Disney YES program

wjaye918

Original Poster
My daughter's elementary school is planning a grade level field trip to Disney World for the YES program in March.

Has anyone ever participated in this program? If so, can you provide any details?

Thanks!

ImaYoyo

My daughter's elementary school is planning a grade level field trip to Disney World for the YES program in March.

Has anyone ever participated in this program? If so, can you provide any details?

Thanks!
My job at times involves the YES program... I've seen a couple. Do you know which program your daughter is participating in? If you'd like program descriptions and accredations, visit http://www.disneyyes.com/ and the 4 categories are on the left-side of the screen.

YESMan

I would recommend the program to anyone, though I might be somewhat biased as a former YES Facilitator.

What program are they planning on taking?

wjaye918

Original Poster
I am not sure. I didn't know there were different ones. They mentioned behind the scenes at Haunted Mansion, riding Space Mountain with a cup of water, and Hall of Presidents. I'll look at that web site and see if I can tell.

dizpins14

My mom is a teacher and she brings her students to do the YES program so I've been on them a couple times when I was younger. I see you're from Louisiana....we might be talking about the same trip.

ImaYoyo

I am not sure. I didn't know there were different ones. They mentioned behind the scenes at Haunted Mansion, riding Space Mountain with a cup of water, and Hall of Presidents. I'll look at that web site and see if I can tell.
The haunted mansion program is Energy and Waves, and is different than the program including Space Mountain (Properties of Motion), and the Hall of President's program is a 3rd program, which I can't think of the name off-hand.

wjaye918

Original Poster
It looks like maybe we are doing the Energy and Waves program, but I am not sure. It is a group of 4th graders that are going.
Does anyone know if parents get to do the things the kids do or do the parents wait somewhere else?

YESMan

It's actually Big Thunder Mountain with the Water and Space Mountain with the lights on. It taught the old 6 hr physics program back in the last 90s.

wjaye918

Original Poster
The haunted mansion program is Energy and Waves, and is different than the program including Space Mountain (Properties of Motion), and the Hall of President's program is a 3rd program, which I can't think of the name off-hand.

Is there any way that they do them all? Those were things the teacher mentioned they did last year. She also mentioned Disney Quest.

ImaYoyo

Is there any way that they do them all? Those were things the teacher mentioned they did last year. She also mentioned Disney Quest.
It is possible. 1 program is included with the price, additional programs are an extra charge. I don't recall recently any groups requesting multiple programs, but I don't necessarily see that kind of thing unless I'm looking for it. Could be:)

As far as disney quest, no programs there, BUT they probably are doing the premium ticket, which includes DQ and/or water park admission.

wjaye918

Original Poster
Thanks for your time and all of the info. I am really looking forward to it.
Disney World is our favorite place to travel so this different experience will be really neat!:)

dizpins14

Yall are doing three different workshops on three different days, I think. If you are a chaparone you get to do the workshops with the students. Then for the days you don't have workshops there are certain things my mom requires the students to see that she feels is educational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom