Disney's World of Color for Walt Disney World (Open Brainstorming)

Twilight_Roxas

Original Poster
This is a brainstorming thread of a Florida version of Disney's World of Color.These are the only films we will use for the show.

Disney
-------
Fantasia 2000
Pocahontas
Bambi
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
The Little Mermaid
The Black Cauldron
Fantasia
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Sleeping Beauty
The Lion King
Dumbo
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Brother Bear
Meet the Robinsons
Enchanted
Tinker-Bell
Princess and the Frog

Pixar
--------
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Bugs Life
Finding Nemo
Wall-E
Up

Studio Ghibi *Few of the animes were dub by Disney*
------------
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery service
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo

Testtrack321

In Hollywood Studios where Echo Lake is.

That is, hands down, stupid. It wont' fit, it can't host the people who want to see the show, and there is another park with NO nighttime show that can host it better.

Put it in AK, near Everest. It CAN work there, with a modified platform.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I'd rather have it in DHS, but we would have to provide our own water. Echo Lake is, as Testtrack was alluding, far too small.

---TrevorA

mharrington

Personally, I think there should be a new version of the show that could be the new fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. Mind you, it would have to be tweaked since the show has no fireworks, mostly water and fountains.

MANEATINGWREATH

First of all World of Color is supposed to be unique to California Adventure only. The Imagineers already explained that they want to keep it special to the park.

Why not create a new spectacular show in Animal Kingdom instead? As mentioned before?

FigmentJedi

Not specifically for World, but I have some ideas for a different World of Color show, taking elements from Epic Mickey for a story (bring Mickey into the show more and having the PHantom Blot be the lead-in to the villain sequence with a fight against him as part of the climax) and featuring a whole sequence on Disney craziness that would include Alice in Wonderland, the Aracuan and some other Three Caballeros elements, Figment, Genie and Pink Elephants/Heffalumps and Woozles.

THe Sky sequence would take the original idea of Aladdin and Hercules and add Meet the Robinsons and Totoro into the medley.

Stratofarius

That is, hands down, stupid. It wont' fit, it can't host the people who want to see the show, and there is another park with NO nighttime show that can host it better.

Put it in AK, near Everest. It CAN work there, with a modified platform.

It would screw the animals nap time.

Not specifically for World, but I have some ideas for a different World of Color show, taking elements from Epic Mickey for a story (bring Mickey into the show more and having the PHantom Blot be the lead-in to the villain sequence with a fight against him as part of the climax) and featuring a whole sequence on Disney craziness that would include Alice in Wonderland, the Aracuan and some other Three Caballeros elements, Figment, Genie and Pink Elephants/Heffalumps and Woozles.

THe Sky sequence would take the original idea of Aladdin and Hercules and add Meet the Robinsons and Totoro into the medley.

This can be the show that World Showcase is craving for.

FigmentJedi

Taking World Showcase into account, you could use the "Globe as projection surface" idea as a partial solution to the problem of the projected visuals only really being visible to those viewing head on. With a new version of the sphere and some waterscreen barges like what the Tokyo DisneySea Fantasmic seems to be doing, a variation of World of Color in the round would actually be feasible.

mharrington

First of all World of Color is supposed to be unique to California Adventure only. The Imagineers already explained that they want to keep it special to the park.

The only reason I thought of a show like World of Color for WDW's Magic Kingdom is because they really need to retire Wishes and replace it with something else.

Testtrack321

The only reason I thought of a show like World of Color for WDW's Magic Kingdom is because they really need to retire Wishes and replace it with something else.

What the.... are you kidding me?

Also, you can have the same technology and lessons learned from WoC and apply it to a new show.

It would screw the animals nap time.

There are no animals close to that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom