Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Didn't notice the packages on sale at the expo, but it was so hot inside that place all I wanted to do was get outside again. What are the dates? I'm trying to convince a friend to do it for her 50th. Yes, I quite liked to corrals around the lake for the 5 km, but I only have last year's half and this year's half to compare it to, so I didn't realize this year it was different (other than being at night rather than early morning).

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@RunningKoen - Thanks! And great picture during the 5 km. I looked around to see if I saw your costume on Friday night, but I did not. I couldn't believe some of the costumes I saw during the half - and clearly some people didn't think what it'd be like to run in costume (I'm referring to you guy on the bear's shoulder - what were you thinking??) ;)

RunningKoen

The 2018 edition will have a 5K, 10K en 21K race. And two challenges: the 31K and the 36K one.

The 36K version will be unique one within the runDisney brand.

If they will give out legacy status in the future; people can get a legacy for the Half marathon in 2020, legacy for the 31K challenge in 2021 and legacy for the 36K in 2022. Three years in a row a 5th anniversary celibration.

RunningKoen

runDisney is our problem-free philosophy :)

PS: extra happy with Timon! Saw him during WDW marathon but couldnt make a photo: he took a break. Took me 39+ mile to get this pictures.

qsJlvI2.jpg

RunningKoen

@RunningKoen - is that a photopass picture or with your phone? Because I cannot seem to get my photos in my cart to be able to download them ... :mad:

Photopass, I never used my phone during runs. I made 10 stops and lots about 60 seconds max. during two races for this.

Select all the photos you wanna download, add them to your cart. Check out the cart with the 'download all' option and you'll get a confirmation mail. That mail contains the download link to a zip with all the files

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Grr. I don't seem to have an option to add all to my cart (I have a select all to visualize but then adding to my cart does nothing - there are none in the cart.)

Of course it took days until I had those options available so maybe I'll wait another day or so...

RunningKoen

Grr. I don't seem to have an option to add all to my cart (I have a select all to visualize but then adding to my cart does nothing - there are none in the cart.)

Of course it took days until I had those options available so maybe I'll wait another day or so...

It doest show. I had to select all, then go to view/order. With all those selected, there was a button to add them to the cart. My cart only showed 'download all' option but that worked and gave me the correct download link

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It doest show. I had to select all, then go to view/order. With all those selected, there was a button to add them to the cart. My cart only showed 'download all' option but that worked and gave me the correct download link

I don't seem to have a download all option and my add to cart button doesn't do anything either :(. But I'm glad it worked for you :).

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I just hate that you have to call to book so I've been putting it off ... I was just on hold with WDW and that is a fairly pleasant experience compared to DLP. They really need to do something about the soundtrack when you are waiting to speak to someone...

RunningKoen

That's why I always booked with travel agents with sites. I tried to book the half marathon DLP 2016 but it was to bad, I looked up a agency.

RunningKoen

Paris is listed for 2018 on the runDisney site aswell.

They are using their own branding, magic run weekend, but still nice to see runDisney itself confirms the 2018 weekend with the hiatus upcoming.

Lots of extra Americans will come while there is no Coast to Coast left, only Castle to Chateau

Greenlawler

Paris is listed for 2018 on the runDisney site aswell.

They are using their own branding, magic run weekend, but still nice to see runDisney itself confirms the 2018 weekend with the hiatus upcoming.

Lots of extra Americans will come while there is no Coast to Coast left, only Castle to Chateau

Yep we are two of those Americans!

Okay so here you go I am going to be pelting you with questions.

Here are a few for today.

Which resort? Trying to save money, is Sequoia worth the extra price over Cheyenne?

We are huge Disney buffs and will want to see everything, how many days will it take us?

Getting to and from the airport, how much and how?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
To add to @Greenlawler's questions, I'd like to add

1. I'd be flying VA to Heathrow, spend a fews day in London and then take the Chunnel to Calais. Would there be trains from Calais to a location near DLP?

2. Hotel/tickets packages?

3. Food on property? Good, bad, indifferent?

Now, @Swissmiss, don't get your hopes up. If daughter is expecting by 1st of the year, race date would be too close to delivery date for grandma to go fly off to Europe for a week.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'd say yes, the Sequoia is worth the extra money - particularly for its location, but Cheyenne isn't all that much further (at least it doesn't seem to be and my only reference is running past it twice during this year and last year's half marathon. As for how many days it will take you, it'll depend on whether you are coming before the races or staying after. In general, that time of the year the weekends are just awful but the weekdays have very light crowds. So for example if you were able to do the parks Wed-Fri, you'd problably get in everything you want to and then some.

Can't help you with your airport question, as I either drive or take the train to DLP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom