Does Disney Apply Discounts on Already Booked Vacations?

Crazymikelee

If I book now for October and a special comes out during that time will I be able to ask Disney for the difference? For example free dining or the %20-%25 off room rates?

I am staying from October 6-14th so anything will help. I don't currently see any offers for this period of time. My group is also 7 adults and 1 child so it looks like its going to be expensive booking now.

DisneyJoe

Now, this won't work if YOUR room isn't part of a promo... but these days? Virtually ALL rooms get discounted.

It really depends on the travel dates, room type, and the occupancy level of the resort in question. We've had to move our clients to other resorts in order to get them a discount, or just leave them alone if they don't want to change resorts or dates. Some of my team have only been successful in getting a discount applied on 1/3 to 1/2 of their booked trips, some have had slightly better success. I don't think I would say that this is "virtually all".

Upvote 0

BigTxEars

We have never had issue doing it. Like posted above if nothing else book a new trip and cancel the old, but I bet you will not even have to do that.

Upvote 0

TaoBoxer

We always book ahead then call WDW once the discounts come out. Never had to rebook. As a matter of fact, I called about our trip in July & had the discount applied. No problem at all.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Yes but you have to call and tell them. I've booked before a room rate has come out and then called and it was applied to my reservation. I've made modifications to my reservation and it lowered the cost of my room and they told me and credited it towards my reservation. I don't know how the free dining works though

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

They will gladly try to apply it, which as PPs have said is essentially a rebook. So there needs to be availability under the promotion, you don't get any preferential treatment by already having the reservation. You call up, and if they have space, they will make the change. Usually comes down to where you are staying and what room type you had. Lately people who book POFQ are finding much smaller discounts, or none at all. You simply may need to be willing to change room type or resort when trying to apply a promo.

Upvote 0

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I concur with @TaoBoxer, we routinely make reservations and simply update them if a new discount is available but have nearly always gone through WDW Travel, sorry Kingdom Konsultants. This summer is the first we have had to change rooms or resorts due to limitations but ended up getting a club-level room at the Boardwalk for the same price as a standard BW view if it was discounted (no discounts on the water/BW views this year) as a result.

Upvote 0

71dsp

We always book ahead then call WDW once the discounts come out. Never had to rebook. As a matter of fact, I called about our trip in July & had the discount applied. No problem at all.

Same here. Last year, we didn't notice the discounts in time so they were gone by the time we called. We kept calling back, and we were eventually able to grab an available discount. This year, so far, none of the discounts apply to our arrival date. :(

Upvote 0

Greg Eng

Absolutely! However, you must call Disney to confirm the discount or special package offered. We had booked our Christmas vacation from December 22-29 back in January and I just called to get free quick service dining and pay the difference to upgrade to deluxe dining. I saved $489 per room on that trip. You've gotta keep an eye out for special deals!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom