DisneyBand+ is now on-sale for guests sailing on the Disney Dream starting 11/20.

JaxFLBear

Original Poster
DisneyBand+ is now on-sale for guests sailing on the Disney Dream starting 11/20. Enjoy more convenience and magic while onboard your cruise!
Pro tip: when you order in advance, you can choose from the widest selection of designs and have your name engraved on the back! Learn more: http://di.sn/6009u6xTJ

ChuckElias

Are the classic ships equipped for MagicBand+ ? I'll be on the Magic in January, but I'm guessing that we won't be able to use them.

JaxFLBear

Original Poster
Are the classic ships equipped for MagicBand+ ? I'll be on the Magic in January, but I'm guessing that we won't be able to use them.
DisneyBand+/MagicBand+ officially rolls out on the Disney Magic starting with the 10/22/2023 (this Sunday) sailing. The Disney Wonder is the only ship that doesn't have a DB+/MB+ launch date.

JaxFLBear

Original Poster
Can a MagicBand+ that is purchased for a cruise also be used later in the parks? (And vice versa?)
DCL actually uses the WDW band ordering process, so any band purchased for a cruise reservation is automatically linked to MDE and is ready for use at WDW. Also, any MB+ purchased through a WDW reservation or manually linked to MDE will automatically appear on the DisneyBand+ page when logged on to your DCL account.

They can also be used at DLR by manually linking them in the DLR app.

Indy_UK

good to see this making its way across the fleet but they really need to work and make it a replacement option to the KTTW card.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The Office Thumbs Down GIF

The card works just fine. Less than zero desire to have yet another insipid, overpriced band. I will use the cards until I cannot.

C&D

This is mine, on the Fantasy, in September. Other than having to charge the band (which really isn't too annoying), it worked well.

p.s. In the Animation dining restaurant, during the show, the bands light up and 'dance' with the presentation. This function will probably be expanded in other venues (on the Ship(s) and probably in the Parks). You don't need the bands but they do infuse a little fun into the experience.
IMG_0036 - Copy.JPG

JohnD

The nice thing about having the band is that I could keep the KTTW card inserted into the slot by the door to operate the lights at all times in my stateroom while I went around the ship. Then use the band as you would expect for charges and unlocking your door. I found the reverse is true for port excursions. Leave your band in your stateroom. You can't use it in port anyway and you could risk losing it. You have to take your KTTW card with you for ID to determine when you disembark and reembark the ship. Plus it lets you back into your room when you return.

JohnD

good to see this making its way across the fleet but they really need to work and make it a replacement option to the KTTW card.
I don't think they will. The reason is this. It's their way of determining who has disembarked and reembarked the ship when at port. Plus, I found after my first port excursion I was better off leaving my band in my room. You can't use it in port and you could risk losing it. The exception is Castaway Cay. It's a Disney location, albeit still in the Bahamas, so okay to take your band there but you still need the KTTW card for ID. The KTTW is your electronic ship ID and, of course, it lets you back into your room when you return.

ChuckElias

The nice thing about having the band is that I could keep the KTTW card inserted into the slot by the door to operate the lights at all times in my stateroom while I went around the ship.
Pro tip: You can use ANY card with a magnetic strip. Doesn't have to be your KTTW card. So you could put your old Blockbuster card 😂🤣😅😆😅😂🤣😆 in there if you don't have a band and you want to hold on to your KTTW card.

ChuckElias

So we bought MagicBands for our recent cruise. I have to say it was a huge disappointment to me. My band did not light up one time during the cruise (I wore it the whole time and charged it). My wife's did light up a lot, but mine was a complete dud. Plus, at the start of our cruise, the bands worked for unlocking the door, etc, but our key cards did not. Went to Guest Services and was told that we chose to use the bands, so the cards wouldn't do anything. That didn't seem right to me, so I asked her to double-check, which she did and then told me the bands needed to be re-"synced" (my word, not hers) to get them both to work. So she did something, but it didn't actually change anything. So we went back a second time and that person was able to get them both to work for us.

I would not recommend spending $45 on a Magic Band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom