DisneyPrincess5's January 2010 Trip Report!

Hi all :wave:

We returned from our amazing Walt Disney World trip on Saturday night and I can’t wait to share the details with all of you!

Quick recap and then let’s get into it!

Who: Me (Liz), 22 and my boyfriend (Ryan), 28

When: January 8-16, 2010

Where: The Polynesian

Come on everybody...here we gooo!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great trip report. You guys are so cute. My daughter and I went in Jan a few years ago and froze. We had fun but such a different experience then when it is warm. Glad you had fun and congrats on your upcoming graduation. :wave:
Sheri
Thank you! You're right, it definitely is so different when the weather changes. It felt like we were on 2 trips...one cold and then one warm towards the end!

disneygirl1

Great report and awesome pictures!!! So sorry about the COLD weather! I could not believe how cold they were saying it was in Florida on the weather forecasts! Glad you were able to make the best of it!

We have been to Disney several times in May, usually the 2nd week, and we have loved it! Now are new favorite time is the beginning of December! There's just something about Disney decorated for christmas that I just can't get enough of!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great report and awesome pictures!!! So sorry about the COLD weather! I could not believe how cold they were saying it was in Florida on the weather forecasts! Glad you were able to make the best of it!

We have been to Disney several times in May, usually the 2nd week, and we have loved it! Now are new favorite time is the beginning of December! There's just something about Disney decorated for christmas that I just can't get enough of!
Thank you! Yeah it was pretty unbelievable...I was kind of in denial of how cold it would be before we got there. But once we felt it, we couldn't deny it anymore!

Glad to hear you like May...I've only gotten positive thoughts on it so far and hoping it stays that way...we're really looking forward to that change.

disneygirl1

Thank you! Yeah it was pretty unbelievable...I was kind of in denial of how cold it would be before we got there. But once we felt it, we couldn't deny it anymore!

Glad to hear you like May...I've only gotten positive thoughts on it so far and hoping it stays that way...we're really looking forward to that change.

Well if you look at it this way, it was warmer in Orlando then it was at home in the northeast... Man it was bitter cold in Philly!

Yes, I so recommend May... The Flower and Garden Festival is so pretty in Epcot! You'll love it!

LeafsFanNL

Thank you for the trip report. Sometime early in January the local weather reporter noted that the weather in Orlando was colder than it was up here in Newfoundland!!! We visit during Easter week and sometimes get a cool morning, but we are always in the pool by 2:00 pm.

HB

Matt and Kelly

Great Trip report! I loved all the pictures. Looks like it was pretty cold there but glad to hear you guys made the most of it and had fun even with the chilly weather!

The Poly looks so cool...I think I'll have to put it on the places I'd like to stay for our next trip.

Good luck planning your next trip.

popsicletrees

Great trip report! We might have passed each other in the lobby of the Poly during your first two days. I'm glad the weather got better as your trip went along. You two make a really cute couple!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well if you look at it this way, it was warmer in Orlando then it was at home in the northeast... Man it was bitter cold in Philly!

Yes, I so recommend May... The Flower and Garden Festival is so pretty in Epcot! You'll love it!
Most of the more-populated area of Canada was warmer than Orlando for a while there.... It was kinda fun basking in their misery for a change! :lookaroun

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Sad to see you guys back so "soon" it seemed like you guys just left the other day! You run around and always end back up at MK just like me. We are ALWAYS on the run and we always end back to MK.

Anyways great pics and my Disney fever is now on high alert. Blah!

Matt and Kelly

Most of the more-populated area of Canada was warmer than Orlando for a while there.... It was kinda fun basking in their misery for a change! :lookaroun

I had a good laugh at that as well. Both my dad and my brother were in Orlando last week (for a conference, not Disney) and the weather here in Edmonton was better than it was down there.

A lot less snow on the ground there though, I'm sure :animwink:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thank you for the trip report. Sometime early in January the local weather reporter noted that the weather in Orlando was colder than it was up here in Newfoundland!!! We visit during Easter week and sometimes get a cool morning, but we are always in the pool by 2:00 pm.

HB
Thank you! Yes it was very cold...a tad colder than at our home in CT too I think!
Great Trip report! I loved all the pictures. Looks like it was pretty cold there but glad to hear you guys made the most of it and had fun even with the chilly weather!

The Poly looks so cool...I think I'll have to put it on the places I'd like to stay for our next trip.

Good luck planning your next trip.
Thank you! We definitely had to rock our winter coats, but we still had a great time. Definitely visit the Poly...it's beautiful!

Great trip report! We might have passed each other in the lobby of the Poly during your first two days. I'm glad the weather got better as your trip went along. You two make a really cute couple!
Thank you! Ooo we should have said hi!

It looks like your trip was awesome! LOVED your pictures too! :)
Thank you!

Sad to see you guys back so "soon" it seemed like you guys just left the other day! You run around and always end back up at MK just like me. We are ALWAYS on the run and we always end back to MK.

Anyways great pics and my Disney fever is now on high alert. Blah!
Thank you! I know...we were there for 8 nights, 9 days but it flew by! We really do like to hop a lot...it;'s fun isn't it?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
It is fun but when I get home I need another vacation. Its just weird we'll be somewhere and Ill be like I wanna see Wishes again and the next thing you know we are off to MK! Hahah!

Day 7

We made an ADR at Tony’s for lunch for this day when we first arrived at WDW and we really enjoyed it. I finally got to see Lady and the Tramp eating ‘outside’!

The monorail was down at night when we were ready to return to the Poly..hmm…so we took the bus back and ate dinner at Captain Cooks.

Here are some photos from the day:
me330.jpg

Great report...I just loved reading it! The Poly is the best :)

Quick question: where is this picture of Lady and the Tramp? I've eaten in Tony's for years and I've never seen this!

Also, were the boat launches not running to the Poly because of the cold?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great report...I just loved reading it! The Poly is the best :)

Quick question: where is this picture of Lady and the Tramp? I've eaten in Tony's for years and I've never seen this!

Also, were the boat launches not running to the Poly because of the cold?
Thank you!

I'm unsure about the boat launches...we never did that.

That photo is actually of a see-through 'window' where you can see L & T eating 'outside'. When you enter the main eating area with the fountain at Tony's, it is to your right. Here is a larger shot of it, sorry for the glare:
me329.jpg

erstwo

Aw thank you!
Well we saw the one guy to the left :lol: but not the guy to the right. We had Lamont who told us he's been leading the 8:30am tour for years. Did you do another time?

Sorry, my post was confusing - we haven't been on the Segway tour, but did meet that CM (twice) now at Rope Drop. The first time we met him, we went on to Soarin' for Fastpasses and then on to Norway for the Princess breakfast. On our way through the World Showcase, we saw him again, and he was leading a Segway tour. (At least I think it was a tour, it was less than 10 people and not all of them were wearing uniforms :shrug:)

Anyway, I was just wondering if he lead your tour (which he did not I see :)) since he was so nice and you mentioned your guides were wonderful.

Thanks again for the great TR!

ksr99

Fun Times!!!

Great Trip Report!! After seeing your pics, its made me extremely jealous, I love the poly!!!! This past October we stayed at Bay Lake Towers, awesome hotel, but still not quite like the polys ambiance. May is an awesome time to go down, if you ever get a chance I would also recommend going down in October. The fiance and I have fallen in love with that time of year, including the F&W festival! Its just the perfect temp, enough for shorts but not hot enough to pass out!!!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great Trip Report!! After seeing your pics, its made me extremely jealous, I love the poly!!!! This past October we stayed at Bay Lake Towers, awesome hotel, but still not quite like the polys ambiance. May is an awesome time to go down, if you ever get a chance I would also recommend going down in October. The fiance and I have fallen in love with that time of year, including the F&W festival! Its just the perfect temp, enough for shorts but not hot enough to pass out!!!
Thank you!
Funny you mention October because that is the other time we were considering going for the same reasons you describe. We will have to try that after May.

Foolish Mortal

Nice report, good read. Good pics. I hope you have more for the resort pic thread....cough cough. I love the way you bounce from park to park and seem to end up back at the MK. We could hang :lol: I have the same style and also end up at the MK. Shame the weather wasn't a bit more co-operative, but at least you were in WDW while the rest of us were slaving away at work. And you will LOVE WDW in May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom