DL Fireworks

JillC LI

Original Poster
Can someone please tell me what parts of DL will be closed off to me and for how long as a result of the fireworks and/or Fantasmic? Do any parts of DCA close because of WOC? I want to make sure my touring plans are done smartly since I will only have one day in each park. Thanks so much.

Californian Elitist

Fantasyland closes an hour before the fireworks, and opens back up usually ten to fifteen minutes after they end. Toontown also closes for the fireworks, a couple of hours before they start. Paradise Pier closes for WoC. I don't know how soon before.

BubbaQuest

I forgot to mention Toontown doesn't open back up, but Paradise Pier opens up shortly after WoC ends.

I was about to mention the same thing. Toontown does not reopen. This includes the Toontown train station which remains closed after the fireworks. P.S. Just remembered the train throughout the park is closed during the fireworks, but reopens after.

Toy Story Mania remains open during WoC. Actually Paradise Pier remains open during WoC, but all the attractions in the area are closed except Toy Story Mania and Little Mermaid. You can still walk back there and see the back side of WoC. I have not tried shopping or eating at the restaurants during that time. I'm pretty sure Ariel's Grotto restaurant is closed, but not sure about Paradise Garden Grill.

Unfortunately DCA usually closes before the second WoC showing, so technically Paradise Pier does not reopen after WoC. For awhile, the park was open an hour after WoC, but I have not seen that happen this past year.

Keep in mind Main Street and the center hub will become very crowded starting about an hour before the fireworks. If there is also a parade around that time, expect to get stuck in Tomorrowland or Adventureland/New Orleans square until it all gets cleared up.

New Orleans square remains open during Fantasmic, but you really don't want to be near there during the first show unless you are there to watch it. There is very limited movement between Splash Mountain and New Orleans Square during that time.

Hope that helps. Have a great trip!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom