Doing MK on a whim w/o FP recommendations

MOM2FOUR

Has anyone gone to WDW recently on a whim without using FP? My family is considering a day side trip to MK during our vacation next month, but only if the weather is nice. Thus, we don't want to buy tickets until a few days out. Most likely the good FP will be taken (Mine Train/Splash and Space Mountain, etc), so how do you think my family will fare? Will we get to ride anything? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Weather_Lady

Have you checked crowd calendars for the day(s) you're thinking about? Unless they're super-high, I think it would be well worth-it to visit, even if there are some FP+ (e.g., 7DMT) that are unavailable or tough to get. People cancel and switch FP+ all the time, so there's always something opening up... and if you're able to be there before rope drop, the sky's the limit for the first hour or two anyway!

Upvote 0

contrariwise

Have you checked crowd calendars for the day(s) you're thinking about? Unless they're super-high, I think it would be well worth-it to visit, even if there are some FP+ (e.g., 7DMT) that are unavailable or tough to get. People cancel and switch FP+ all the time, so there's always something opening up... and if you're able to be there before rope drop, the sky's the limit for the first hour or two anyway!
I agree with this. Especially in MK, there should be pretty good availability a few days out.

OP - I would for sure book FPs as soon as you get tickets. I don't see a downside to booking whatever you can get.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom