Does anyone know what a WaWa is?

Alektronic

They have been clearing a lot of land nearby, and the sign says it going to be a WaWa and it will be joining Walgreens. Has anyone heard of a WaWa?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
WaWa is a really awesome convenience store chain from the PA/NJ/DE area. Many of them have gas stations with relatively cheap gas too. Same price cash or credit!

WaWa coffee= awesome
WaWa deli sandwiches= my fav!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
greatest store on earth.

Get my coffee there everyday.

I alternate DD and WaWa for coffee. WaWa is generally cheaper but more crowded. My only complaint about WaWa is that the two closest to me are the old style store with about 10 parking spots and very close quarters inside. I keep praying that they will both expand into the new store concept some day soon. I don't even care if they get gas stations!

Upvote 0

fractal

I alternate DD and WaWa for coffee. WaWa is generally cheaper but more crowded. My only complaint about WaWa is that the two closest to me are the old style store with about 10 parking spots and very close quarters inside. I keep praying that they will both expand into the new store concept some day soon. I don't even care if they get gas stations!

Yeah, mine is a new store. Easy to get in and get out.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Yeah, mine is a new store. Easy to get in and get out.

A lot of the ones here converted, were bulldozed to build new stores, or the stores moved elsewhere. Unfortunately the two stores most convenient to me are really landlocked so we continue to live in the 1980s. It's ok though as long as they continue serving me coffee, Sizzli's, and Shorti's. Gottahavawawa.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Love Wawa! They have the lowest gas prices in my area and it's awesome when they run the Hoagiefest promo during the summer. $3.99 Shorti sub? Yes please!

Upvote 0

vonpluto

Once upon a time on Main Street:

wawa.jpg

Upvote 0

Alektronic

Original Poster
WaWa is a really awesome convenience store chain from the PA/NJ/DE area. Many of them have gas stations with relatively cheap gas too. Same price cash or credit!

WaWa coffee= awesome
WaWa deli sandwiches= my fav!

I guess they are moving to Florida now, around the Disney area on International Drive.

Upvote 0

acishere

Don't tease me like that! If a WaWa opened up on Main St USA I would be doing cartwheels since it meant I could finally get a decent cup of coffee in WDW!

I wouldn't be able to get to any of the other parks at opening because I'd have to go to MK first for my morning hazelnut coffee before I went anywhere else. That's how much I love their coffee.

I grab a cup before I make my way to Metro Park for my train into NYC (there are no Wawas north of central Jersey) and I love how anyone familiar with Wawa looks at my cup of coffee, then looks at their DD coffee and they get this instant look of disappointment on their face.

Now if only they brought back the Kona coffee. I'm kind of sick of the Guatemalan brew.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I wouldn't be able to get to any of the other parks at opening because I'd have to go to MK first for my morning hazelnut coffee before I went anywhere else. That's how much I love their coffee.

I grab a cup before I make my way to Metro Park for my train into NYC (there are no Wawas north of central Jersey) and I love how anyone familiar with Wawa looks at my cup of coffee, then looks at their DD coffee and they get this instant look of disappointment on their face.

Now if only they brought back the Kona coffee. I'm kind of sick of the Guatemalan brew.

I would be the exact same way. I love their French Vanilla or any of the flavored latte stuff that comes out of the machine next to the coffee pots. DD coffee is good...WaWa is better....and QuickChek coffee is horrendous. :lol:

I thought it was a gas station. The kind with the convenience store attached to it.:veryconfu

Many WaWa's do have a gas station that is usually really big. The store part is way more than your usual gas station convenience store though. It's like a small grocery store and a fast-ish food restaurant all rolled into one.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

Since I relocated from south to north Jersey I am sad we have no WAWAs nearby. But good to see some expansion into a new area, I now have hope.

Although besides the ones with a gas station they are very similar to a Quick Check.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Wawa is expanding to Florida. I was told that by one of my professors who has a bunch of former students working for them now. Can someone tell me where exactly it's going??

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom