Does time of year influence where to stay?

LdyApxr

So we are planning May and Oct/Nov of next year for our first trips to the World and we are booked at the GF in May and the Poly in Oct(staying the 26th to the 2nd of Nov) but I was wondering if the weather ever influences where you stay? Does it rain more in one month than the other(of those two months) and does the Poly have indoor or outdoor corridors?

My Unofficial Guide will be here on Wednesday so I will be reading that front to back! LOL

JIMINYCR

"I did Mission Control because I was on a work trip and did not have to pay for it"
But I am the "it's only money" kind of person so I balance him pretty well..

So give him an early Christmas present and he cant fuss about him having to pay for it himself. ( Here DH....I know WDW isnt your thing but I heard about this....and I realllly want you to enjoy yourself ;). )

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

Original Poster
So give him an early Christmas present and he cant fuss about him having to pay for it himself. ( Here DH....I know WDW isnt your thing but I heard about this....and I realllly want you to enjoy yourself ;). )

LOL! That is so me! I have already gifted him two dogs so this would just be in line.... LOL Although the last dog was one he caved before anyone else did!

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

Original Poster
Suffering through the Maine winters for many years.....endless ice, snow, cold :banghead:.... with my DW hearing me bi@#h about it :devilish:......spending an 83 degree Christmas at WDW.... is all the spirit I need. I'll take the fake snow all day long. :D:D:D

Haha! Bill grew up in Upper MI and says he can skip snow now no matter real or fake even if he does not have to shovel it! His mom used to ask him when he was moving "back home" to MI and he said "I joined the AF to get out of MI and got sent to MI after basic so the first chance to get out to CA, I jumped on it" and he has lived 40yrs in CA vs 22 in MI so he would tell her "CA IS my home, and no, we are not moving to MI ever" LOL As a born and raised NorCal gal, I can agree, snow is nice to visit and I may have 4 huskies(one has an identity crisis and hates water and snow) but I don't want to live in it.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I can agree, snow is nice to visit and I may have 4 huskies(one has an identity crisis and hates water and snow) but I don't want to live in it.
We moved here shortly after marrying 32 + years ago , had the opportunity to own our own business, be closer to family, and other good reasons. BUUUUT retirement cant come soon enough for me.... I'm selling the biz and headed where I never have to pick up a shovel, start up my snowblower or see a snow plow. I tell DW, the best day of my life will be when I see "Leaving this State" in my windshield and see Welcome to WDW permanently. :D:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

Original Poster
I've been to MI three times and all in the Spring/Summer thank God and we will never need to go back there again(thank God again LOL) but my sister who is even more of a "snowphobic" than I am, her husband's family is in Upper MI too(mine on Lake Huron, hers on Lake Superior) and she says she wants to retire there as "the housing is so cheap!" and Bill said "You hate the snow, that would be a bad idea' and she said "Oh it doesn't snow in Marquette, my SIL told me" and Bill just laughed! Marquette is not only just an hour from Green Bay(she and I are Steelers fans so she knows what GB looks like in winter) and not only is it snowing, it is lake effect snow(that my husband still curses 40yrs later!). She is so gullible and it is no wonder her husband has not indulged her in that idea.

Plus our alpaca herd is here and we love those silly animals!

Bill is close to retiring but we just bought our house in NorCal(I love my 85yr old Tudor cottage) so this is where we will stay and while 111* sucks in the summer, the winters are mild enough to make up for it. LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom