Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

stevehousse

Is there any official start day for the 60th celebration besides just May 2015? We r trying to plan our trip and we planning on either end of April or beginning of May? Honestly, we really just want to make sure that if the new parade is there that we get to see it!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Is there any official start day for the 60th celebration besides just May 2015? We r trying to plan our trip and we planning on either end of April or beginning of May? Honestly, we really just want to make sure that if the new parade is there that we get to see it!

Unfortunately, an actual date hasn't been announced yet. The celebration starts in May, so you need to rule April out.

jrh1985

Quote From MiceAge: Meanwhile, backstage, work continues on the new crowd control alleyways being built behind both sides of Main Street USA. These new alleyways will be pressed into use throughout the day during the 60th, as TDA’s entertainment team plans for multiple new parades and a lavish new fireworks show. It’s that one-two punch of a new night parade and a massive new fireworks show that will put the alleys into the heaviest use, as Disneyland’s crowd control team will need all the help they can get herding the crowds from Fantasmic! to the night parade to the new fireworks back to a second Fantasmic! and a second showing of the night parade.

According to MiceAge, Sounds like DL is going back to their 90's Schedule! FINALLY!! Just hope that DL confirms it soon! Also, thought the part about multiple new parades was interesting. Is Soundsational's going confirmed? I know that was a recent rumor.

GiveMeTheMusic

Go read the new MiceAge Update this morning. Frozen is coming to DCA this Christmas.

There's a lot of other news in the update too. Most of us should probably sit down while we read it. http://micechat.com/77851-marvel-at-disneyland-resort/

A Marvel rock 'n' roller coaster? A lot of people need to be fired. Marvel deserves an innovative, mind-blowing E Ticket, not some indoor lightly themed headbanger. Lame.

Travel Junkie

Some thoughts on the Miceage update:

The Frozen miniland for Christmas makes sense and will be very popular. I don’t think what they are rumored to be planning has that long of a shelf life though. If they extend it past Christmas, the meet and greet is the only thing that will remain busy.

I wish they would flip flop Star Wars and Marvel. Neither are perfect fits, but Marvel works a little better in TL than in DCA and Star Wars could be the TL of DCA. Yes Star Wars is not California, but I would prefer it there over 2 Sci-Fi ish lands in DL. I realize space is a concern at DCA though if they are thinking big. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if the Lucasfilm acquisition came before Cars Land was greenlit.

If the entrance to Star Wars land is going to be at Big Thunder Ranch, then that screams Tatooine as at least the entry location as it can transition from Frontierland into Star Wars.

As much as I enjoy Rock n’ Rollercoaster, C’mon Disney, stop recycling ideas and give Marvel the innovative mindblowing attraction it deserves.

“Meanwhile, backstage, work continues on the new crowd control alleyways being built behind both sides of Main Street USA. These new alleyways will be pressed into use throughout the day during the 60th, as TDA’s entertainment team plans for multiple new parades and a lavish new fireworks show. It’s that one-two punch of a new night parade and a massive new fireworks show that will put the alleys into the heaviest use, as Disneyland’s crowd control team will need all the help they can get herding the crowds from Fantasmic! to the night parade to the new fireworks back to a second Fantasmic! and a second showing of the night parade.”

The way this is worded leads me to believe the other new parade besides the night parade is either a new one for DCA or a new DL holiday parade to replace the current one. They specifically don’t mention a new day parade at DL and leave it at TDA has multiple new parades.

I’m in on a new Muppets movie. It appears they are souring again on Monstropolis mini land.

ddd8170

Quote From MiceAge: Meanwhile, backstage, work continues on the new crowd control alleyways being built behind both sides of Main Street USA. These new alleyways will be pressed into use throughout the day during the 60th, as TDA’s entertainment team plans for multiple new parades and a lavish new fireworks show. It’s that one-two punch of a new night parade and a massive new fireworks show that will put the alleys into the heaviest use, as Disneyland’s crowd control team will need all the help they can get herding the crowds from Fantasmic! to the night parade to the new fireworks back to a second Fantasmic! and a second showing of the night parade.

According to MiceAge, Sounds like DL is going back to their 90's Schedule! FINALLY!! Just hope that DL confirms it soon! Also, thought the part about multiple new parades was interesting. Is Soundsational's going confirmed? I know that was a recent rumor.

WOW! That seems like A LOT packed into one evening though! Two Fantasmics, two parades, and fireworks.

I actually don't think anything has been confirmed haha. The only thing I hadn't heard anything about is Soundsational. It's highly likely that Disneyland will get some version of Paint the Night, and a new fireworks show, but as for a day parade I've heard nothing. It would make sense though, it's been running for 3+ years and now there's a new huge promotion that may produce something timeless.

lazyboy97o

Yup - Monstropolis is (mercifully) dead again. Hopefully it never comes back up.
Although it's just astounding that there seems to be no strong desire to top The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Marvel Rock 'n Rollercoaster just sounds like an indoor rip off of the Incredible Hulk that just won't age as well if they buy the same Vekoma coaster.

GiveMeTheMusic

Although it's just astounding that there seems to be no strong desire to top The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Marvel Rock 'n Rollercoaster just sounds like an indoor rip off of the Incredible Hulk that just won't age as well if they buy the same Vekoma coaster.

Agreed, another astonishingly crappy and unimaginative idea. Who's running WDI anyway?

"No one can touch us."

- Bruce Vaughn

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom