Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

Nicole220

^ Really now? I'm not going to get my hopes up anymore. I'm going to wait till I see video and pictures to believe anything.

Of course, Al could be wrong. But still.

prbiker15

Murphy is going to appear for the media Monday morning at 4AM, in a exclusive dress rehearsal. He will appear in the first showing for the public that night. REALLY EXCITING, and it's confirmed.

nemofinder22

http://miceage.micechat.com/

Editor's Note 8/28: Murphy the Dragon UPDATED - With my last note, I was trying to defer to traditional media invited to the top secret 5 AM performance of Fantasmic on Mon, but the boards are buzzing over today’s leaks from the Entertainment Dept. Murphy will debut at the early morning media event for invited guests, then generate buzz all day on SoCal TV, radio and newspapers, and then finally make his first public debut 15 hours later at the 8:15 PM show. Expect extended park hours and a second show each night through Thur, with a 3rd show added over Labor Day weekend. - Al Lutz

sponono88

Original Poster
http://miceage.micechat.com/

Editor's Note 8/28: Murphy the Dragon UPDATED - With my last note, I was trying to defer to traditional media invited to the top secret 5 AM performance of Fantasmic on Mon, but the boards are buzzing over today’s leaks from the Entertainment Dept. Murphy will debut at the early morning media event for invited guests, then generate buzz all day on SoCal TV, radio and newspapers, and then finally make his first public debut 15 hours later at the 8:15 PM show. Expect extended park hours and a second show each night through Thur, with a 3rd show added over Labor Day weekend. - Al Lutz

:eek: Finally! a 5am special perfomance? I wonder what that will look like..

anyway, it looks like it will be a madhouse at DL come monday night. Can't wait to see Murphy!

The press event this morning was cancelled. There are fires burning in Orange County, and they probably thought it would not be very appropriate to debut a fire-breathing dragon while homes and lives are being lost due to the fires.

sponono88

Original Poster
right, the press event was cancelled.. Apparently the dragon is working fine, except right now the news coverage is mostly focusing the fires that are threatening so many homes in the area.

there is however a video of the dragon released by Disney! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZNpFWbrPaU :D :D

I'll be there tonight - I'm hoping Murphy finally shows up this time. edit- nvm, just read that the dragon's debut was cancelled :fork:

Nicole220

right, the press event was cancelled.. Apparently the dragon is working fine, except right now the news coverage is mostly focusing the fires that are threatening so many homes in the area.

there is however a video of the dragon released by Disney! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZNpFWbrPaU :D :D

I'll be there tonight - I'm hoping Murphy finally shows up this time. edit- nvm, just read that the dragon's debut was cancelled :fork:
DRAGON!!!!!! :sohappy:

Awesome. Really really awesome. I love how she bends over and looks at Mickey. Gah. I want to see this in person!

And I hope everyone back in Cali stayes safe...

nemofinder22

:eek: Wow!!! its so much more amazing than the old one! Hopefully it makes its debut to the public soon.

be sure to check out the photos.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...t-photos-and-video-released/16363/#more-16363

The elusive dragon in the Fantasmic show continues to have stage fright.

Disneyland canceled the scheduled debut tonight of the massive dragon that was supposed to be the centerpiece of the revamped water-and-light show.

The dragon has been broken all summer, but it was supposed to be ready for tonight’s performance. However, Disney officials are continuing to fine-tune the dragon.

A preview for a select group of media members was canceled this morning. A sneak peek was scheduled for 4:30 a.m., but Disneyland officials called it off just about an hour earlier.

Instead, they sent us a video of the dragon during one of its rehearsals.

sponono88

Original Poster
Update: the ocregister has posted this update

Disneyland released this official statement about the dragon delays today: “The dragon in Fantasmic! is technically complex and the largest and most fully animated Disney character ever created for a live stage show. We want to make sure it’s perfect before adding it to the show,” said Mike Hyland, director of Disneyland Resort public relations.

Disneyland has yet to release a new debut date.

and another update from Miceage:

Editor's Note 8/31: Murphy the Dragon's press event this morning was cancelled. This isn't just a ploy to be sensitive to the wildfires, it's another round of legit technical problems. Murphy will NOT appear at tonight's performance, and there is no current ETA for when he will. The OC Register has PR video and photos of Murphy.

TP2000

Wow, this dragon thing is really hilarious to follow. At this point, it all just makes me laugh! :lol:

Good thing Fantasmic! already looks really good with all the upgrades and additions they've done to that show in the last two years. The dragon will be the cherry on top, but the delays and problems are just too funny now!

Wilt Dasney

Thanks, guys. I'd been wondering if this was a big upgrade compared to both versions, or if DL's dragon was just that far behind WDW's. Pretty clear that this is new ground for either park when you have those shots to compare side-by-side.

nemofinder22

http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=468
MALEFICENT TAKES CENTER STAGE IN FANTASMIC!

A spectacular new fire-breathing dragon takes center stage in “Fantasmic!” – the long-running spectacular presented on the “Rivers of America” in New Orleans Square and Frontierland in Disneyland. “Fantasmic!” combines Disney characters, live performers and amazing special effects with high-definition digital images from classic Disney movies, projected on giant mist screens. The dragon, inspired by “Sleeping Beauty,” stretches as high as 45 feet tall, is capable of a wide range of movement and breathes a 35-foot-long plume of fire that ignites the Rivers of America.

Maleficent is scheduled to appear nightly Sept. 1 through Sept. 7, with shows continuing weekends through the end of 2009.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom