Disneyland Berlin (open brainstorming)

Spike-in-Berlin

What about Shanghai? How close is that to Hong Kong?

And where Adventureland is concerned, maybe we could take cues from other parks in the area and see how they do things.

The distance between Hong Kong and Shanghai is roughly 800 miles I believe, thats a longer (but not that much longer) distance than the one between Paris and Berlin. But China has a population of about 1.300.000.000. Thats a LOT of potential visitors and enough to justify two parks. In Europe the situation is different, especially with a high-speed railway connecting Berlin and Paris that reduces travel time to less than 6 hours. There are not enough potential visitors to guarantee enough visitors to fill two parks.

Concerning Adventureland you should definitely do a LOT of it as a indoor-area because any even suptropic flora would not survive our winters with temperatures down to -5 degrees fahrenheit and Adventureland in Paris shows, that an Adventureland without a real tropical feeling is just not Adventureland. When I started to design my own DL Berlin I planned to put most of AL in a huge building and make it a land of permanent night just like the Mexican pavilion in EPCOT because it is much easier to fake a nightsky than a daylight sky. You definitely should include some (indoor) tropical journey like the JC because it is something that is missing in DLP and it takes away most of the adventureous, outpost-of-civilization the MK and DL ALs have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom