Dominos-like pizza at any counter service?

Kriszee1

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there are certain restaurants in WDW that sell pizza like Dominos makes??? My 4 year old is VERY particular when it comes to pizza. Is Pizza Planet like it or is there any other counter service restaurant that has something like it? Thanks

Cmdr_Crimson

All the pizza that is on the resort property are made by disney...So any of the places that sell pizza..Is going to be pretty much the same. It's an individual pizza with 4 slices.. The only other places that might have a different pizza is at Downtown Disney..I hope this helps

Kriszee1

Original Poster
I am just looking to see if there is a place on Disney property that has pizza that tastes like and has the same crust as Dominos does. The last time I had a whole pie was at Hollywood Studios years ago, I don't even remember the name of it. Definately not Pizza planet. He has had the 4 slice individual there at sit down restaurants and liked them, but I was wondering about whole pies for a family. Do they still have that thick crust...kind of like chuck e cheese or dominos does? Thanks!

TLS

While this may or may not help....We had the pizza from Trails End in Fort Wilderness and it is a FULL size pie (8 slice), but tastes like a frozen pizza. Crust is thick and didn't seem cooked through. It was filling, and while it didn't taste bad, it was far from good. I give it a 1. I give Domino's a 2-3 at most, and I give a good local pizzaria 9-10.

Crust was far from Domino's.......like I said...like a big frozen pizza.

Don't know how this FW pizza compares to other places in the World though.

miles1

"Pizza" is a relative term at WDW. (Relative to a tuna sandwich, I guess you can call it pizza) I actually think that Pizza Planet is similar to, but slightly better than Domino's, although that's not saying much. Gave me heatburn twice as fast too!

Best pizza on property is from the takeout window at Spoodles (at the Boardwalk).

At DHS you can get a pizza at Mama Melrose's which might be what you remember from years ago.

tigsmom

IMO, Thankfully no place at WDW has pizza that tastes like Dominos.

Was thinking the same thing! :lol:

I understand the question though, little ones can be very picky. For months on end my oldest (when she was 3) would only eat chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli. :brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Was thinking the same thing! :lol:

I understand the question though, little ones can be very picky. For months on end my oldest (when she was 3) would only eat chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli. :brick:

Stale bread and water, till they appreciate proper food.

Disneykidder

I agree with everyone. Try Tony's or Mama Melrose...they may have a full sized pie that tastes as good as your local pizzeria.

We had a pie with wings on the side from ASSp once and it was delivered to our room. It was pretty good. Pizza Planet is decent. If you want a more well done crust, you can ask for that.:)

Phonedave

IMO, Thankfully no place at WDW has pizza that tastes like Dominos.

Thats because you are spoiled by the area you come from (and thats a good thing) :)

Having said that, I don't think any place in WDW has pizza like Dominos. WDW pizzas are (at least to my taste) frozen. Dominos are made in the shop on an automated machine, and for some reason contain massive amounts of grease.

-dave

coasterphil

Have to agree with everyone else, nothing on property tastes the least bit like Domino's. I don't really care for Domino's at all, but I honestly think that the Disney pizza is even worse. I'm not really sure how people eat it.

Tinkerbella16

I do not like the pizza that you can order for delivery at your hotel. It was horrible. But I did love the pizza from Toy Story Pizza Planet...it tasted good. I don't really eat pizza when Im in wdw, so I'm not sure if its the same everywhere in the parks.

fosse76

Have to agree with everyone else, nothing on property tastes the least bit like Domino's. I don't really care for Domino's at all, but I honestly think that the Disney pizza is even worse. I'm not really sure how people eat it.

I agree. I grew up in Chicago and now live in New York. I can't stomache any pizza that doesn't come from Chicago (I personally find NY pizza to be tasteless). I feel sorry for people who's only pizza experience is Domino's...Papa John's is only slightly better.

Kriszee1

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I live at the Jersey shore and my friend has restaurant that has the BEST pizza. mY son won't eat it...although I can eat the whole pie myself. I am particularly fond of the buffalo chicken pizza he makes! There was one company that made a frozen pizza he would eat...Tony's. They changed the crust and now we are stuck buying a small pie from Dominos and freezing it. I don't even want to go into what goes on after an evening at Chuck e Cheese's! I only wish he would eat a PB&J sandwich. He will only eat chicken nuggets not chicken fingers. He has to be absolutely starving to eat something like that. Thanks though. I think we will head to Pizza Planet & Tony's to try their pies. We had the room service pie the last time we were there, and the heartburn lasted 3 days! And my son hated the sauce on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom