DizWiz's Trip Report 6/6 - 6/9

Just got back from my first trip to Walt Disney World since I moved from Orlando to New Orleans last year.

First off, you can see my photos from the trip here: http://flickr.com/photos/dizwiz/sets/72157605598431240/

The pictures give a better report than I ever could through words.

Who went: My brother Scott, his girlfriend Caroline, my sister Tiffany and her husband Brian, our friend Ben and his girlfriend Stephanie, Ben's sister Emily and me (obviously).

We left New Orleans on Friday morning and drove straight through in a big rental van. We stayed in my house in Ocoee (since it hasn't sold yet). That night, we went to the Boardwalk to eat some dinner and relax from the trip.

On Saturday, we got up early and got to Disney's Hollywood Studios by the time it opened. We got Fastpasses to Toy Story Mania! and then went and rode Tower of Terror and Rock n' Roller Coaster. Then we rode Star Tours and walked around and looked at the SWW activities. Then we ate dinner at the Commissary and then did Toy Story Mania! It's a cute ride. Not what I was expecting at all, but it was fun.

Then we left and went to Epcot. I rode Spaceship Earth for the first time since the rehab. I gotta say...I didn't hate it. I was expecting a lot worse based on some of the conversations on these boards, but I enjoyed it. Then we rode Mission:Space, Journey Into Imagination, Living with the Land and Soarin'. We ate dinner at Mexico and I went to see the Epcot 25 exhibit. Then we watched Illuminations and went back home.

On Sunday, we started the day early at Animal Kingdom. We rode Expedition Everest two times, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. We ate lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and then we headed out.

After lunch we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. I don't remember which order we rode all the rides, but here are the attractions we did: Haunted Mansion (first rate rehab...it made an excellent attraction even better), it's a small world, Mickey's Philarmagic, TTA, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I think I got them all. Then we ate dinner at Columbia Harbor House, did some shopping, and watched SpectroMagic and Wishes.

We left Orlando early Monday morning, and once again, drove straight through.

It was an exhausting trip, but it was a lot of fun. And it was nice to be back at Disney after living in Orlando for 13 years and going every weekend. You don't know what you have until it's gone. ;-)

Philo

Thanks for the report - you got a lot done in 3 days. I gotta say I agree with you on the SSE refurb - I liked it.

nibblesandbits

Man...I always remembered you taking amazing photos! These are really wonderful too! Some of them are so spectacular, I'm actually jealous! :lol: Glad to see you had a great trip!

DizWiz

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind comments about the photos. I'm glad you like them.

It's nice to be able to share pictures and a trip report from a great visit with other Disney fans.

Thanks again!

DizWiz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom