Do You Know A Disney Jerk

wogwog

Ah so you haven't had any interaction with Iger personally. This was just a general accusation.
Actually I have been in meetings with him and others twice in a business situation in California. I happen to do some consulting to large corporations and government agencies. He does a fine job at what he feels is in the best interest of stock holders. I have a modest amount of Disney stock doing very well. He is still a jerk for letting WDW deteriorate. I care more for guest enjoyment more than Wall Street. That is why I cruise DCL and visit the other parks over WDW. That simple.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
There's a guy who lives a few blocks from me, Horatio Disney. He gives everyone wedgies, dumps all your Trapper Keeper papers into puddles and steps on them, and makes all kind of terrible "yo momma" jokes. What a jerk!

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually I have been in meetings with him and others twice in a business situation in California. I happen to do some consulting to large corporations and government agencies. He does a fine job at what he feels is in the best interest of stock holders. I have a modest amount of Disney stock doing very well. He is still a jerk for letting WDW deteriorate. I care more for guest enjoyment more than Wall Street. That is why I cruise DCL and visit the other parks over WDW. That simple.
That's nice.

So in the context of the question put forth by the orriginal post, Bob Iger has not belittled your excitement. I understand the theory that in the context of operating a business his evilness knows no boundary. I was just trying to understand how you were tying the two totally separate issues together outside of continuing to drive the current trending band wagon that is Iger hate.

JIMINYCR

Ohhhh yes, they're allll over the place. They'll never get the Disney magic like we do no matter what or how you try to guide them. They are negative about every aspect about your Disney trip and nothing you can do will ever convince them otherwise. So I listen politely to their blather for about 2 seconds, slowly turn around and walk away, happy that I'll never be competing with them for an ADR or spot in line.

FettFan

I'm the OTHER type of Disney Jerk....the Disney Jerk that has to restrain himself whenever someone says or does something stupid at WDW.

Example: "Harry Potter Land is right behind Cinderella Castle." = Me wanting to rip my own arm off and beat them to death with it.

Nick Wilde

That's nice.

So in the context of the question put forth by the orriginal post, Bob Iger has not belittled your excitement. I understand the theory that in the context of operating a business his evilness knows no boundary. I was just trying to understand how you were tying the two totally separate issues together outside of continuing to drive the current trending band wagon that is Iger hate.
It was a joke.

jloucks

Well, dressing up like anything special as an adult is going to be viewed by some as weird. Take this adult male dressed like a my little pony horse.

bronycon-2012-e1341254960207.jpeg

Weird? normal? Any more weird than dressing up like a character and walking around WDW on halloween? My point is, it is 'weird' in that it is not the norm. Who cares tho really.

Going to WDW alone as an adult is a not the norm. Understand that some people won't get it and that is unfortunately the norm. They might even be jerks about it. Who cares. Life is short.

We had a adult (crazy?) lady on the bus last trip singing Let it Go at the top of her lungs. She had a wonderful voice so we all just rolled with it. ...keeping half an eye on her the whole time. =P. Nobody was a jerk.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, dressing up like anything special as an adult is going to be viewed by some as weird. Take this adult male dressed like a my little pony horse.

bronycon-2012-e1341254960207.jpeg

Weird? normal? Any more weird than dressing up like a character and walking around WDW on halloween? My point is, it is 'weird' in that it is not the norm. Who cares tho really.

Going to WDW alone as an adult is a not the norm. Understand that some people won't get it and that is unfortunately the norm. They might even be jerks about it. Who cares. Life is short.

We had a adult (crazy?) lady on the bus last trip singing Let it Go at the top of her lungs. She had a wonderful voice so we all just rolled with it. ...keeping half an eye on her the whole time. =P. Nobody was a jerk.
Why are we now talking about weird instead of jerkyness?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When it comes to a vacation destination, why do some people want to question, (or worse, critique), your selection? More to the point: why do they even care about where you want to go to unwind, and have fun? I'll never understand their narrow mindset. Different strokes for different folks, and whatever makes you happy is all that matters, whether it's WDW, a trip to Europe, or a relaxing tropical island.

I flat out refuse to "validate" my decision to anyone who challenges me on why I, as an adult, would enjoy spending a few days at an "amusement park" (yes, I've had that comment from a few of the more uninformed ones . . .). I just tell those people that they will have to go and experience WDW for themselves to find out. They never know how to respond to that. Discussion usually stops there. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom