Do youever feel like your a Walking Disney Rep??

JML42691

Sometimes I do, but other than my family, most of the people that I talk to about Disney in person know almost an equal part about it, and it is just an exchange of tips for each other and help with each other's plans, more of an equal exchange than a one-way help "rep".

maleficent87

I'm laughing to myself about every post........I am the exact same way. People at work say they are going to WDW and immediately I am emailing the different sites to look at, this is always the first on the list. Ask what month they will be going & then I start planning their vacation for them. :lol: Every evening I look at this site & when I am done I tell my DH that I am such a Disney nerd & I need to get a life. But WDW is my addiction & I am not giving it up!

Grim Grinner

Not only will I gush on about my favorite Disney memories (as a result of explaining WHY I GO BACK EVERY YEAR...), but I will offer tips and suggestions.

Plus, I'll often make up scavenger lists for my fellow co-workers to help reveal just a little bit of the detail that make a Disney trip so much fun.

For example:
In MuppetVision 3D's waiting room, look at the ceiling for a net containing a bunch of orange and green chunks. What are those chunks? Why that's Jello in a net. Or more appropriately, it's A net fulla Jello... Get it? Annette Funicello! Some of the humor is so subtle, thousands will walk by and not even notice.

Lists like this showcase all the details, thought and passion given to most rides. The indicators of "rides past" are also fun, as are the Hidden Mickeys. Just pointing about a handful is usually enough to get the ball rolling.

I've been accused of saving at least one trip. That makes me smile.

:)

wdwmomof3

I hear ya! I am a Disney freak too. I would wear a name tag if I had one.:lol: My husband has had people from his office call me about Disney. I have one lady there hooked. She was talking to someone who came who worked for Disney and they were telling about the benefits and she passed on the information to me, like I could work there from the middle of Alabama. It's tempting though. :lol: She said that if they work, I believe, 7 days in a three month period, they get three free tickets. I'm still trying to figure out how I can do it. :lol: If I hear the word Disney, my ears are listening, and my brain starts to spark.

vwayfan123

sometimes kind of if disney world gets brought up, but thats only because im still techincally a cast member living even tho i live 1200 miles away ;-)

macsmom

I have to wear a name badge at work and I attached it to a WDW lanyard. And, on that lanyard I attached 2 Mickey Mouse pins. People look and make comments and then we get talking about WDW and well.....you know the rest! I have a mom and a couple of kids down there now who I am waiting to come back so I can hear all about their trip and then there is the mom & dad who are taking their kids in August. I gave them tips galore a couple of weeks ago so that they can scope out the websites and figure out where to stay, etc. It's a shame we can't do a franchise and put up booths somewhere so we can give our advice! I have so much fun.

danna

Ena 52299

This discussion had me laughing so hard because we are all on here because of our love and addiction to Disney!! I think Disney should start a program and when so many people go that you refer... FREE TRIP! :sohappy:
Yes... like most on here, the second I hear someone say "I'm going to Disney, can you help" WATCH OUT! :p Yes... I too, am "The Disney Girl" at work and I should just get it over with already and set out brochures and hand out free vacation planning videos at my desk, while wearing my mouse ears. "I'm sorry... the Dr. can't see you today, but I'd be happy to assist you in planning a Disney vacation today". :ROFLOL:

disneytopdog

Ditto here....At work I get emails from coworkers that I dont even know. They all start out "So and So told me that I should email you about info on going to WDW"

drp4video

My secretary just went this past May and took her husband, son, daughter in law and 5 year old grandson. I think we went to lunch every day for a few weeks before her trip so I could try and share everything I Know..tips and explanations with maps etc....lol I wanted to go as a guide, but I have a rule that the two of us can't be off in the same week.

And two years ago, I met my mom in Orlando to take her to disney. She lives in Arizona, and at the time was 73. She loved that I didn't need a map and knew my way around and knew all the little secrets and tips to make the trip run smooth. The best part though, was when we went to her sisters (age 80) for dinner one night, and she told her sister all about my disney expertise. But mom told her that the best thing was, that I know where all the bathrooms are!

thevader1376

Some one mentioned earlier about when anyone mentions that they're going to Disney it's an automatic 2-3 hour conversation... that is sooooooo me! I can think of several people who I work with who had never been and decided to go after made hard sell.

I'm always discussing with people my "principles" for enjoying Disney... such fun!!

MinnieLee

All the time!!! I work for an administrator in a large high school and I have staff coming in all the time asking questions about dining, what not to miss, where to stay, transportation, etc. One teacher did not know what pin trading was and now she is addicted. I was in Hilton Head in April having dinner and my niece called to say they were at MK and where was the best place to see Spectro Magic and stand for Wishes. I don't mind - I love being asked!:sohappy:

I can't help by :ROFLOL:while reading this thread. I am in HR and most of the time people come to me to complain or with an issue, never anything positive....except when they are planning a trip to Disney.:D It's hilarious as I have mountains of information that I give to them to assist in their planning. They want to talk about every little detail before they go. I LOVE IT! I keep telling myself that if I had to do it all over again, I would have tried to get a job at Disney 30 years ago.....now I guess I have to wait until I retire, move to Florida and then try. :D Hey, I dream big..........

ldsprincess

omg! i do the same thing! i might as well be a vacation planner! i get sooo excited whehn ever i find out someone i know is going. i just want to draw them out maps and explain all the highpoints and where to go and how to do things easiest. haha. i'm just sooo happy for people when they're going, especially if it's there first time!

imamouse

In addition to helping friends and family understand and plan their trips, when I am at WDW, I constantly offer to take pictures of couples, families, etc with their cameras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom