Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier

sammysmom1

Original Poster
I was planning on staying club level at Paradise Pier for our 1st trip to Disneyland in August, but am now wondering if Disneyland Hotel would be better. How do these resorts compare? Which has easier access to the parks? Better pool??

Californian Elitist

Neither of these hotels are particularly close to the parks, especially Paradise Pier. A lot of the offsite hotels are much closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

With that being said, I'd go with the Disneyland Hotel, if I had a choice between the two.

Thumper14

I have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. We did stay at the Paradise Pier and found it delightful. You just walk across the street and use the Grand California entrance into DCA or walk out to Downtown Disney and ride the monorail into the Disneyland. We never spend much time in the pools. You are very close to Downtown Disney with all the Resort hotels, which I find very convenient. Now that we are empty nesters we stay at the Grand Californian.

sammysmom1

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the hours for the concierge service is at Paradise Pier? With us being at the parks all day, I am wondering if we will receive enough benefit from that.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I have done both, and I would recommend the Disneyland Hotel because it's Conceirge Lounge is much larger and the view from the top floor overlooking the entire resort is fantastic. It's a great place to take a break in the middle of the day.

The lounge in the Paradise Pier hotel is on the 2nd floor, right above the lobby, it doesn't feel as special.

Tom

Beta Return
Disneyland Hotel is nicer overall, including the rooms and pool area. Paradise Pier is about a 10-minute shorter walk to the parks. If you get a room on the theme park side of Paradise Pier, it offers a great view of DCA.

kkocka

If I'm correct, the pricing for both hotels are pretty darn close. So close in fact that you may as well choose the Disneyland Hotel - I'm a broken record in saying that the hotel's renovation is the best thing ever. Explore every nook and cranny and admire the work and process.

dweezil78

Disneyland Hotel by a longshot. Paradise Pier is really nothing special and was formerly a non-Disney hotel converted into one. (Technically you could say the same about DH, but you know what I mean... ) :)

Disneyland Hotel is just dripping with Disney at every turn. And the renovation has been great. Can't say enough good things about it.

That said, if you have the money, go for Grand Californian. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom