Does it look and feel like a forest?

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
Just wondering- those of you who have seen the New Fantasyland: Does it look and feel like a forest? It seems there are wide open walkways and still lots of open concrete areas. Especially around the new castle walls. The addition looks nice, but what is it really like as you look around and walk around?

KLeigh

It doesn't look or feel much like a forest to me, personally. Don't get me wrong, the expansion is beautiful! There are a lot of trees and greenery around Belle's cottage, so maybe as they fill in it will look like a wooded area.

And yes, the walkways are nice and wide to accommodate all of the guests and strollers.

Bocabear

No such luck on the forest idea... It is nicely landscaped, but the highway-wide walkways will prevent it from ever feeling like a forest...It is pretty and the landscaping lovely... The 7 Dwarf's coaster creates an odd barrier that doesn't quite work...Possibly if the planted some very large trees here and there breaking up the boulevard sized walkways, it might start to feel more shady and foresty...

DManRightHere

I thought that idea was scrapped? Maybe I'm confusing harry potter. How can you expand fantasyland capacity by having a crowded forest?

Their is no pleasung you people! "Fantasylands too crowded, it needs to be bigger!", "new fantasyland has a higway through it. What were they thinking?". Lol!

New Fantasyland is nicely detailed, I didn't know it was supposed to be a forest though. If I remember correctly, they could add a nore forest feel between mermaid and circus.

EDIT: nope, I'm wrong, I guess the the be out guest area is more foresty, but it's over the forest on a bridge?

lazyboy97o

I thought that idea was scrapped? Maybe I'm confusing harry potter. How can you expand fantasyland capacity by having a crowded forest?

Their is no pleasung you people! "Fantasylands too crowded, it needs to be bigger!", "new fantasyland has a higway through it. What were they thinking?". Lol!

New Fantasyland is nicely detailed, I didn't know it was supposed to be a forest though. If I remember correctly, they could add a nore forest feel between mermaid and circus.
What idea was scrapped? The forest section was built.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Concrete wasteland with some nicely done structures and rockwork, You can get the same effect by standing on the ramp at MCO - minus the 5000 or so strollers.

Not for anything, it's brand new.
For perspective the HM looked like this when opened. I think you need let things grow in order to make a fair criticism.

WDW_May72-HauntedMansion.jpg

And now it's this
POTD-WDW-MK-HM.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not for anything, it's brand new.
For perspective the HM looked like this when opened. I think you need let things grow in order to make a fair criticism.

WDW_May72-HauntedMansion.jpg

And now it's this
POTD-WDW-MK-HM.jpg

I see grass not concrete there and the trees in planters will never provide any appreciable shade - So I stand by the concrete wasteland statement.

Bocabear

Actually the original idea behind the landscaping at the haunted mansion was a more polished french parterre garden...It is not necessarily immature landscape...it was planned to look stark... Later they changed their idea about the aesthetics and added the oak trees to the front lawn and additional plantings.... it was never intended to be sitting in a forested setting...So the comparison doesn't quite work...
But yes in time the trees in Fantasy Forest will grow...but I do not believe it will ever look like a forest....

Brian Swan

"Forest" is definately a stretch. The 7DMT "island" may take on a "foresty" look in 10 years or so (at least from the castle side), and maybe Belle's Cottage, buy the rest is best describe as cement canyon with shrubs and parking lot with circus (but there is a green line perimeter behind the circus)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom