Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort - Amusement Park Expansion

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Welcome to a new armchair-Imagineering project...this time at Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort!

1200px-Disney%27s_BoardWalk_logo.svg.png

While the Boardwalk and early eastern coastal seaside town vibes are apparent throughout the themes of the resort - one area in particular seems to be missing and that's a wide variety of Boardwalk entertainment for families.

The Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls are geared towards adults only, there are some streetmosphere characters, but not many, and some games to play, but not enough to be considered a true Boardwalk.

There are no amusement rides or attractions to explore in the resort. The lobby of the resort hints at the old wooden coaster designs of the early 20th century, but only on display.
boardwalk-lobby-10.JPG

That -- combined with the lackluster and out of place ESPN Zone at the end of the Boardwalk, brings us to this.

Scaling out the Cyclone on Coney Island, New York. The Cyclone is approx 500 feet long by 100 feet wide. Using the powers of Google Earth, I was able to determine that if we take away the ESPN Zone from the Boardwalk, we would have enough room to fit the Cyclone (at least a replica of it) in-between the Boardwalk and the International Gateway entrance, as part of a new "amusement park" area on the Boardwalk itself.
maxresdefault.jpg

Disney's Boardwalk Inn Expansion Map

On top of the Cyclone, we could have a Ferris Wheel, Carousel, and other amusement park family attractions that were found on the Boardwalk way back when. The rides could be at a cost (say $5 dollars for The Cyclone), with Boardwalk Resort guests able to buy a pass for the attractions so to save money. But even my saving money, Disney would profit off of this.

How many guests would travel to the Boardwalk now not only for the late night dancing, but for the fun of a small amusement park environment, separate from the large cost of the theme parks.

Seniors who remember going to old amusement parks will have a breath of nostalgia walking through the area, and families will have a place to take their kids on the Boardwalk. And given that a lot of people park-hop from Epcot to Hollywood Studios, what a perfect stop along the way to walk into an old fashioned Boardwalk amusement park. Lastly, the rumored/confirmed gondola transportation system is said to dock at the International Gateway, again leading more guests into this area, and having another thing to do for those guests is a bonus for everyone including Disney.

More details will come soon on the specifics of the attractions inside. I hope tomorrow to have some rough sketches of the area and maybe a RCT3 version of the cyclone. But since it's on YouTube and late at night, I'm going to take the easy path for that:p

If you have any recommendations for amusement park attractions -- comment below and add them in! I'm open to suggestions.:geek: Thanks!​

Corey

Great idea spacemt354! A nostalgic roller coaster here or there would not be enough to draw people away from the four main parks, but would give some a good excuse for extending their visits at the resorts. Just like my idea for basically a Coney Island roller coaster at Disney Springs. This would basically be tantamount to a nicely themed pool at a resort with respect to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon respectively. A nice addition, but no real threat to the theme parks themselves.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Great idea spacemt354! A nostalgic roller coaster here or there would not be enough to draw people away from the four main parks, but would give some a good excuse for extending their visits at the resorts. Just like my idea for basically a Coney Island roller coaster at Disney Springs, this would basically be tantamount to a nicely themed pool with respect to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. A nice addition, but no real threat to the theme parks themselves.
Exactly! I wish Disney did more things outside the parks like this. I can kinda understand why they don't but this would be printing money for them based on the amount of traffic flow is going to be coming to this area (and is already there now)

The Boardwalk is a great bustling place and I always wished it had something more than just entertainment and adult venues.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Exactly! I wish Disney did more things outside the parks like this. I can kinda understand why they don't but this would be printing money for them based on the amount of traffic flow is going to be coming to this area (and is already there now)

The Boardwalk is a great bustling place and I always wished it had something more than just entertainment and adult venues.

Add in that if the gondolas ever become confirmed..... That also mean traffic from Caribbean Beach, AoA, and Pop guests. :bookworm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom