and suggestions for my ideas. Also I would really love to have people follow this thread and await the next part as if it were an old serial film of way back when. But whether I get followers for this thread or not I'm going to post it anyways. I suppose it'd be a good idea if I posted something in this thread to get people interested in it to begin with. :p

Ok so I'm going to start off part one with the heart and soul of the resort: Disneyland Park. This traditional Magic Kingdom-style park resides in the northern region of the resort, the tall spires of its iconic castle overlooking the rest of the resort. As night falls both parks' splendid fireworks launch off into the air, illuminating both the theme parks, the hotels, and the shopping districts in a multitude of beautiful colors. Disneyland is the park dedicated to the young and the young at heart, with thrills for everyone of all ages. So without further to do here is part one. The working title for the resort is "Disney's Kingdom of Dreams." Any suggestions or comments for the name would be greatly appreciated.

It may seem like a clone of every other Magic Kingdom, but it's not. This may just be perhaps the most unique Disneyland out there, other than the original in California. Things become more original once you reach the lands beyond Main Street.

"The evening star is shining bright...
So make a wish, and hold on tight...
There's magic in the air tonight...
And anything can happen..."

If you ever had a dream...and had that dream come true...then you know a little something about the magic of Disney's Kingdom of Dreams.

The year was 1955, when Walt Disney introduced the world to a totally new concept in family entertainment. It was called Disneyland, and it was indescribable.

Gone was the crazy chaos of the typical amusement park. Instead guests found themselves surrounded by a land of three dimensional fantasy. It was like walking onto a movie set, or into a dream.

Today, Disney's Kingdom of Dreams is the newest representation of Walt Disney's dream, bringing joy and laughter to all those who wish to experience it. Acres upon acres of vacation paradise compose every inch of the resort, granting wishes and creating happiness day after day after day after day. With its beautiful hotel complex, two theme parks, and fabulous shopping district, Disney's Kingdom of Dreams proves once and for all that when you wish upon a star, your dreams really do come true.

The crowning jewel of the kingdom is Disneyland Park, a land which creates a thousand different memories, transporting you into the world of yesterday, today, tomorrow, and fantasy.

"When you wish upon a star...
Makes no difference who you are...
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true..."

Disneyland is where the magic of dreams coming true begins. Perhaps you've dreamed of returning to an earlier time. A time of home spun values and simple living. That dreams takes shape and surrounds you here, on Main Street, U.S.A.

What was America like at the turn-of-the-century? Perhaps like this recreation of everyone's hometown. The sights and sounds of fun nostalgia are everywhere...there's a friendly greeting at the old City Hall. The measured pace of a Horse-Drawn Streetcar. And the hiss of live steam, as a vintage locomotive pulls into Main Street Station. Even the shinnanagens of a band of musical firemen.

Main Street, U.S.A. is the essence of hometown America at the dawn of the twentieth century. The scent of freshly baked cakes and candies and the twinkling pin lights outlining the gingerbread trim of the buildings evoke a small-town atmosphere. Rows of speciality shops carry a colorful variety of old-time merchandise. At night, the thoroughfare glows in the flickering light of gaslit streetlamps. Main Street, U.S.A., is engaging proof that the best of yesterday can still be found today.

As you make your way down Main Street it all comes back to you. There's the old time Main Street Cinema where adventure was a box of popcorn and a Saturday matinee. The Penny Arcade, where a pocketful of change bought hours worth of fun. And the old Davis Ice Cream Parlor where double-dipped cones meant the ultimate in old time air conditioning.

On our Main Street the stage is set in front of Snow White Castle, a focus for the wonder that is, Disneyland Park. Snow White Castle is a fairytale made real. And it all makes a fitting portal to the dreams found in the land beyond: Fantasyland.

At the very end of Main Street is the park's central hub which rests just before Snow White Castle. Directly in the center of the hub is Elias Park, the home of "Partners," a statue dedicated to Walt Disney and his life-long partner: Mickey Mouse.

Branching off from the hub are roads leading to several of the park's other lands, including Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Hollywoodland, and Tomorrowland.

"Main Street, U.S.A. is America at the Turn of the Century - the Crossroads of an Era. The Gas Lamp and the Electric Lamp - the Horse-Drawn Car and the Auto Car. Main Street, U.S.A. is everyone's hometown...The Heartline of America."- Walt Disney

Ok since I didn't really describe EVERYTHING in full detail, here is a list of everything Main Street has to offer:

Disneyson 1

OHMIGOD. I can tell this is going to be special already. You HAVVVE to join the Imagineer Game when it starts!!!!!!!!

P.S. sorry if you don't want posts in between your updates...!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments on part one Disneyson 1! I was thinking about joining the contest but it really depends on my schedule for the time being.

And it's perfectly fine to post between my own posts, I actually want you guys to do that. :D

Expect to see part two of Disneyland tomorrow. I look forward to posting my overview for Adventureland. :p

Also I'm going to post detailed descriptions and bullet points of everything that wasn't covered in my overview of Main Street. I promised to finish it at the end of my last post but I never did. Again I have an extremely busy schedule. My overviews will be divided into several different parts:

Part One- Main Street, U.S.A.
Part Two- Adventureland
Part Three- Frontierland
Part Four- Critter Country
Part Five- Fantasyland
Part Six- Hollywoodland
Part Seven- Tomorrowland

And then from that point I will give a big "heart-warming" overview of the entire park and make kind of a souvenier booklet if you will. Then I will move on to the second theme park, the hotel complex, and the Downtown Disney/Disney Village-esque area.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Part Two

Now our tour of Disneyland will take us to Adventureland!

The world of dreams can take on many forms. Some project us into mysterious and exotic locales, far away from the every day. These are the dreams that become real in Adventureland.

As brave Disneyland guests enter Adventureland their senses are stirred by the sights of intense jungle foliage, the harrowing sounds of not-too-distant wild animals, and the aromas of tropical blossoms. In this remarkable realm of adventure and exploration, guests experience an amazing amalgam of many of the world's far-off places and uncharted regions.

Exotic colors catch the eye among the lush landscape. Rustic colonial architecture stands between bazaars straight out of the pages of an Arabian Nights adventure. Don your pith helmet and enter the land where the beat of native drums echo around you.

"The spirit of adventure is often linked with exotic tropical places," Walt Disney wrote. "Many of us dream of traveling to these mysterious, far-off regions of the world. To create a land that would make this dream reality, we pictured ourselves far from civilization, in the remote jungles of Asia and Africa. The result is Adventureland, 'the wonderland of nature's own design.'"

"Here is Adventure, Here is Romance, Here is Mystery. Tropical Rivers - Silently flowing into the unknown. The Unbelievable Splendor of Exotic Flowers...the Eerie Sounds of the Jungle...With eyes that are always watching. This is Adventureland."

As you enter Adventureland you cross a rickety old footbridge, lined with primitive masks, shields, weapons...and human skulls...The great thatched sign welcoming you to the land glows eerily at night as nearby bamboo torches light up the surrounding darkness. Exotic creatures call out from the dense rainforest as a murky green river below flows out into the foggy abyss of this tropical setting. An old fisherman sits peacefully upon the river in his little wooden boat, just..."dead tired." The unfortunate fisherman's sun-bleached bones still clutch the handle of his fishing rod, its rotting line still cast out into the water.

Big band music of the 1930's welcomes you to Paradise Springs,a swamp-side fishing village now almost totally reclaimed by the jungle. Bizaare insects and birds chirp loudly in the distance as calm streams and miniature waterfalls flow past walkways and into reed and mangrove-infested ponds. What few villagers that remain in Paradise Springs relax out on their front porches and balconies, watching all the crowds go by. The relaxing and crackling music echoes out from old radios as these old-fashioned settlers fan themselves from the relative humidity of the swamp-like atmosphere.

"Hooray for Hollywood,
That screwy, ballhooey Hollwyood,
Where any office boy or young mechanic,
Can make a panic with just a goodlooking pan..."

Primitive artifacts collected by the villagers of Paradise Springs line the unaccessible regions of jungle foliage, eventually leading into the garden of the Tropical Serenade. The serenade's garden is home to the Enchanted Tiki Room where "the birds sing words and the flowers croon." The macaw hosts of the show - Jose, Michael, Fritz, and Pierre - welcome you and lead you through a rousing musical revue of several "tropical" songs, including "In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Tiki Room" and "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing." But beware, the tiki gods are easily upset by celebrating, and you may just have to learn that the hard way!

Directly in the center of town rests Old Betty, the crumbling and moss-covered statue of a beautiful young woman standing upon the body of a dead tiger. Legend has it that Old Betty was on a safari trip through the jungle when a ferocious tiger attacked her party and ate their guide. She soon after wrestled with the great beast and killed it, soon after founding the town of Paradise Springs on the very spot where she won victory over nature. Although the statue may be somewhat forgotten today, it still serves its original purpose as a compass for lost travelers. Betty's arm points to the south, the tiger's tail points to the north, and the tiger's claws point to the east and west.

To the south of Old Betty rests an old boat landing, now torn apart by rain, rotting and entangled in vines. The dim hum of ramshackled motor boats come up from behind the old structure, as the treetops of a dense jungle claw up towards the sky. This remote outpost of sorts leads you out to the docks of this old jungle boat landing where you board a tramp steamer for an adventure into the heart of the unknown...what lies ahead is anyone's guess. Prepare yourself for the adventures to be held upon, The Jungle Cruise.

Leaving behind this "last outpost of civilization" you journey out into the mysterious jungle rivers of the remote desert island (Yes Paradise Springs is located on a remote desert island). Here you will sail through tropical rainforests filled with rare plants and exotic flowers. Here are seen the trappings of primitive civilizations and vanished cultures: spears, shields, ceremonial masks, and raiment native to tribal life along the equator. The skipper of your boat is a seasoned traveler; He (She) knows all the lore and legend of Adventureland. Your skipper will point out all the various sights and sounds to be seen along the river, also pointing out that life in the jungle is never boring, as elephants frolic in a pool, squirting water at bold travelers, and a fierce rhinoceros helps a lost safari get the point of adventure and travel.

Back in Paradise Springs rests an odd assortment of bazaars and cafes, numerous places offering warm meals and supplies for any weary traveler. Here we have the Adventureland Bazaar, a shopping venue of years past, selling an odd assortment of souvenirs, such as human skulls, shrunken heads, glistening jewels, and weaponry such as swords and guns. Right next door is the Happy Orangutan, an indoor/outdoor marketplace selling a wide variety of fruit and fruit-flavored snacks, such as apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, fruit snacks, pineapples, Dole Whips, cantelopes, coconuts, churros shaved ice, sodas, slushies, smoothies, lemonade, orange juice, ice cream, and pickles...if you consider them to be fruits...

The Adventurer's Club is the place to go if you're a seasoned traveler or archaeologist. Nestled alongside the rivers of the Jungle Cruise you will find this fancy restaurant home to a humongous selection of ancient artifacts, prehistoric fossils, and other priceless treasures. Dine indoors and be treated to live entertainment, or dine outdoors and receive a romantic view of the jungle as night falls upon it.

Other places of note include the Paradise Springs Shipping Co. and Colonel Reginald's Trading Post. Paradise Springs Shipping Co. is the place for quick gifts and souvenirs, located right next door to the Jungle Cruise. Here guests of all ages can browse from a wide selection of such gifts as rubber snakes, plastic lizards, buckets of spiders and other insects, postcards from Adventureland, and plush jungle animals. Colonel Reginald's Trading Post is for all of your clothing needs, specializing in Hawaiian clothes, straw hats and pith helmets, collectible clothing, and even pirate wear. Don't worry though, there are no pirates in Adventureland...speaking of pirates...this is Disneyland where are the pirates?

Anyways let's forget about the pirates for now...To the northeast of Old Betty is a dense jungle trail marked by ancient ruins and remote archaeologist tents and vehicles. Non-primitive torches (Meaning they're not made out of bamboo poles) light the way at night, leading to what appears to be an archaeologist dig. Enormous statues of such animals as elephants and panthers line the road as two massive temples climb up towards the sky. The sounds of jungle creatures grow more and more intense as a swampy river delta flows in from the waters of the nearby Jungle Cruise.

Indiana Jones Adventure, one of the park's most popular attractions lies just ahead.

Paradise Springs, Circa 1937

Artifacts lead to a jungle base camp where the renowned archaeologist Indiana Jones has made his latest archaeological discovery: The Temple of the Nightmare King. The temple is the lasting tribute to the natives' patron deity, the feared and fabled king of nightmares Muertorg.

Board a well-worn troop transport jeep and careen through the subterranean world of Adventureland where you will have an unfortunate encounter with the mysterious Muertorg himself in his supposably "sealed" imprisonment. After releasing the evil deity by accident, you are forced to flee, narrowly escaping giant snakes, pools of boiling hot lava, booby traps, earthquakes, hoards of undead creatures, poison darts, rockslides, and even giant spiders. Can Indy help his fellow explorers escape the dreadful price they must pay for freeing the evil spirit from his containment?

The Shrine of Life resides next door to the Temple of the Nightmare King, a shrine built as a tribute for the human soul. While excavating the site many archaeologists fell victim to horrible accidents, their poor bodies being buried in all the ancient rubble and dirt amongst the forgotten temple. Soon after tracks were set up throughout the ruins so archaeologists would have an easier way to make their way around the site. Native legend has it that one can find a great ruby deep within the temple, said to bring instant death to the first person to touch it. Well one foolish mortal thought it would be a good idea to go and find this ruby to see if this rumor was true. Well what do you know it was true...

Soon enough mine carts were sent zipping and sliding around the excavation site, sending unfortunate archaeologists on the rides of their life. The spirits of long-since dead archaeologists haunt the place, causing almost tragic accidents and all together haunting visitors and causing quite a ruckus. This is the adventure to be found on the park's first major roller coaster Raging Spirits.

Towards the northern point of Adventureland is Cluck-a-doodle Bridge, named for a crate of chickens seen floating down the river much to the joy of two hungry alligators who grunt in pleasure as the frightened chickens squawk with displeasure. An overturned boat named the S.S. Gobble rests nearby, a crackling radio transmission coming from within its pilot house.

"Hello? This is General El'O Fever, calling...S. Gobble to see if everyth...alright...ello? I'm going to send in...party...if everything's alright...put...you there? What's that grunting sound? I'm sending...right away...please respond...possible...hello?"

On either side of Cluck-a-doodle Bridge rests Shrunken Ned's Retail and the Paradise Chicken Plantation. Shrunken Ned's Retail is basically a really bizaare gift shop selling some of the weirdest souvenirs you will ever find in the history of mankind. It is very much like a curiousity shop of ages past. Many of its items are even based off the unused Museum of the Weird concept by Rolly Crump. Shrunken Ned (The shrunken head of a monocle-wearing British professor) runs the shop himself, telling fortunes and interacting with people via LCI technology. The Paradise Chicken Plantation is a chicken restaurant which is half in Adventureland and half in nearby Caribbean Square. This restaurant serves all kinds of chicken, varying in either land. In Adventureland you can get certain kinds of chicken while in Pirateland you can get other kinds. It's pretty simple to understand which I hope you do.

Leaving the big band music, native drums, ancient temples, and wild rainforests and swamps of Adventureland behind us we cross Cluck-a-doodle Bridge and enter a Caribbean sea port of the 1700's, around the golden age of piracy. This is the pillage and plundering-filled wonder that is Caribbean Square...

Expect to see Caribbean Square (A new land that I just thought of recently as I was typing up my overview of Adventureland) soon along with more details for Adventureland and Main Street.

Here is a list of everything you can find in Adventureland. Again everything will be different, not a clone of their sister attractions. Well Tropical Serenade will be a clone of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room and the ORIGINAL Tropical Serenade in Florida but that's about it.

Attractions and Entertainment

1. The Jungle Cruise
2. Tropical Serenade
3. Indiana Jones Adventure
4. Raging Spirits

Shopping and Dining

1. Adventureland Bazaar
2. The Happy Orangutan
3. The Adventurer's Club
4. Paradise Springs Shipping Co.
5. Colonel Reginald's Trading Post
6. Paradise Chicken Plantation
7. Shrunken Ned's

Caribbean Square only has one real attraction and I'm sure you can probably guess what that is. :p

So what do you all think peeps?

Tazer19

I just joined and am glad I stumbled upon your thread. Your detail and vivid descriptions make it easy to see your park right in front of you. Keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to reading more.

MaterA113

Great Job.. I cant wait to hear (read) more... I lOVE the adventureland, for some reason the Old Betty statue intrigues me and i love the connection to the land it has. It is subtle.

Really put thought in it :)

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
This really reminds me of the Adventureland we built for the League of Dreamers. Man, that was a good time; it's a shame you cut it short, MEW.

Are you open to help, or should I stick to admiring from afar?

---TrevorA

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Part Three

I know it's a little early but Caribbean Square isn't all that big a land, so I don't really need to worry about it. Forgive me admins and followers if this is considered a double post.

"No fear have ye of evil curses sez you...HARRrrr-HU-HUMmm. Properly be warned, sez I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders o' this bewitched treasure...Dead men tell no tales..."

From the perils of the jungle to this far away port-of-call Caribbean Square is the setting for some of the world's most exotic tropical treasures.

"Shipshape this anchorage for pleasure-seekin' rogues...Aye! After months at sea, facin' the perils o' their adventurous trade...they was inclined to traffic their ill-gotten wealth for the pleasure of a lovely lassie's voice and...Dead men tell no tales..."

Spanish colonial architecture makes up this small portion of the park, a land dedicated to some old sea port of the 1700's. A land where British soldiers parade the streets, a land where rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves of all shapes and sizes come in from long voyages at sea for a bite to eat and restock on supplies, and a land where one wrong word led to certain doom.

"Pretty baubles, think ye, and a king's ransom in gold. Aye, blood money, and cursed it be...cursed by the black-hearted rogues what left it. Who knows what evil spell lurks 'neath each cursed chest?"

Caribbean Square is a collection of dockside shops, merchant stalls, and converted storehouses filled to overflowing with imports - obtained legally and otherwise - from around the world. Some of these venues include Caribbean Traders, a shop where one can find actual imports from the Caribbean, Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar, the appropriately named House of Treasure where one can find all the pirate movie-related merchandise one can possibly want, The Golden Galleon, a light hearted shop offering the traditional pirate stock-in-trade: Plastic swords, telescopes, gold doubloons, glittering jewels, eye patches, guns, balls and chains, iron keys, pirate hats, hooks, ship models, and even real and authentic jewelry! The Paradise Chicken Plantation continues into the square from Adventureland and the Blue Lagoon Restaurant serves up a romantic candlelight meal below the stars of the nearby Blue Lagoon (Which is set up in a CERTAIN attraction).

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!
We pillage, plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!"

Uh oh...this can't be good...did somebody say treasure (Here's what you've been waiting for!)? Beware the Pirates of the Caribbean are out and abroad!

"We're beggars and blighters, and
ne-er-do-well cads. Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads.
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!"

These are the rowdiest rogues ever to sail the high seas! Plundering and pillaging as though it were some grand sport. No wonder they sail under the Jolly Roger!

Despite the fact that "dead men tell no tales" nothing will dissuade this fun-loving cast of buccaneers from plundering a seaport village in search of treasure and unaimously proclaiming "Yo-Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)!"

From the mysterious grottos of Davy Jones's Locker to the rambuncthious antics of scalawags at play, Pirates of the Caribbean provides a memorable adventure for seafarers of all ages.

Suddenly the jolly sea chanties fade into the distance. Instead there is a change in the air...no longer are you surrounded by the salty smell of the Caribbean Sea, but the smell of fresh pine and dense wilderness. You can only be in one place...and that place is Frontierland...

EDIT: I plan on restarting League of Dreamers one day...I'm just not sure when.

Thanks for the compliments guys I really appreciate them! :)

Actually TrevorA I'm going to get you guys involved once I am done covering the entire resort. I am going to need help coming up with ride throughs and all that good stuff. ;)

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Nice! I can't wait. I hope I'll still be around to notice when it starts.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

---TrevorA

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
School has started for me once again (We had finals last week so we had no homework) so I have homework and stuff like that to look out for. Also I'm in the school musical which we have practically an entire month to prepare for. We're always behind on our shows for some odd reason.

So my posts might be smaller or a little bit less frequent. Yesterday was good for me because I had nothing to do which gave me a lot of free time. So I got two lands out of the way yesterday and one on Friday or Saturday, I'm not sure when...Yeah I posted it on Saturday looking back on it now...

Right now I am currently researching all the Frontierlands of the world in search of ideas and inspiration. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do in mind and, let's just say that Frontierland is going to be pretty western movie-esque...it will definitely be the essence of an old western film I assure you. Expect to see classic attractions as Big Thunder Mountain with huge twists placed upon it, a relaxing train ride through Nature's Wonderland, and many, many, other adventures along the frontier.

Also forget everything I wrote about Caribbean Square yesterday. I'm giving the land an entire refurbishment, I just came up with it on the spot and I was rather unhappy with it.

SO FORGET CARIBBEAN SQUARE EVER EXISTED FOR NOW.

Sorry I like typing in bold lettering in red letters with all caps.

I'll go over the new and improved Caribbean Square much later, I am still going to cover Frontierland next.

Thanks for all the responses again guys! :D

Disneyson 1

Sooo.. this is awesome. I love that you included a new "square" to the design of the park. Nice idea. So would PotC be normal, classic, flume, or other? There's so many ways it could go!

P.S. The Adventureland. Is. AMAZING. It's filled with detail, REAL STORY, small things that make each area in the land AWESOME, and a great line-up of rides. I love this whole thing and can't wait for the next part!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE do the Imagineer Game! We need more people like you!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Info and Thanks!

Thanks for the really nice compliments Disneyson!

Pirates of the Caribbean will be the classic attraction with lots of changes installed into it. Yes it will have more elements of the movies in them (Forgive me Pirates purists) but all of the park's other attractions will make up for it I promise.

Basically here are some of the changes you can expect to see:

- The majority of the attraction will be held in Port Royal.
- Governor Swann and Elizabeth Swann will be involved with the well dunking scene.
- Will Turner will be seen dueling to the death with a heavily drunken pirate in the chase scene.
- The Pooped Pirate will be raving about his "lively lassie" once more.

Those are the only changes I'm going to leak out before the actual attraction is posted.

Originally I was going to make it have a humongous flume drop at the climax of the attraction and place the attraction in Adventureland, but instead I decided on just making it the classic ride system that we all know and love, and giving it its own themed land to reside in.

Also I wanted to save the flume drop idea for another attraction...the updated version of Splash Mountain scheduled to be placed in this park's "Critter Country" section. Not only will this new version of the classic attraction have a new storyline, possibly new music (Not very likely), and it will also host the world's largest and steepest flume drop. And a new villain will be joining Brer Fox and Brer Bear as well...no details on who it is just yet...

If you liked Adventureland, just wait until you see Tomorrowland! That is probably the next land that I am the proudest (The most proud?) of next to Adventureland!

But I do hope all the lands will be great and all so don't think all the other ones will only be half done like the original Caribbean Square was.

Again it all depends on my time schedule to see if I can play the game or not. I am seriously considering signing up though so stay tuned...

Thanks again for all the comments guys, you guys rock! :sohappy:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Announcement

Just so there's no confusion, but Kermit and I are doing two entirely seperate resorts so don't get them mixed up or anything like that.

I like the freight train idea but how exactly would it work? I understand that it would travel counter clockwise instead of the passenger train which would travel clockwise, but wouldn't they collide with each other at some point, or would they run one at a time while the other ones would wait offstage. And would people at least be able to ride in the boxcars, or are they just for show because that may create some serious congestion problems in the park if a train that carries passengers wasn't running. Hey but that's just my opinion, you can do whatever you want! :D

So everyone, expect to see Caribbean Square and Frontierland very soon. They will most likely be posted on the same day (More than likely at different times) so keep an eye out for them this coming week and weekend. I really appreciate the fact that people have been reading it and it will only be a matter of time before I start to get you guys involved!

Oh and here is a hint of something you may find in the second park:

Woolly Mammoths

Can anyone make a crack at what it might be, meaning what might this park be?

ScorpionX

Just so there's no confusion, but Kermit and I are doing two entirely seperate resorts so don't get them mixed up or anything like that.

I like the freight train idea but how exactly would it work? I understand that it would travel counter clockwise instead of the passenger train which would travel clockwise, but wouldn't they collide with each other at some point, or would they run one at a time while the other ones would wait offstage. And would people at least be able to ride in the boxcars, or are they just for show because that may create some serious congestion problems in the park if a train that carries passengers wasn't running. Hey but that's just my opinion, you can do whatever you want! *

So everyone, expect to see Caribbean Square and Frontierland very soon. They will most likely be posted on the same day (More than likely at different times) so keep an eye out for them this coming week and weekend. I really appreciate the fact that people have been reading it and it will only be a matter of time before I start to get you guys involved!

Oh and here is a hint of something you may find in the second park:

Woolly Mammoths **

Can anyone make a crack at what it might be, meaning what might this park be?

* Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, the freight train will travel on a seperate track than the passenger train. Disneyland Park in California had this feature when it opened in 1955.

** I have a list of my guesses:
Disney's Animal Kingdom clone
Prehistoric Park
Polar Region Park

If any of my guesses are correct, please post that fact here, MANEATINGWREATH.

_Scar

I'd love for TDO to build a Hotel that enters the park and adds to the theme.

Just like the MiraCoasta in TDS. So beautiful and it wraps around the entry and literally in the park. Gorgeous.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
/\ I've been considering putting a hotel in and out of the second park for a while now actually so we'll see how things turn out. It's just a possibility though because this resort is only going to have one MEGA HOTEL!!!!!!!! Sorry I wanted to make a dramatic effect there...

Caribbean Square is going to be pretty simple to complete now the more that I think about it. Expect to see it tomorrow or early Saturday morning, the latest and late Saturday.

I'm still doing work on Frontierland so its release may be delayed just a little bit. When Critter Country comes around after Frontierland it will probably come around fast since it is one of the park's smaller lands, just like Caribbean Square.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom