Double Stroller Suggestions

osu5172

Original Poster
My family and I are looking for a stroller to take with us to Disney World in September, our boys will then be 7, 5 and 3. WE are looking for a double that way if either my husband or myself takes our 7 year old on a ride the other is not stuck in one place with two strollers. We are also set on a double stroller since our middle son has aspergers and while is does fine at Kings Island (we live 20 min away and have annual passes) he sometimes like to "take a break" in our single stroller and cover his head with a blanket to get away from everything. The other problem we have is All of our kids are TALL, the middle son is currently 45 inches and the youngest is 38 inches. Does anyone have any suggestions fro a double stroller that will work well in Disney and is comfortable for tall kids?

amy1985

If you're buying, I would suggest a britax b-agile double stroller- it has one hand fold/ open- amazing at Disney, but is on the pricy side- about $300-$350. If you plan to rent I would get the citi select double- very similar to the britax. You should be able to rent offsite for about $100 for one week.

meyeet

We've rented twice from Kingdom Strollers and have been very happy with our decision both times. We've tried both the City Mini Double and the City Mini Gt Double and I would recommend the Gt Double for its ease of use. It was easy to push and turn even when loaded down with kids and backpacks. Their website states that it is best used for children under 48" tall so should be fine for your middle child.

hsisthebest

We bought a Combi Twin and loved it for many reasons. Price is great. Fits 2 kids of different sizes, compact but still has some storage, closes and opens in a flash, lightweight and many more great things. It is really a good balance between a double umbrella stroller that might not get the job done, and the full-size 40lb. cruisers like Graco/BOB. We tried a Graco tandem stoller and it was quite a feat getting it on and off the crowded buses and through the airport. We have a 2.5 y/o, 18 mon., and 4 y/o we are taking this Sept. and plan on bringing the Combi again.

Another (late) vote for the double city mini - you may be able to grab one used for around the same price as renting, I love mine! My daughter is tall for her age, I think she's 38 inches and she has plenty of room left to grow. The best part is, they're only 36 inches wide or something crazy, so they are really easy to drive and fit thru standard doors.

Weather_Lady

I'd think twice (no pun intended) about a double stroller, due to the extra bulk and difficulty you'll have maneuvering around. You know your children best, but in general, a healthy 5-year-old can get around without a stroller (especially if you're not spending full days in the parks).

Mawg

Tall kids, I like the sit and stand strollers. I agree with your need for a double stroller. If you have to get on a train or bus and you have two strollers it means both of you will be folding up strollers. You need one person to fold up the stroller and the other to grab stuff and kids, makes it fast and it doesn't hold up lines. The sit and stands are slightly shorter and I'm not a fan of the double wide. The double wide can be tough to get through narrow paths. Just be carful with any double stroller, you are pushing a lot of mass and an accidental hit can really hurt. There are normal pedestrians that hate strollers and they will test you with a make my day look or you are not taking that thing through here even if you say politely excuse me. Get your Disney groove on and just try to stay clear.

Mawg

I'd think twice (no pun intended) about a double stroller, due to the extra bulk and difficulty you'll have maneuvering around. You know your children best, but in general, a healthy 5-year-old can get around without a stroller (especially if you're not spending full days in the parks).

The five year old has aspergers, did you miss that part. She shouldn't think twice, there will be unpredictable situations and taking a chance without a double just isn't worth it.

Weather_Lady

The five year old has aspergers, did you miss that part. She shouldn't think twice, there will be unpredictable situations and taking a chance without a double just isn't worth it.

Yes, I did miss that part -- I mistakenly read it as referring to the youngest son. I apologize. No need to fly off the handle...

Mawg

Yes, I did miss that part -- I mistakenly read it as referring to the youngest son. I apologize. No need to fly off the handle...

No, this is flying of the handle...How DARE YOU not read someone's post correctly when trying to offer advice and then when someone tries to correct the advice you give you tell them they are flying off the handle. No worries.

Weather_Lady

No, this is flying of the handle...How DARE YOU not read someone's post correctly when trying to offer advice and then when someone tries to correct the advice you give you tell them they are flying off the handle. No worries.

The OP has a legitimate question, of which my mistaken response has apparently derailed all positive discussion. I won't be taking the bait to escalate this tangent, and will bow out.

DisneyBaby823

I think this one is awesome!

The Kinderwagon Hop
Famous-Brand-Baby-Twins-Stroller-European-Double-Stroller-Buggy-Twin-Travel-Jogger-Pushchairs.jpg

Also in black
423353036_518.jpg

And here's an excellent video review on it, everything you need to know.
This stroller is compact, has a compact fold...

Kristamouse

I had a Kinderwagon Hop and it was a fine little stroller. Be warned it is not sturdy on different terrains and is not good AT ALL for tall kids. It worked best when my kids were under 4. I was lightweight and easy to fold and store but IMHO not for kids older than 4.
I have 5 kids myself ages 10 to 7 months and owned at least 10 different strollers I have found that light weight=flimsy. The City Mini Side by Side is great but side by sides work better with kids close in age and or weight. Since you will need a stroller for a few more years I would recommend an in line stroller you can make a double or single. I am currently in love with the Britax B Ready but the City Versa is comparable. My large four year old fit comfortable and my 6 year will sneak her toushie in when she can! They both fit in the top and bottom seat. Our baby typically sits awake in the top seat and the 4 year old rides when needed in the bottom. When baby is sleeping thr bottom seat works because it is a little more private.
Any stroller you are interested in I would head over to You Tube and watch video reviews of the strollers you are interested in, that is how I decided on the Britax B Ready.

DisneyBaby823

That's good to know about the HOP! My husband and I are tall and they keep telling me our baby is tall so I suspect that, like us, he will always be taller than others his age.
I always liked the HOP because of its compact design, but it's good to get info from someone whose had experience with it!

Also, unfortunately, you are right about "lightweight = flimsy!"
I bought a Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller from Walmart because it's "lightweight", compact, standing fold, etc. as an emergency use coach (for when my back goes out) and found that it's basically a piece of junk. I still recommend it though for certain things. For example, as I said for when my back goes out, this stroller is great as a backup to my 30-lb one! Additionally, I figured it would be great for vacationing as it is easy to take around and if anything happens to it it won't be much of a loss.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom