Do you miss the smell of WDW?

bjlc57

Original Poster
I have to tell you that at this time of year , having wintered in Wisconsin and being shut in for months , I miss the smell of Disney World. There is a salt smell, and then at times you smell wild onions. I have to tell you that in the middle of January , I dig out my Disney Shampoo .. just to get a taste of being on base.Smell can really trigger memories.. it does for me all the time..

rob0519

I do miss some of the aromas from WDW, so I too break out the H2O shampoo. It actually smells much better at home because there is none of that go awful sulfur smell in our water, unlike the water at WDW. One would think for 350-500 a night at a Deluxe resort they could filter that out.

Yert3

An underrated smell is in the Haunted Mansion. I'm from Connecticut and have been in some 300+ year old houses and HM has that "old house" smell that is really authentic. A very small yet genius thing about the Haunted Mansion that I doubt many people think about.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have to tell you that in the middle of January , I dig out my Disney Shampoo .. just to get a taste of being on base.Smell can really trigger memories.. it does for me all the time..
I hope you're not tasting your Disney shampoo... ;)

I've done the shampoo trick, but most of the time, if I want to experience the dank, chlorine-laden water smell of the boat rides, I just pour a teaspoon of bleach into a bucket of water, shut off the lights, and wait a few minutes as the smell wafts into the room...

Optional -- if you want to re-live Pirates of the Caribbean, play the soundtrack on your MP3 player and then dump the bucket onto your pants and shoes.

DisneyPrincess5

Yes, ugh, I miss the smell frequently. There are times when just going about my everyday life, I randomly get whiffs of random Disney smells. Whether it's food, or my face wash that smells like Disney water rides water, or some sort of smell like a hotel rug, I get the Disney chills!

disneygeek90

That Dinosaur smell right after the pre-show. It's like the perfect combination of a little musty, a little rubbery, and I don't even know what else. But it's the best.

Since1976

For me, the "smell of Disney World" is most closely related to whichever deodorant or sunscreen I wore on my last trip. Roll or rub some on and I am instantly transported!

JIMINYCR

The snow has finally melted here in Maine and this week I got the first welcomed smell of the fresh Spring dirt.
Theres nothing like walking under the train station, stepping into MK and getting the first whiff of popcorn, then strolling up Main Street into the Disney candy shop and the bakery.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ah yes there's nothing better than getting into a very lengthy queue with no air circulation...Brings a Tear to my eye...
belle1.jpg

wendysue

I hope you're not tasting your Disney shampoo... ;)

I've done the shampoo trick, but most of the time, if I want to experience the dank, chlorine-laden water smell of the boat rides, I just pour a teaspoon of bleach into a bucket of water, shut off the lights, and wait a few minutes as the smell wafts into the room...

Optional -- if you want to re-live Pirates of the Caribbean, play the soundtrack on your MP3 player and then dump the bucket onto your pants and shoes.

HAHAHA :D

Dizmunk

We just drove home from Disney last night. Our 6 year old neighbor hugged my teenage daughter after she got out of the car and said "I like the way you smell!"-We figured that he must have smelled the Magic Kingdom on her!

Otterhead

The fragrance company Xyrena has a scent called Dark Ride that does a pretty good job of replicating the dank chlorine/water/mold smell of PotC. It used to come as an inexpensive room spray, but now I guess you can only get it as cologne.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom