Disney's Military Salute not renewed; extended instead

stretchsje

Original Poster
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...isneys-armed-forces-salute-has-been-extended/
  • The CURRENT offer has been extended from it's original end date of October 3rd to December 20th, 2015.
  • Thus, prices have not increased. (How often does that happen?!)
  • The maximum amount of tickets a qualified person may purchase has doubled from six to twelve.
This is actually great news for those visiting before December 20th, but it breaks from many years of tradition of having the offer renewed around October with a small price increase. Anyone care to speculate on what Disney is planning after December 20th? Perhaps they're just trying to shift the military tickets into a neat calendar year time-slot?

Last edited:

GymLeaderPhil

January 2, 2005 is the last time when Disney completely overhauled admission with the Magic Your Way ticket product.

Removal of the No Expiration option this year and coupled with Disney testing the waters of surge pricing with the Water Park 1-Day tickets, leads me to believe we're going to see some changes soon.

I'd also imagine that we're getting close to DisneyQuest closing as WDW1974 as alluded to which would impact the value of the Fun option.

ItlngrlBella

I REALLY hope this is continued for military active, reserve and vets. My husband is in the National Guard and we use it every few years - and we plan to use it again to celebrate his retirement.

I know many families that have been through hell (spouses deployed and come home injured), and a trip to WDW/DL was their #1 to-do on their list to celebrate a parent's healing/homecoming or spending quality time before being deployed.

The military salute program does SO MUCH for these families and many would not be able to afford a trip without the discount it provides.

I'm praying they continue the program. I'm sure a PR nightmare would happen if they were to ever discontinue it.

stretchsje

Original Poster
Well, I think the biggest military perk on property is the existence of Shades of Green, but yeah, it would be an extremely sad day if the Armed Forces Salute lapsed. There frequently used to be a few days or weeks where the old promotion had expired but the new one hadn't yet been announced. I know this quite well as I once timed a vacation to arrive and leave on exactly those dates! It sure makes sense for that lapse period to take place in late December rather than October since the Solute tickets aren't valid then anyway. So, that's my guess: that they're simply shifting the time of year that the promotion gets renewed.

I always find myself wanting a five or six-day ticket versus the salute's four-day pass. There's no good reason for me to believe the Salute tickets are changing, but making them longer in duration would certainly be the top of my wish list!

Last edited:

AUPr8Hd

What effect does this have on existing tickets? For instance, if an individual has days available on their pass still, it would have been set to expire on 9/30. Is that still the case or has the expiration now been extended out through the expiration period

JasonDeyoung

I to am curious. I use the military offer for resort stays and have heard a few rumors about it. As for the tickets, I've heard for years that they'll need to be purchased on base but that's yet to happen. Hopeully it's just an extension and the new offers will begin after the new year

Last edited:

Nj4mwc

Shades of green buses are so terrible it really brings down the resort, great huge rooms at decent prices compared to other comparably sized rooms, i really hope the military salute isnt going no where, im planning my trip next year around expectation the salute is offered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom