News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I heard that Everything in WDW has a duplicate. Even the botany.
So there are 2 Bob Igers
11017874_10206063981341800_4189093259267558780_n.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
That is if the lawyers allow the effect to come back.

I'm not nearly that cynical. Once they understand what happened, there will likely need to be some design changes to prevent recurrence and probably (if it's not there already) the addition of an onboard fire suppression system before it comes back. But I tend to believe it could be made safe relatively easily.

After all, they have 5+ years operating these dragons (WDW & Paris) without issue and unless they find a major unexpected issue, it seems relatively easy to remediate and restore it to the parades safely.

KBLovedDisney

Sure they keep replicas, just like Whoville put out a spare Christmas tree after the Grinch torched the first one.

Edit: Maybe it was the Grinch's doing :cautious:

Donaldfan1934

Daily maintenance and safety testing isn't the same as daily operation. As a trapeze performer, the rig is rarely taken down, but every day we do multi point inspection and safety test of the net, bar, ladders, etc.
I know we're always quick to blame Disney for these types of things, but I think we should listen to what @LAKid53 is saying here. When a float is running almost everyday and often multiple times per day for over 4 years, sometimes something just gives no matter how many precautions you take. It's a piece of technology after all.

note2001

I hope not. This whole thing of x breaks down, it won’t come back isn’t good show.
It's more like an insurance policy issue now. There is no way they'll be granted any kind of fire in a parade rider after the analysts take a look at what could have gone wrong, but didn't. What happened this afternoon was a best case scenario.

peter11435

It's more like an insurance policy issue now. There is no way they'll be granted any kind of fire in a parade rider after the analysts take a look at what could have gone wrong, but didn't. What happened this afternoon was a best case scenario.
It really doesn’t work that way at WDW.

Disney doesn’t need to be granted anything. If they want it to come back it will. If not it won’t. This isn’t the first time fire has damaged something at WDW. Not even the first time fire has damaged an entertainment show element.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom