Disney world vs disneyland

Livelovedisney

Hi everyone. I've been to disneyland when I was a kid and my parents never really planned anything for it. We just went to the park and play it by ear. I haven't been in ages, but what's the difference in planning a trip for Disney World vs Disneyland? My sil is coming along with my nephews and they've been to disneyland but not disney world. I'm just trying to figure out what I need to let her know. I've spent months doing research on WDW and getting ready for it. They kind of told us last minute that they want to join us (after the 60 day mark). So far flights/hotel/tickets have been booked. Next on the list is ADR and fast pass, which I am aware that we are limited to what we can do at this point. We are on the 45 day mark now, and well I haven't been able to discuss fast pass plans with her yet. So I really hope to get a phone call this weekend to go over all the plans.

Jahona

Disneyland there isn't much planning besides what attractions your going to rush to get Fastpasses for. As for Disney World, your picking FP and dining reservations a head of time a long with what park your going to be visiting on what day. While there is more planning involved I never felt like I couldn't be flexible when in the parks. I would look at wait times on the MDE app to get wait times and choose the best standby line to go to.

The only real issue with not choosing FP or Dining Reservations a head of time is lack of availability. Popular rides and attraction might not be available depending on how close you are to your arrival date.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Since you'll be booking things very late in the game...you might want to become very comfortable with the website since stalking for ADRs and FPs is usually the name of the game if you have anything you really want. I've actually had great luck with last minute stalking for both, but you really need to be persistent. Alternately, there is an ADR Sniper paid service on some site called something like WDW Tools. If anything is REALLY important to you, you may consider that service.

Upvote 0

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Since you'll be booking things very late in the game...you might want to become very comfortable with the website since stalking for ADRs and FPs is usually the name of the game if you have anything you really want. I've actually had great luck with last minute stalking for both, but you really need to be persistent. Alternately, there is an ADR Sniper paid service on some site called something like WDW Tools. If anything is REALLY important to you, you may consider that service.
Haha....I've been stalking ADRS for a couple months now....a couple more weeks wouldn't hurt. The question now is where do we wanna go eat. We haven't exactly finalize this.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Best way I can put it is you can be done with DL is 2 days possibly even 1 day if you go offseason. WDW on the other hand you can go to for a whole week and still not do everything you want. The options are endless at WDW. Resorts, parks, dining, rides, etc.

Upvote 0

NelsonRD

Best way I can put it is you can be done with DL is 2 days possibly even 1 day if you go offseason. WDW on the other hand you can go to for a whole week and still not do everything you want. The options are endless at WDW. Resorts, parks, dining, rides, etc.

I disagree. Disneyland, although smaller, still has plenty of attractions and things to do that will fill more than 2 days. Many people underestimate Disneyland and California Adventure, and leave only experiencing the headliners. You can do Disney World in 2 days too, if you only hit the headliners.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

Being a frequent WDW visitor, and also having been to DL once, I found that two days was good to do just about everything we wanted to do at DL/DCA, but a third day would have been perfect to hit the high points again. DCA is probably my favorite park now outside of MK, but Epcot is a close third.

Get as familiar with dates for WDW dining, FP+ bookings as you can, and book when the window opens for best selection- particularly if you want to eat at BoG and if you want to ride TSMM or 7DMT it helps.

Upvote 0

Mukta

There is no way you can hit all of the attractions, shows, resorts, dining etc in DL in 1 to 2 days.

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just returned from Disneyland for the 2nd time today and thought this thread would be an appropriate place to post a comparison of similar attractions based on what I rode...

Space Mountain: DLR >>> WDW
Star Tours: DLR = WDW
Winnie the Pooh: DLR < WDW
Indiana Jones (Dinosaur): DLR >> WDW
Pirates of the Caribbean: DLR >>> WDW
The Haunted Mansion: DLR << WDW
The Enchanted Tiki Room: DLR > WDW

After all that.. I have to say the Roger Rabbit ride was VERY underwhelming. Mickey and the Magic Map was good. The Star Wars film next to Space Mountain is not worth any time... and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is shockingly a VERY good show and the BEST way to end your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom