News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

Where did you read about the Witch in the boat being removed? Not that I'm expecting that to remain, but the only things we really know about are the scenes between the cottage and the mine (and the closing scenes). The Witch in the boat doesn't come until later.

It also makes me wonder how the castle and the scary forest will fit into the equation.

I'm also wondering if the Dwarfs will actually appear in the final goodbye scene. I hope they at least include Dopey. Did they scrap the waving Dopey figure from the 1994-2012 version of the WDW ride? If not, they could reuse it here.

We don’t know for sure. I’m just assuming she’s gone. I don’t think we see the dwarfs in either of the last two seems in the concept art so probably not.

Sharon&Susan

Anyone recognize where this is supposed to be in Snow White?
Dwarfsnow.jpg

My best guess is just after the mining sequence where the Vault was in Scary Adventure, there's even a similar looking tree (R.I.P Vultures if this is the same scene):
Vault.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Anyone recognize where this is supposed to be in Snow White?
View attachment 520490
My best guess is just after the mining sequence where the Vault was in Scary Adventure, there's even a similar looking tree (R.I.P Vultures if this is the same scene):
View attachment 520491
Given the tree on the right side, it appears to be on the left wall just before the new Dwarfs-on-Log projection. Look at the tree on the left in this screenshot from the ride before - presumably the Shadows will be to the left of it, and the Dwarfs themselves are where the Castle Mural was:

Dwarfsnow edit.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 2.46.15 AM.png

Since it appears this whole scene is now lighter than it used to be, both in literal brightness and in tone, and has the presence of the Dwarfs extending all along it, it seems safe to assume the figure of the Queen looking in the Cottage Window has been removed.

Rich T

The name is really a non-issue for me.
Oh, not for me, because the name gets right to the root of the problem, and the cluelessness of the people in charge. “Snow White’s Enchanted Wish” is the single worst name for a ride I’ve ever heard. It sounds like a terrible direct-to-video sequel. The person who chose that name should not be allowed to name anything ever again.

Forget having a scary adventure, kids, that’s too challenging. You get to have an enchanted wish!

You know Snow White’s real wish is? For better people in charge at Imagineering!

brb1006

Ok, I admit that if the ride now really ends with the Witch getting run over by the newest Disney cruise ship, then the name makes total sense. NOW I get it.
Or Dopey beating the stuffing out of the Witch.
tumblr_pbyp5dr0K31wzypxlo1_400.gifv

Real Talk, I seriously wished Disney made that scene became an actual video game when they used to have their own video game studio/division.

Also Disney can you please "Runaway Brain" on Disney+! The only way most people were able to watch that short was "The Walt Disney Treasures" DVD Collection .

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
By that logic, Batu was never in Star Wars, so Galaxy's Edge shouldn't exist.
Batuu is part of the canon now. Not only because the medium of a theme park is being used to tell the larger SW story, making it its own canonization, but canon books set in the SW universe also use Batuu as a setting.

GE was never meant to be a storybook version of one particular movie, but Snow White: The Ride is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom