Do I need to join in?

Damian31

Original Poster
I am going to book for the Hoop de doo musical revue when I am over in September. The thing is I dont want to get involved in any 'on stage' activity or have to dance or anything. Its not that I am miserable ...I am just a bit shy when it comes to things like that and would just rather sit and watch others join in.

My other half can't wait to grab his cowboy hat and lauch about like a madman, but getting picked on fills me with fear!

Chape19714

Well, it's a ton of fun, and don't be shy. Odds are, you will never see anyone in that theater ever again, so go for it! Join and have some fun!

You can also sit on the balcony.

figmentmom

I am going to book for the Hoop de doo musical revue when I am over in September. The thing is I dont want to get involved in any 'on stage' activity or have to dance or anything. Its not that I am miserable ...I am just a bit shy when it comes to things like that and would just rather sit and watch others join in.

My other half can't wait to grab his cowboy hat and lauch about like a madman, but getting picked on fills me with fear!

Not to worry - if it looks like they're going to ask you to join in, a firm "No, thanks" should do the trick.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Well, on the positive side, the odds are in your favor as they only need 4 volunteers...on the other hand, they seem to have a sixth sense as to who doesn't want to go. I'm not shy, but have absolutely no latent thespian tendencies, so I really don't enjoy getting involved. I was brought upstage one visit and had an especially attentive "friend" while in the audience last year. If I can survive, you can. It's a fun show and everyone gets involved, so don't miss out on that account.

tigsmom

Well, on the positive side, the odds are in your favor as they only need 4 volunteers...on the other hand, they seem to have a sixth sense as to who doesn't want to go. I'm not shy, but have absolutely no latent thespian tendencies, so I really don't enjoy getting involved. I was brought upstage one visit and had an especially attentive "friend" while in the audience last year. If I can survive, you can. It's a fun show and everyone gets involved, so don't miss out on that account.

Did somebody sit on your lap? :lookaroun

You don't have to worry, there are so many people there you can blend into the wall very easily. You can also ask to sit upstairs so you are out of the way, but they do go up and visit and may speak to you. If picked just politely decline, there will be 10 people willing to take your place. :cool:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Did somebody sit on your lap? :lookaroun

You don't have to worry, there are so many people there you can blend into the wall very easily. You can also ask to sit upstairs so you are out of the way, but they do go up and visit and may speak to you. If picked just politely decline, there will be 10 people willing to take your place. :cool:

...a few times.....and.....:eek:

I'm interested in this too, as we are thinking of doing this when we go in Sept., but I'm kind of shy and so are my children. We were so scared to do 50's prime time at first, but we really enjoyed that one, especially my children as I was "fussed" at by our Aunt the whole time :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You knew this picture would come back to haunt you.:drevil:
P1130944.jpg

Hoop De Do is an absolute blast. Also remember that it is all you can drink beer and sangria. After a few of those you really will not care if they bring you up on stage.:lol:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hoop-de-do is a lot of fun. As others have said, if you sit in the balcony, you're probably even safer than the already low odds if you sit on the main floor.

When I was a teenager, I was painfully shy and afraid of situations like this as well. I constantly told myself there was no reason for the fear, and let myself be chosen for things a couple of times despite the fear. Gradually, it wore off, and while I don't exactly hope that I'll be chosen these days, it no longer bothers me when it happens. By now, I've been chosen for so many semi-embarassing things at the Adventurer's Club, i'm not sure there's anything more embarassing left.

Which reminds me, if you're afraid of being picked to do things in public, definitely skip the Adventurer's Club. If you do, you'll be missing a true Disney gem, but there's a much greater chance of getting picked on there than at the Hoop-de-do.

rob45

We have been to the Hoop-De-Doo twice, and sat at the same table right in front (the middle) of the stage. (table for 2) The first time we got to be part of the show as I call it. The second time we were not included. Both times were a blast, being part of the show or just sitting and eating. The Hoop-De-Doo is a great time so ENJOY!!

Damian31

Original Poster
Does sitting in the baclony reduce viewing or anything. I quite like the sound of being up away from where someone could get at me.......makes you wonder why I am booking this if I am that bothered:ROFLOL:

jollymon2

We're hitting the show in about a week and i have a quick question. I'll have my 2 year old with me (she'll probably want to sit in my lap) will that limit my chances of getting involved? My wife will be with me, but she will be tending to the 5 year old.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Does sitting in the baclony reduce viewing or anything. I quite like the sound of being up away from where someone could get at me.......makes you wonder why I am booking this if I am that bothered:ROFLOL:

You can see just fine from the balcony, although you may have to crane your neck a bit to see the performers when they wander the floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom