Do we have a plan YET?! May 2013 Pre-Trip Report

Hey, my lovelies!

As Rafiki said – “It is time”.

For what? For another fam-jam trip to the World, of course!

For those of you who don’t remember (or didn’t know in the first place), I’m Kenzie. I’ve done several trip reports on WDWM. My most recent report was my Mexican Riviera cruise on the Disney Wonder last February, wherein I had the worst flu but the best friends, and a sparkle dress. Sound familiar?

We had an excellent time on the Wonder, but it’s time to go back my original Disney “roots” – in more than one sense. This trip, we’ll be spending the bulk of our time at Disney – finally! It’s my first trip since 2009 that I haven’t cruised for a portion. While I love to cruise, it’s time to do the flat-out, feet-hurt, get-the-same-pictures-as-last-time trips.

DSC01806 by kz208
HEY FAM!

We’re also back to the “original” cast – meaning we’re doing a family-only escape to the World! We’ve been going since I was six and my sister, Carly, was two.

IMG_5933 by kz208
ROCKIN THE CASTLE CAKE

How cute were we though, really?

We’ve done many, many trips since then. We went we grandparents, Mom and Dad go alone, I go with my friends, Carly goes with Mom and Dad and our family friends..

With Momma:

IMG_5934 by kz208

Hangin’ with Dadder:

IMG_5937 by kz208

IMG_5940 by kz208, on Flickr

We’re the crazy Disney family, but as I told the cashier that commented on my “Disney purse.. and wallet.. and keychain..” at the grocery store the other day – it’s a lifestyle!

In case you feel that you need a little one-on-one time with the fam before you commit..

IMG_5941 by kz208

DSC00646 by kz208

Kenzie: That’s me! I’m 23, and currently working through my Bachelor of Education degree in New Brunswick, Cananananada. I graduated last year with a BA in Psychology – *hairflip* so educated. I’m all about working with kids, and I work at My Gym, a children’s fitness centre (despite being the most accident prone person in the world). My Twitter description sums me up pretty well: “Golf, BEd, naps, shoes, Cape Breton, and Disney”.

IMG_5943 by kz208

386837_10150443407060320_301379619_n by kz208

Carly: Little sis, 18, high school graduate, and full-time Disney lover.

IMG_5148 by kz208

Mom and Dad: Married 30 years, travel companions, and all-around great people. Do they drive me crazy sometimes? Yes. Do we love them anyway? Absolutely. Dad’s all about the big rides, and Mom’s right on board – though she’d be equally happy sitting with a coffee and people-watching.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
In for the PTR. Ordinarily, I would be at WDW the same week celebrating our wedding anniversary, but we went early this year because of the hubs' work schedule. It's a great week to be there, weather's usually perfect!

How does your family stand being so damn good-looking? o_O

I love your choice of photo to reproduce!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Eeek!!! Your soo close!! Love the PTR and your family is amazing.....looking forward to a full report when you get back.
So close but so far! Lots of work to get finished up before we head out - last week of school crazies and job wise!

And life decisions.

Get me to DIsney!

Yay,

This should be a good TR

I hope so! :) Thanks for reading along!

In for the PTR. Ordinarily, I would be at WDW the same week celebrating our wedding anniversary, but we went early this year because of the hubs' work schedule. It's a great week to be there, weather's usually perfect!

How does your family stand being so damn good-looking? o_O

I love your choice of photo to reproduce!

Too bad we won't run into each other! How was your *early* trip down? I went at this time in 2010 with the girls, and we had unreal weather - hot and beautiful! I'll take that again, gladly.

We do our best to be cute.. but you only see the best pictures. And right now I"m wearing massive sweats, unshowered, and a My Gym t-shirt. Oh, the wonders of the internet ;)

WDW_Princess24

Kenz!! SO glad you are going to be doing another trip report, I love yours!
I've been so MIA i have 2 trip reports from November and February to do. You check in to Pop the day I leave...booo! I will be there from the 26-30th. Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

enchanted_belle

soooo..... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU.

You really should have told everyone the truth behind this trip, and that's that you're coming to visit meeeeeee. =)

fractal

Love the "early days" pics. Your family sounds like a blast to be around. So cool that u play golf with your Dad!

I hope the passport come in soon!

HouCuseChickie

Yay!!!! Cannot wait to read your TR when you guys get back! I know it feels like it's still a ways off, but it's right around the corner :) And awesome early WDW fam pics!!! Good luck on everything with the passport...if time is winding down, you may be able to pay for a rush on it...at least, you can do that in the US. Not the most reasonable solution, but may speed things up if it's an option.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Cool pictures!:cool:

Thanks, we're pretty fly! ;)

Kenz!! SO glad you are going to be doing another trip report, I love yours!
I've been so MIA i have 2 trip reports from November and February to do. You check in to Pop the day I leave...booo! I will be there from the 26-30th. Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

Yay, that's so good to hear! I love writing them and reading everyone else's - so much Disney love.

Wah - we are just missing each other! That's unfortunate.. hopefully we BOTH have good weather and good crowds! Get on your TR writing!

soooo..... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU.

You really should have told everyone the truth behind this trip, and that's that you're coming to visit meeeeeee. =)

I didn't want them to get jealous.. it's mean to give away all our secrets! We'll have to get in touch about when you're working while I'm there!

Love the "early days" pics. Your family sounds like a blast to be around. So cool that u play golf with your Dad!

I hope the passport come in soon!

So much going on in the early days of Disney for us. I spared you the matching outfits pictures. Thanks, Mom..

We have a good time, and I love golfing! We're just trying to figure out what course we're going to play. It'll be ugly since it will be the first round of the year, but that's okay! Maybe the Disney magic will make it alright.. A girl can dream.

Yay!!!! Cannot wait to read your TR when you guys get back! I know it feels like it's still a ways off, but it's right around the corner :) And awesome early WDW fam pics!!! Good luck on everything with the passport...if time is winding down, you may be able to pay for a rush on it...at least, you can do that in the US. Not the most reasonable solution, but may speed things up if it's an option.

It's crazy how close it is - the countdown has been going since 148 days, so 16 seems pretty awesome! I just looked at it on a calendar today and I was like.. oh dear, I have so much to do before then!

Passport should be in around the 22. They got that all under control - thankfully!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
News:

Our agenda has been more or less finalized for the trip - FINALLY!
Voici les nouvelles:

April 30, Tuesday: Travel day and Magic Kingdom (9PM) with an ADR at Be Our Guest (830PM)
May 1, Wednesday: Animal Kingdom (EMH 8AM-9AM) with outlet shopping at the "close" outlets in the evening
May 2, Thursday: Shopping day ("far" outlets and Florida Mall) and Magic Kingdom (until 11PM)
May 3, Friday: Golf with Dadder, meet the girls at EPCOT (EMH until 11PM)
May 4, Saturday: Hollywood Studios (EMH 8AM)
May 5, Sunday: Golf with Dadder, meet the girls at Magic Kingdom (EMH until 1AM)
May 6, Monday: Hollywood Studios (9AM-12AM) - Tower at 12AM!

The only thing left to grab are tee times - Dad's on that now. I'm hoping Magnolia and Osprey Ridge!

angieandtrevor

News:

Our agenda has been more or less finalized for the trip - FINALLY!
Voici les nouvelles:

April 30, Tuesday: Travel day and Magic Kingdom (9PM) with an ADR at Be Our Guest (830PM)
May 1, Wednesday: Animal Kingdom (EMH 8AM-9AM) with outlet shopping at the "close" outlets in the evening
May 2, Thursday: Shopping day ("far" outlets and Florida Mall) and Magic Kingdom (until 11PM)
May 3, Friday: Golf with Dadder, meet the girls at EPCOT (EMH until 11PM)
May 4, Saturday: Hollywood Studios (EMH 8AM)
May 5, Sunday: Golf with Dadder, meet the girls at Magic Kingdom (EMH until 1AM)
May 6, Monday: Hollywood Studios (9AM-12AM) - Tower at 12AM!

The only thing left to grab are tee times - Dad's on that now. I'm hoping Magnolia and Osprey Ridge!
Any chance you have an Instagram account that you would want to share with us so we can all live vicariously through your trip :)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I just would like to say I approve of all the outlet shopping. Looking forward to reading your report! Hope you have an awesome trip! :D

Thanks! We love the outlets, you don't get much of that here at all! Hopefully there are some good deals found, especially since it's at th ebeginning of vaca! Trying to save but it's hard.

Any chance you have an Instagram account that you would want to share with us so we can all live vicariously through your trip :)

Unfortunately, I'm a Blackberry girl - so no Instragram. However, I'm an avid Tweeter (@kbmacdowell) so you can keep up there!

diddy_mouse

Wow this trip will be here before you know it! Hooray for getting your tee times :) Disney mornings are the best and I'm sure they're even better if you're a golfer.

So exciting!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Wow this trip will be here before you know it! Hooray for getting your tee times :) Disney mornings are the best and I'm sure they're even better if you're a golfer.

So exciting!

Yes, so hard to believe it's almost here!

Golf at Disney is always fun - they have some beautiful courses.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Here we are, 10 days out! Hard to believe when the countdown has been on since something like 158 days!

I took a little sneaky tip from Jess (@plaz10) and made a SURPRISE ADR at Mama Melrose's for our last day of the trip. Carly and I are going to treat Mom and Dad as a thank you for the trip and an early Momma's day meal. I'll be back in Moncton for real mother's day, so it seemed appropriate.

I'm feeling very sneaky and satisfied.

ADRMamma by kz208, on Flickr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom