Do you have a specific order on which parks you visit???

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
Originally, in the 80s and early 90s, before we stayed on property, it was always MK first, EPCOT second, Studios 3rd (by the time AK opened we were staying on property). It was just a ritual that we had. I remember back in '91 or '92 when my DH wanted to switch up and go to the Studios before EPCOT, it turned out to be a great idea because it was the day Donald O'Connor was there doing the handprint/footprint thing, so that was really cool. Now that we stay on property (since '97) we always see what park as EMH and go there, and if it's too crowded after away we hop over to another park.

DisneyJunkie

Not necessarily. We ALWAYS start with Magic Kingdom, because we ALWAYS stay in that area and we visit it the most. The other parks are just a play-it-by-ear thing.

JasonDeyoung

I will usually start with the MK, but I always go by EMH as well. 99% of the time regardless I start with MK right when I get there and go from there. Don't really have a routine I'm more of a wing it person lol :)

Weather_Lady

We usually do MK, HS, AK, Epcot, MK, MK. Book-ending the trip with my family's favorite park makes sense in that we can start and finish strong, and the rest of the parks are arranged so that we're winding down to a partial day at our least favorite park, AK (and a relaxing evening by the pool or at a resort restaurant), and then ramping up the pace and excitement again as we head toward our final day. If we ever finished MK completely and then spent the rest of the trip on other parks, it would feel pretty anticlimactic.

BJones82

We never start on a certain one, we always do AK on Saturdays for us it just seems more relaxing and it's nice to relax on Saturdays. We also always end at MK and love it :)

Edit:

An important thing to note is we never end on a Saturday either because that would be crazy sense it is the weekend lol :p

Last edited:

ExtinctJenn

Our ritual is very similar to what you described @Disnee4Me! We tend to hit MK first then Epcot, then we spend a 1/2 day at DHS and a 1/2 day at AK. Usually the 1/2 and 1/2 day is AK first though as the Safari is best in the mornings.

There have been occasional strays from that when say we could only get an ADR on a certain day at a restaurant inside a park etc. but we've fairly consistently stuck with it. I know based on where I got our ADRs this time around we're looking at a similar plan! LOL!

DVCPluto

Depends where we stay... Too easy to walk to EP when we stayed at BWV. Next trip we're staying at AKL so we're starting in AK. BLT - MK.

Makes staying on prop even more fun!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
For when I'm there 2 1/2 - 3 days: Epcot 1st, MK and/or DHS 2nd, AK 3rd (if at all!). For longer times: Epcot 1st, DHS and MK 2nd, AK in less than an hour and then anything on the 3rd. For the days afterward anything goes.

Scooter

1st day: Epcot PM
2nd day: Magic Kingdom rope drop
3rd day: Hollywood Studios OR Animal Kingdom
4th day: Epcot rope drop
5th day: Animal Kingdom OR Hollywood studios
6th day: Downtown Disney AM, Magic Kingdom PM
7th day: Epcot
This is our approximate schedule and of course it's subject to change depending on weather and ADR's (advanced dining reservations)

disney4life2008

Magic Kingdom is first day or night every trip. The rest of the days depends on park hours but usually i end up at ak second day, hs that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom