Downtown Disney rumor

JustInTime

I liked Hyperion Warf much better. I liked the "turn of the century" feel it had mixed with classic Disney characters. I loved the idea of being able to actually hear the lightbulbs and the fake generator sounds. Seems like what we are getting is something similar only with all the themeing removed. Sad.

71jason

How is this any more appealing to potential lessees than PI 2.0, Hyperion Wharf, etc.? Not entirely sure if the West Side parking lot is also being demolished, but if so, just going to annoy AMC and Splitsville.

Most interesting news is that Planet Hollywood is apparently on the way out.

GymLeaderPhil

I've also heard about something similar to this. The marina might also be getting the axe since business isn't great and they're thinking about placing a pedestrian bridge that would help with the flow from current day Marketplace to PI.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting the parking garage has moved again. And certain things are omitted.

Great thinking that the marina can go since its not making enough money....

John

I have been most critical about the way Disney has handled the DTD district. I am not going to pooh pooh this plan. If they pull it off....it would be a very nice addtion. My caveat is: it seems overly zealous for TDO, to reimagine the entire property....it is a huge undertaking. Not to mention the parking situation alone is a large construction project. We all know the pace at which they do things. To do something like this will take a few years to complete. I think the theme is a little weak....How many places across the country have the word "springs" in it. I would expect something a little more unique....something that you couldnt find anywhere. The only thing that may differentiate it from anywhere else is by attaching the Disney name to it. All of that said if they do it right ( like anything else) it will be a very nice additon and very much needed. Now lets see if it happens. We have been down this road before.

Tinkerbell 8

As much as I'd rather TDO do work in the parks, atleast its something....if it happens. Disney keeps saying that they are going to do things, like Hyperion Warf or Pandora and then they don't say anything else about it for a long time, hoping that no one remembers they said it in the first place. I know they are trying to grab peoples attention, but if they keep backing out of things or not building things they discussed in press events, people are going to stop caring. Its like Disney has big bad wolf syndrome. Now back on topic, I think that DD does need some work but I'm just a little worried about them finding all those outside companies, seems like the new plans have a lot more stores/restaurants that aren't owned or operated by Disney. They already seem to have a problem with filling the stores at the current DD, not to mention leaving PI completely empty for years now.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
b882bdac01dc1e7cfd0a2d9ecb508986.jpg

RonAnnArbor

It's not bad planning...DTD was originally designed to keep resort guests on property. But as the suburban area has grown and developments filled in the area, DTD is also a local resident destination now too...Raglan Road caters 50/50 to Orlando and Disney guests...Splitsville mostly to locals...AMC mostly to locals...I expect to see more parking in the plans, and more retail the locals want. Your already starting to see that: less souvenir shops on the West Side and more clothing/ accessories --the kinds of things locals buy on their way back to the car after their movie, not the Florida magnets tourists buy on the way back to their resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom