Disneyland Creates New App

Travel Junkie

Original Poster
Although not confirmed by Disney as of yet, it appears DLR will launch a new smart phone app August 4th.

In addition to the normal features you would expect, it will allow AP's to link their cards and use only their phone to gain entry into the parks.

It is not know if will be folded into the WDW My Disney experience app or a be new app.

content taken from mouseinfo.com

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2015/0...r-park-entry-wait-times-dining-info-and-more/

GiveMeTheMusic

From what I understand this will be a new app, separate from MDE. Its launch is in preparation for DLR's Fastpass+ test, which I've been told will start around the time of D23.

Regardless, stoked to be able to use my phone to get park entry instead of getting out my pass. I've (incredibly) left my AP in the car twice, and this means I can still get in even if I leave my AP at home. That's one of those "finally" things.

An official wait time app will be helpful as well.

Travel Junkie

Original Poster
CLQ7cZ0UsAAK7fJ.jpg

above taken from @dlthings on twitter

Yeah looks like the first step towards FP+.

TP2000

I love that they are calling it the "Disneland App". Instead of some silly marketing drivel made up, mashed up name like MyMagic+.

The Disneyland App. Simple, meaningful, and obvious. Bravo to whomever fought off the boneheads in Marketing who probably wanted to call it something dumb like MyDisneyland+ or SmartPixieDust+ or AnotherChurroPleaseFunApp.

gsrjedi

Really liking this idea. You still need your AP for discounts & fastpass. It would be nice if they could print out a temporary one for the day if you forget yours at home, like how it prints out tickets for people who buy day passes in the app.

When I used MDE in WDW, I loved how easy it was to switch fp+ around on my phone. Though I never used a kiosk, the idea of going to a nearby kiosk to check fastpass availability for rides on the other side of the park without having to walk all that way, appeals to me. I wouldn't be upset if they eventually have the ability to use your phone's park ticket (or smart watch) to get in and get/use fast passes. Hopefully mobile payments get to a point where I can use my phone/watch to tap the reader for payment and tell the system I have an AP (for discounts) in one swoop.

Kman101

Similar but not the same as MDE. Even without an existing Disneyland pass you can log-in with your MDE e-mail/password.

bosox

Downloaded the new app for android this morning and it seems to run fine on my samsung galaxy 5. It has nice interactive park maps of DL, DCA and the immediate hotel area. It displays wait times for attractions, location of characters, shops, restaurants and restrooms etc. You can make dining reservations through the app and link your annual passes. If just want a wait time app the disney wait time app is more streamlined and the wait times seemed to pretty much agree with the official disney app. Overall first impression is pretty good and Im interested to use it in park during our next visit.

Last edited:

Axoman

I'm very happy there is an official app for Disneyland again. I miss Disney Mobile Magic. I hope they incorporate some of the features that Disney Mobile Magic had. I'd like to see them add restaurant menus into the app as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom