Disneyland with a toddler!

SierraR

Original Poster
Hi All!

I have been to Disneyland so many times with my parents, friends, and other family members but I have never been with a smaller child! I am about to take my nephew and was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to make it the best experience for them or some things to do that I may not usually do with only older people! Thanks!!

Mickey_777

We took our son to Disneyland/DCA when he was about 6 months old and later to WDW when he was about 2 years old. As long as you keep him well fed (plenty of snacks between meals), and give him time to nap in his stroller you should be fine. Just make sure you cover him up if it's cool or shade if it's warm. Also, my son would want to get out of his stroller every now and then to walk around and stretch his legs. He has a blast at the parks (we all do) 'cause he can ride on most the attractions and recognizes most of the characters now. Have fun and be willing to adapt. I'm sure your nephew will let you know when he's hungry or tired etc...roll with the punches and don't sweat if you can't ride something at that particular time 'cause you have to tend to him. Just go back later and people watch in the meantime or check out a shop/grab a bite. The parks make this easy IMO

teacherlady19

A friend of ours has been taking her daughter since she was a baby. The little girl is now 4 and knows all the characters, has a favorite ride, and has become a Disney-fiend/friend like her mom. Our friend's advice was to be flexible, enjoy Fantasyland through your child's eyes, take lots of snacks and drinks along in the stroller, and go back to places people without kids miss.

Donna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom