DL vs. DW

Sheri

Original Poster
Well since I've never been to DisneyLand, I have a kinda big question about it...
Well ya know how there are the some of same rides in DisneyWorld and DisneyLand?
I was just wondering, what are some of the major differences between rides like the Haunted Mansion that are in both DL and DW?

thnks :)

ShanenLuvsDsny

I don't think that there's really that much of a difference other than the outside "look" of the ride. The Haunted Mansion in Cali is VERY different on the outside than in Florida. The inside is basically the same. I think it's mostly the layout (and look too) of the parks that's different. I deffinately love Disney World, but Disneyland will always be my favorite. :)

NowInc

Although most of the ride concepts are the same..the rides themselves in some instances are much different (Jungle Cruise, HM, and Thunder Mountain just to name a few)...You should really go there and see for yourself...its quite interesting...

Security Boy

The Differances

Most of the Original Attractions conceived at Disneyland are very differnt, WDW's MK is designed for Efficiency, in another words more, more more!! Small World for example at DL looks much better on the outside like the Mansion but inside it is small and narrow (you cannot see the water!) where as at MK@WDW the boats are bigger and you know you are on a boat. Another example is Space Mountain, DL's was the best hands down until they painted tomorrowland that nasty rust color at which point I think the one in the MK looks better! However, the costumes are the same old jump suites at WDW where they are dressed as Intergaltic flight attendents at DL. The ride operation is not, however, as neat. DL's trains hold 12 (2 cars side by side seating per car) while MK's hold 6 (2 cars 3 people per car behind one another) which is auctually the same exact system the Matterhorn uses! I think the main things are The Mansion, Pirates, and Space were built soley because of the popularity they have previously acheved at DL.

Muppets 3 D and Bugs Life, for example at DCA hail in comparsion to the wonderful and beautiful job they did in MGM. As I said before, Disney's California Adventure is brought to you by the ex cast members who brought you the Animal Kingdom!:lol:

WDWJUNKY

We've been to WDW four times and Disneyland twice in the last six years. We live a days drive from Disneyland, but I would choose WDW anytime for the overall experience. Your going to get a lot more out of Disneyland than you would just MK, but there is everything else in Orlando that there isn't in SO-CAL. I think it's harder to get fully invovled in the experience in Anahiem becasue everything is so crowded and compact. Once you enter WDW it had an personality of it's own that you can get lost in. That being said you can still make a great trip out of Disnyeland, for us we just throw in a couple extra's like Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm and now obviously there's DCA. Also apples for apples comparing airfare, hotel, rental car, tickets and so on WDW is a better value. We can ussually fly form Utah to Orlando for as cheap or cheaper than LA. Last point I know I'm running, but I think the two water parks at WDW throw it over the top. They are awesome and there's nothing like them in Anaheim.

DLMAGICDARREN

WDW junky says it best, to compare Disneyland and MK alone, absolutely no contest, Disneyland wins hands down.

But would you rather also see DCA?

Or Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, Disneyquest, Pleasure Island, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, 19 resorts, horseback riding, miniture golf, boating, and much more.

Both resorts are awesome, the convience of DLR's Downtown Disney location is much more attractive, but no contest for the overall winning resort!

Disneyland started it all, and WDW made it even better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom