Does this image depress anyone else too? (Wonders of Life)

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
epcot-wonders-of-life-pavilion-1-9.jpg

afar28

I am mad and sad that they closed Wonders of Life, but the fact that they are doing nothing with it, just letting it sit there and do nothing with it is what angers me. If they replaced it, I wouldnt even care that much that Wonders of Life closed really...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It looked much like that the last time it was open. The only people there were folks like me who were taking pictures of everything.

i wonder if they'll do anything with it soon

I am mad and sad that they closed Wonders of Life, but the fact that they are doing nothing with it, just letting it sit there and do nothing with it is what angers me. If they replaced it, I wouldnt even care that much that Wonders of Life closed really...

It is being used quite successfully for private events and seasonal offerings like the food and wine festival and the flower and garden festival. I would not count on anything else happening there for the foreseeable future.

disn3ydude

The worst thing about Wonders of Life being closed is that the pavilion is just sitting there with no use (excluding Food and Wine and Flower and Garden). If the building was torn down, it wouldn't be as bad, but now it's just like they are taunting us with what the pavilion used to be.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The worst thing about Wonders of Life being closed is that the pavilion is just sitting there with no use (excluding Food and Wine and Flower and Garden). If the building was torn down, it wouldn't be as bad, but now it's just like they are taunting us with what the pavilion used to be.

It does get used quite a bit for private events.

riverscu0m0

Breaking my heart, seriously though, I always go up and look at it and CM's are like "Oh that's closed sorry" and i'm just sitting there like ".... i know D:" Cranium Command is one of my first memories of WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And once again, using a public pavilion for private events is one of the biggest pointers that TDO have lost the plot in how to run a theme park. Why not just make all the pavilions private? Be a hell of a lot cheaper and the profits would skyrocket.

My mistake. That's what the tent in Showcase is for. So they DON'T have to use guest areas. Or should that be used for its intended purpose too?

Along with Odyssey.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It makes me sad, it was a fun pavilion. I wish they could put something fun for guests in that space. I keep hearing abut a possible overhaul of DHS but Epcot really needs some lovin' too.

disn3ydude

And once again, using a public pavilion for private events is one of the biggest pointers that TDO have lost the plot in how to run a theme park. Why not just make all the pavilions private? Be a hell of a lot cheaper and the profits would skyrocket.

My mistake. That's what the tent in Showcase is for. So they DON'T have to use guest areas. Or should that be used for its intended purpose too?

Along with Odyssey.

Thank you. I just don't see the point in keeping a pavilion that was public space, but now it is only used for private functions and special events.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Along with Odyssey.

WoL, Odyssey - wasn't the thingy between Canada & UK built for private events?

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Breaking my heart, seriously though, I always go up and look at it and CM's are like "Oh that's closed sorry" and i'm just sitting there like ".... i know D:" Cranium Command is one of my first memories of WDW.

I hate it when CM's say that! One time I was walking past the entrance to the old WoL, and a cast member was like "Sorry, we don't allow guests into "Festival Center" (UGH!) until the fall." If only you could've seen my expression. Don't they get this kind of reaction from loyal fans enough to realize they need to re-open?

disn3ydude

Do you like things like money? Disney does and that is why they do it.

I understand. I think there are better uses for that space though. Along with the fact that there are plenty of other locations throughout Epcot that could be used. I'd rather see it torn down than left empty most of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom