Do We Depend On Disney Too Much ?

Mr Wizard

Original Poster
I was thinking about our upcoming trip to the World in December. I'm still on the fence on if we are going to go or not because of money ( or more accurately, partial lack of it ). So I started to rationalise why we should go, I mean we don't do out to dinner every week like our friends ( we don't go out to dinner ever ) or go to movies. Then it kinda hit me, no dinner or movies, we don't rent movies, don't have cable TV, we don't go to bars or nightclubs, no ballgames, no concerts, no gambling, no video games, no weekend trips. . . . . . . . . . . .
And after that I went down to the basement to start getting some extra Christmas lights together to take with us to decorate our campsite at Fort Wilderness. I think the chances of us going just got a little better.

SMS55

It all depends what you like. You don't do those things you mentioned because Disney is what you prefer to do. I am the same way. We don't go out much. We don't dine out much. If we do it's fast food or maybe some sports bar. I save my money for fishing and Disney. It's what I like to do.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would think that if you went to the basement to get Christmas lights to decorate your campsite at Ft Wilderness your decision was already made?.:shrug:

Crockett

Banned
We're sorta the same way. When we do eat out, it's usually bi-weekly...if even that. We don't spend a lot of $$$ on "new toys" like our friends/neighbors do. But that's fine for them.
Our money is well saved, and well spent at Disney. It's just what we enjoy doing. Sometimes co-workers kid (mildly poke-fun) about feeding so much $$$ to the Mouse. But it's our $$$ to spend, and we enjoy our fond memories at WDW.

So yeah, money well spent, but money spent on magic! :)

pixiesteno

Enjoy your trip! I think we all have a tendency to spend our money on things we enjoy. Not everyone who goes out to bars, dinners, ball games and such are all that into WDW. It's really to each his own. Oh how I wish we were picking out lights for the RV at FW. Our RV has been winterized and bathed covered and tucked in for the winter:(:( Maybe next year we will plan a trip that is in the Christmas timeframe for FW

SyracuseOrange

I was thinking about our upcoming trip to the World in December. I'm still on the fence on if we are going to go or not because of money ( or more accurately, partial lack of it ). So I started to rationalise why we should go, I mean we don't do out to dinner every week like our friends ( we don't go out to dinner ever ) or go to movies. Then it kinda hit me, no dinner or movies, we don't rent movies, don't have cable TV, we don't go to bars or nightclubs, no ballgames, no concerts, no gambling, no video games, no weekend trips. . . . . . . . . . . .
And after that I went down to the basement to start getting some extra Christmas lights together to take with us to decorate our campsite at Fort Wilderness. I think the chances of us going just got a little better.

....so...what DO you do?

The Empress Lilly

I've got to work for my money too, and only get to spend it once. So, yeah, this means that if I go to Disney there are other things I can not do.

For instance, it dawned on me this spring that I rather eat out in Dinsey than locally. So I didn't eat out for a while, saved the money to eat well in Disney without guilt. I love to nibble my way around the parks, which gets expensive.

71dsp

Long story short, I never went on vacations as a child. My wife did, but not very often. So we want to do this for our kiddo so he has fond memories of family time together. WDW really is such a magical place, and we want the WDW trip to be our annual family tradition, as we all enjoy our time there so much.

Ideally we want to do WDW once a year in the off season then a cheaper trip like seeing Mt Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Washington Memorials, etc. during the summer/fall. That depends on funds, of course, but we're more than happy to cut some things out of our "usual" life in order to go to WDW each year.

Mr Wizard

Original Poster
OK, so far I've amassed a large basket of lights, I just picked up the new front brake rotors for the RV and will install them this weekend and even the Ouija Board is saying yes so I'm pretty sure we are a go ! I just keep coming back to the money thing because when you are a self employed electrician things can change in a heart beat. When a job cancells and then one guy doesn't pay you and the last guy who did pay you, his check bounces, your plans change real quick. But I'm thinking good thoughts and keping my fingers crossed that nothing major is going to blow up before then and mabye even gas will drop a bit. We will be able to escape the cold that is starting to creep in and ride some rides and have a new Disney adventure to talk about in our new ( to us, actually it's pretty old, 1988 ) RV's first long trip. I ordered a custom tag frame for it that says " We're Going To DISNEYWORLD". Wish us luck.

71dsp

Too bad you're not local. I have some electrical work I need done on the house! Good luck with the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom