Do you need reservations in a disney resort?

DisneyMemories

Do to a matter beyond my control, were unsure of when this summer were going to make it down to disney. Were hoping end of june,early july but not were not sure. Can a guest show up at for example pop century and pay for a few nights or do you need advanced reservations? When l get there i'm going to beg and plead for a room near the resort buses because i'll have elderly traveling with us. Thank God they have elevators in the resorts. Thanks to all for your help on this thread.

wannabeBelle

I have sent your thread onto Pam of Kingdom Konsultants as she would know the answer to his one certainly better than me!!! I would say once your plans become finalized ( even the night before) give a call to Disney and find out what resorts are available in your price range. This will save you any disappointment if your first choice is booked or if there arent any hotel rooms on property available!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

MinnieSummer

I've called Disney many times on a Saturday morning for a room Saturday night. Most of the time I get it, if I'm willing to be flexible about the hotel. I've tried over holiday weekends though and unless I'm willing to pay the big bucks for a suite, nothing is available.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Most of the Value and some of the moderates are already sold out for that time frame. I would strongly suggest booking a room only at one of the resorts and putting the 1 nights deposit down. You have until 5 days prior to check in to cancel and get a full refund. If you need help, please contact me.

Pam 1-866-566-7858

Upvote 0

ImagineAtl23

Ummm........

I strongly do not recomend it, i recomend that you call ahead, i have just showed up before and gotten a room but my room was like a mile away from the lobby. I would call 1st.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

If at all possible, especially considering you're talking about the summer season, I would reccommend calling ahead of time.

But, if you're the adventurous type, you can always leave it to chance and see what's available.

I have personally just walked in to the Poly after the Magic Kingdom closed for the night and gotten a GREAT room at an incredible price. ( far better deal than I would have gotten had I reserved it in advance.) However, and I emphasize the point, I GOT LUCKY. Just another of my Magic Memories.

But at that time of year, even other resorts in the Orlando area are likely to be rather full.

Good luck to you, and enjoy !!

Upvote 0

swincha

i would always call first. once dh and i were going into a city without a reservation. we never got an open room. drove all night and slept in the park in the am. i never go anywhere without a room ahead of time. this was years ago in our college days.

Upvote 0

Debbie

DisneyMemories said:
Do to a matter beyond my control, were unsure of when this summer were going to make it down to disney. Were hoping end of june,early july but not were not sure. Can a guest show up at for example pop century and pay for a few nights or do you need advanced reservations? When l get there i'm going to beg and plead for a room near the resort buses because i'll have elderly traveling with us. Thank God they have elevators in the resorts. Thanks to all for your help on this thread.

If your trip comes down to the wire, and you decide to leave at the last minute; you can also stop by the Walt Disney World Welcome Center in Ocala, Florida and they will find you a room. The cast members there have been there for years and they are very helpful. You can also purchase your tickets there, which is nice since the atmosphere is more laid back, and you don't feel as rushed as you would at your resort. The restrooms are also very clean.
This is the only way for years that we would go. Used to be this Center could give you a walk-in rate, and I really got some great deals. Only one time could we not stay on property and that was during the 25th Anniversary and for that we got the Hotel Royal Plaza for $89.00 per nite. I also got the Contemporary for $129.00 and Polynesian for $139.00 per nite. Too bad they have discontinued the offerings of walk-in rates; now it is just rack rates.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I just thought of this------
My first option would be to call Pam and at least see availability based on the resorts you are willing to consider. If you still can't commit until the last day, at least you have an idea of what you can expect. Frankly, after contacting Pam, and if you should find all of the resorts are full; I'd think twice about going that particular week since the parks may be mobbed. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
Thank You To All for your help on this,there's a legal matter that I hoped would have been settled by now,but now it kinda looks like it's going to drag into the summer putting what plans I had somewhat on a bit of a delay. That's why it is hard to make any reservations on when to stay because of not knowing when i'll be there. Sadly i'm one who is not able to make it down to disney very often and hate to miss out on a another year without visiting disney. Soon as I find out more i'll give you a call pam and again thanks to all for your help.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Why are you not able to finalise your travelling plans ? Surely you have a rough idea of when you'll be able to get there ?
I wouldn't travel that distance without a reservation at the other end

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom