Disney's World of Color for Walt Disney World (Open Brainstorming)

FigmentJedi

Fireworks would be a really limiting medium to translate World of Color into on the East Coast though. Though it would work as an elaborate Illuminations replacement.

Stratofarius

There are no animals close to that area.

Do you know what is right besides the Everest area? Conservation Station, I guess. Why do you think the park closes at the afternoon? Even a show as World of Color would have to be loud. It doesn't matters where the animals are anyway, you have Conservation Station and Kilimanjaro Safaris surrounding Everest, PLUS the backstage areas.

FigmentJedi

I just CAN'T see a character filled show in EPCOT.

Isn't that contradictory to your previous post? World Showcase Lagoon's the one preexisting venue practical for the show I could think of.

Course, there's always tearing out the Speedway in Magic Kingdom and creating a compressed version of the fountain complex there

mharrington

I just CAN'T see a character filled show in EPCOT.

Exactly. The only place a character-filled show would work is in the Magic Kingdom, a park that is already homogenizing the whole resort (or at least the main parks).

And besides, how would fireworks be a really limiting medium to translate a show like this into on the East Coast? It could work, provided we make modifications.

My own original idea to replace Wishes was a bit too elaborate a concept (go here): http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/f60/new-fireworks-show-wdws-magic-kingdom-23334/.

rct247

First of all World of Color is supposed to be unique to California Adventure only. The Imagineers already explained that they want to keep it special to the park.

Why not create a new spectacular show in Animal Kingdom instead? As mentioned before?

THANK YOU!

I'm desperate to see World of Color as well, but I'll make the trip to California. Create something unique for Animal Kingdom or refresh Fantasmic to Fantasmic 2.0.

If you are that interested in Imagineering a World of Color for Disney World here are some things to consider:
-Echo Lake at Studios is far too small (mentioned before)
-Any regular body of water in any existing park wouldn't work. DCA has a concrete bottom with controlled water. World Showcase Lagoon or the large lake at DAK would have algae and wildlife in it. It would be a maintenance nightmare.
-Magic Kingdom wouldn't have a large enough space for this, nor the need for it with its signature fireworks.
-Studios doesn't have room either unless they replace Fantasmic or remove Light's Motors Action.
-DAK does have room, but you would have to rework the storyline/montage to fit the needs to Animal Kingdom's ideals and theme, so it wouldn't and shouldn't be the same show, but same general technology.
-Downtown Disney wouldn't be an option since Disney wouldn't spend that much money for non-paying people to see.

Finally, I would kindly suggest that you wouldn't limit yourself to those movies just yet. Why does Howl's Moving Castle have more significance than The Jungle Book, or Meet the Robinsons over Pochahontas. Where's Hercules or Cinderella, Monster's Inc or Aristocats? Not saying that any of those are perfect fits either, but World of Color relies mostly on musical scores to complete the experience. I don't think Studio Ghibi really fits anymore than Pirates in an all animated show.

That's my 2 cents with 98 cents extra bonus.

FigmentJedi

Meet the Robinsons over Pochahontas.

Both were on OP's list, but I do gotta say that Robinsons was a way better movie. Not as popular, but I stand by my opinion. And the idea I had in mind for a brief segment with the fountains sculpting out the Future City set to "The Future has Arrived"

Also, Animal Kingdom would have logistical problems as well seeing as Discovery River also houses wildlife.

Twilight_Roxas

Original Poster
Well I guess well start and Epcot could fit.

The lights around the lake turn off as the music began and the lake sparkles and the fountains begin to rise and the fame Space Station
earth logo will show the traditional Mickey logo with the saying Walt Disney present then the other fountains rise and we see Tinkerbell fly making her pixie dust become Walt Disney's quote "Every Child is Bless with a Vivid Imagination-Walt Disney" Tinkerbell enchants the words and they fall into the lake becoming blue fountains the D on the other hand turns orange and starts to follow her so she zaps the D and she lets out a huge zap cause the D to tumble into the lagoon becoming a orange fountain known as Little Squirt and he starts to bring the fountains to life as the world of color theme begins. 3 parts in the song will use the mist projection. A blue rolling sea will show Marlin and Dory swimming, a red summer rose showing Belle and the Beast dancing and lastly a sunset in the sky will show Totoro looking at the sky as the fountains continue to dance during the song until we get to the segment of Nature.

FigmentJedi

I think adapting the show into Epcot, there would have to be a different approach to how the show is laid out, going more on an angle of the colors of the stories from different parts of the World like using a globe set up in the middle of the lagoon still or using the pavillion lighting to indicate certain countries that are currently being traveled into on the lagoon and even lighting towards Future World for things like a Figment appearance.

It'd definitely take more of the Illuminations model of using fountains and fireworks together, though definitely emphasizing fountains more with new barges, but nothing to the scale of the DCA platform.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom