Does more expensive hotel = better fastpass perks?

col

Yellow Shoes said:
Just to clarify a detail:

Only concierge guests get purchases delivered to their rooms.

Guests at value, moderates, and non-concierge deluxe resorts will have their purchases delivered to the gift shop.
It's still a great perk.

thats what i meant but either way its still a bonus!:)

any guest can get their purchases delivered to the front of the park -in MK its city hall- and pick them up before they leave which is great as it means you dont have to carry any breakables around with you.

Computer Magic

jmvd20 said:
Could have been part of the gold plan but I can't say for sure. We have always picked up the items at the gift shop no matter where we have stayed, never stayed on concierge level though.
There was a time where items were delivered to your rooms. I know this for moderate and Deluxe. I'm not sure when it changed. It was there in 2002 but not when I returned in 2005. I stayed at the Boardwalk and it was a pain to pick up the package which was outside of the resort. :brick:

jmvd20

Computer Magic said:
There was a time where items were delivered to your rooms. I know this for moderate and Deluxe. I'm not sure when it changed. It was there in 2002 but not when I returned in 2005. I stayed at the Boardwalk and it was a pain to pick up the package which was outside of the resort. :brick:

I didn't travel to WDW from about the mid 90's till 2002. For the last few trips we stayed at the Values and they were always delivered to the gift shop. I am going to pay the extra $600/night(??) to get a concierge room. That way I don't have to walk all the way to the gift shop, definitely worth the money IMO :D

Computer Magic

jmvd20 said:
I didn't travel to WDW from about the mid 90's till 2002. For the last few trips we stayed at the Values and they were always delivered to the gift shop. I am going to pay the extra $600/night(??) to get a concierge room. That way I don't have to walk all the way to the gift shop, definitely worth the money IMO :D
Well I didn't like where it was set up at the Boardwalk. The shop is literally on the Boardwalk. So you have to walk outside the resort, down the stairs then it's about 4 shops over. :brick:

It should at least be in your resort. Especially for the Boardwalk which is quite expensive. Which is not worth it.

GrimGhost

Computer Magic said:
Well I didn't like where it was set up at the Boardwalk. The shop is literally on the Boardwalk. So you have to walk outside the resort, down the stairs then it's about 4 shops over. :brick:

It should at least be in your resort. Especially for the Boardwalk which is quite expensive. Which is not worth it.

Right..how dare Disney not bring it to your room !!:lookaroun and BTW -- all the shops and restaraunts at the BW are part of the BW resort. I for one enjoy every moment I spend at Disney -- even walking down to a gift shop. Its a free service and I think most people would agree, a nice one at that.

Computer Magic

GrimGhost said:
Right..how dare Disney not bring it to your room !!:lookaroun and BTW -- all the shops and restaraunts at the BW are part of the BW resort. I for one enjoy every moment I spend at Disney -- even walking down to a gift shop. Its a free service and I think most people would agree, a nice one at that.
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining. It's not a free service, its a service paid in your resort price. It may not be a line item, but it's a cost. If you allow Disney to remove perks without saying something, soon there will be no perks left. Disney removed the room delivery perk to save money. There may be other factors on why, but that is one of them.

So what if they are part of the resort. It's still a hike. Why not have the packages inside the actual resort like the sundries or behind the desk?

When you are tired after a day at the park, it not always fun to make the hike to that area in BW.

GrimGhost

Computer Magic said:
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining. It's not a free service, its a service paid in your resort price. It may not be a line item, but it's a cost. If you allow Disney to remove perks without saying something, soon there will be no perks left. Disney removed the room delivery perk to save money. There may be other factors on why, but that is one of them.

So what if they are part of the resort. It's still a hike. Why not have the packages inside the actual resort like the sundries or behind the desk?

When you are tired after a day at the park, it not always fun to make the hike to that area in BW.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't feel that Disney will continue or discontinue to provide "free" perks based on guest request. I feel they will do what they feel is necessary to stay ahead of competition and exceed guest expectations. Same for the walk, I've just never been that tired at WDW, or if I was, I'd go the next day...it's not going to be sent back!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d be surprised if Disney intorduced FP perks depending on resort - this would begin to introduce a `class` system in the parks where the more you can afford the more privaliges you get in the parks themselves - a place where everyone is supposed to be equal (not counting being able to afford table service Vs fast food etc.)

Having FP perks from resort class would introduce a definite class division in the parks - a "we`re better than them" mentallity. Rightly or wrongly, both sides of the divide would look at the other as a different social class. It happens already with standby Vs FP - how many evil looks have you gotten with a FP when you bypass those in standby? I`ve had quite a few, even though the `perk` is available to all.

Cliffordsmon

Computer Magic said:

They may have used the cost as an excuse but I was told by a gift shop employee that there were too many complaints about the packages not being delivered to the rooms and items missing from the packages. I viewed it as a "cover your back" move.

I actually like getting my packages at the Boardwalk gift shop. While I realize that housekeeping has keys to each room, I prefer to think that nobody has been in my room while I'm out. We're DVC members, so there is no reason for housekeeping to visit each day.

Picking up at the gift shop also gave me the opportunity to play "show and tell" on a couple of occasions. Last summer, I had a beautiful necklace sent over from Arribas and the cast members called each other over to have a look. Childish, maybe, but it felt nice to show off my new "toy". That is, until a supervisor came over, flashed a sardonic smile, and they all ran in different directions. Anyway, I consider the Boardwalk my big summer playground and walking to the gift shop to pick something up is no problem.

rcapolete

Yellow Shoes said:
Just to clarify a detail:

Only concierge guests get purchases delivered to their rooms.

Guests at value, moderates, and non-concierge deluxe resorts will have their purchases delivered to the gift shop.
It's still a great perk.
since when. i haved stayed at carribian and had purchased deliveried to the room before. did this change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom