Do you have a favorite area?

PartOfYourWorld

My favorite place in all of the world, is standing at the beginning of Sunset Blvd at the first spot where you see the Tower of Terror looming in the background. I could seriously sit at a bench there or stand there all day and people watch as the Citizens of Hollywood roll on by and stare at my beautiful Tower.

Kitchandro

Magic Kingdom - The Entrance bit before you get onto Main Street proper. That's when the place just hits you.

Hollywood Studios - The bit where the Dinosaur is on the lake near the Indiana Jones show. We'd always head that way first thing and HS was usually the first park we went to. it just seemed so peaceful and perfect. I love the music.

Animal Kingdom - There's a couple of spots where you can see Everest in the background which I love. One is a bridge and another is just outside Asia think when you're alking towards it.

EPCOT - Again either the entrance as you walk towards Spaceship Earth or there's a quiet bit with benches next to a fountain I think.

luv

Yup.

As you leave Asia for Dinoland, just before the bridge, on the right, there are a few feet where you can just stand and look at the trees and water. I like to stand there. Always a smidge peeved when someone else has decided that they can stand in what is MY spot. ;)

One time, I saw a croc head!! I don't know if he belonged in there or not, but he was my virgin croc-in-the-wild sighting. :)

WDW 3

Yes. AK by Flame Tree down by the water looking at EE.
HS we like to stop for popcorn and a soft drink right in the middle (yes the big hats there) to sit and people watch.
MK our quiet spot is by the Golden Oak Outpost (except for a million creepy White Ibis).

jrogue

150733_714553088192_344756756_n.jpg
I took this picture during my last visit. There's a bench in front of me that got cut out of the picture .. but it's my favorite spot in all of WDW. You can even see the castle further in the background :)

StarWarsGirl

The walkway between BLT and Contemporary up top where you can look out and see the park on one side of you and the lake on the other side. It's quite peaceful and I will spend time up there just taking it in and thinking about life in general.

I can't go in the shop at Italy, so while I wait for my group, I usually go sit on one of the benches near the water and soak it up. This is especially true in the winter when it's cold back home but warm there and I just want to soak up every bit of that Florida sun.

There's this one rock in the Dino Dig Site at AK where I park myself while my brother plays. Usually I'm found there checking wait times on my iPod Touch.

Also, we like to eat lunch down by the water at AK (Flame Tree seating) and watch Everest while looking for turtles.

I don't sit around for too long though. I take a while to get going in the morning, but once I do, it's go go go.

PeoplemoverTTA

The rocking chairs in Liberty Square are one of my favorites (thankfully, they haven't disappeared like the ones by Exposition Hall, or whatever it's called now). Grab a chocolate chip cookie at Sleepy Hollow, a rocking chair and people watch. *sigh* That's the life.

On TTA, of course, gets my vote as well. Unless it's a crazy time where the queue extends way past the escalators (which has happened to me a handful of times in the past year or two), I'll just hold up my hand at unload and the CMs just nod and close the door. Lol, I've ridden 4 times in a row - so relaxing :)

In EPCOT, I like sitting in front of the American Adventure at night. Pretty much anywhere in WS, really. But it has to be in the evening. I got into this habit a few years ago, but I rarely, if ever, go into WS during the day anymore. Typically we hit Future World first thing in the morning, then park hop or go to DTD, take a nap/swim, and head back to WS around dinner time. I think it's because the sun is so harsh in WS during the day - it's much easier this way!

StarWarsGirl

Why can you not go into this particular shop? Let me guess is it the overwhelming smell of perfume, and it gives you a really bad headache? I feel ya! :eek:
Actually, I'm a severe asthmatic and the perfumes will set me off and at the very least, cause me to leave the park to go back to my room but could mean a potential ER visit. I know they aren't good for migraine sufferers too; I'll get a headache at the same time as my asthma is flaring if I sit next to someone wearing too much perfume!

CP_alum08

Original Poster
In EPCOT, I like sitting in front of the American Adventure at night. Pretty much anywhere in WS, really. But it has to be in the evening. I got into this habit a few years ago, but I rarely, if ever, go into WS during the day anymore. Typically we hit Future World first thing in the morning, then park hop or go to DTD, take a nap/swim, and head back to WS around dinner time. I think it's because the sun is so harsh in WS during the day - it's much easier this way!
We do the same thing, for whatever reason we enjoy FW better in the morning and WS better in the evening.

fillerup

We like to get a cup of coffee right before Illuminations and then retire to the UK gardens. All the other guests are watching the show so we pretty much have the place to ourselves.

Just looking around, enjoying the evening and saying goodnight to the CMs on their way home.

Mrsdonaldduck

The lobby of the Grand Florian in the early morning while waiting for my family, with my USA Today and a cup of coffee. The same with the Grand Canyon Concourse of the Contemporary. I used to love the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge best of all. Unfortunately however, my family does want to stay there anymore…sigh.
This is the best!!!

Adam5897

I love to just sit in the shaded tables under the tent in storybook circus which house the fastpass machines for dumbo and the barnstormer. Its fun to go to big top souvenirs, get a treat and just walk out to the tent and sit under the shade while watching dumbo fly and hearing the sound of the train! :)

PeoplemoverTTA

I love to just sit in the shaded tables under the tent in storybook circus which house the fastpass machines for dumbo and the barnstormer. Its fun to go to big top souvenirs, get a treat and just walk out to the tent and sit under the shade while watching dumbo fly and hearing the sound of the train! :)

I was really surprised how much I liked this area when I first really explored it back in January. When Storybook Circus first opened I was unimpressed, but after spending quite awhile in big top souvenirs, going through meet and greets with no lines (and no kids - go ahead and judge ;), and relaxing with a snack, I really found the area to be well done. A really nice little spot, especially compared the craziness over by Gaston's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom