Disney World Lounges.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Does anyone have a list of Disney World Lounges throughout the parks that are still in use. I recently saw picks of the GM Lounge in Test Track, which I thought was closed down. Also, on my last trip, someone said there is an elevator where Soaring is that will take you to a private lounge, but there was a code or something that needed to be pressed on the elevator.

Does anyone know which lounges are still open and how to get into them?

stichrules

on the one for the test track you must be a GM employee or at least have a GM ID and must show it before you are allowed access to it. Only soft drinks and water ar available. Nice AC area to relax out of the heat. Not sure on soarin.

raven

No lounge at Soarin' but there used to be a lounge in The Land but it's now office space. The GM Test Track lounge is still there and was renovated last year. Seas has one that's used for corporate and rentals as well as Norway. There's an old one in UoE and a newly refurbished on at Spaceship Earth as well. Mission Space has one too.

graphite1326

I visited a lounge (sort of). It was the AAA lounge that was in tomorrowland. I believe it was just to the right of the stage or maybe the bathrooms (I can't remember). There was a place to relax and grab a soda. Had to be a AAA member and booked thru them.

Tinkrbell

There used to be a fedex lounge by space mountain. It's now used as a break area for entertainment during the holiday parties. There's a pretty cool mirrored hallway that leads to the queue for the ride.

MattC

There is a Chase Lounge during Food & Wine at the America Pavilion in the World Showcase. We just showed them our Disney Visa Card and went in for some AC and those cool soda machines that mix up your drinks.

Is there a charge for the use of these cool soda machines?

Cmdr_Crimson

There is a Lounge in Wonders of Life that's not used unless a special event is going on...It use to have more of a Circus-Esqe theme to it..
wonders+retreat.jpg

The former Kodak Imagination Pavilion VIP Lounge..
tumblr_m8832sRo881qc0er4.jpg

The Seas wih Nemo VIP Lounge..You can get to see this on the Epcot Behind the Scenes tour..
Living-Seas-Salon-6-cropped-1000x563.jpg

MattC

Nope! Free and use it as many times as you like :) We grabbed a cup and took it with us outside after we rested.

Awesome! We just signed up for the Disney Chase a couple of months ago. Looking forward to taking advantage of this. Will it be open again during this years F&W?

belledream

Awesome! We just signed up for the Disney Chase a couple of months ago. Looking forward to taking advantage of this. Will it be open again during this years F&W?
Being the Festival's sponsor, I would definitely assume so. Whether or not it will be in the America Pavilion is another question, as I do believe it was once located in the Festival Center itself. But it worked well in the America Pavilion IMO because it's right in the middle of all the F&W hubbub and it offered nice views of the World Showcase!

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
For the GM Lounge, do you need to also have a fast pass to get on the ride? Or because you are in the lounge, you get to go on regardless?

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
I visited a lounge (sort of). It was the AAA lounge that was in tomorrowland. I believe it was just to the right of the stage or maybe the bathrooms (I can't remember). There was a place to relax and grab a soda. Had to be a AAA member and booked thru them.

So being a AAA member doesn't get you into the lounge, the trip has to be booked through them?

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
There used to be a passholder lounge in Animal Kingdom. It was to the left as you came in, either by Island Mercantile or Pizzafari. Just an open air area where you could get drinks and rest in the shade for a bit.

The Chase lounge at F&W was nice also because it had cell phone chargers!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The AAA lounge hasn't been in Tomorrowland for many years now. I think it closed shortly after our trip in 2006. We never went in the lounge, we tried but they closed at 4 or 5 pm, we tried going later than that.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There is a Chase Lounge during Food & Wine at the America Pavilion in the World Showcase. We just showed them our Disney Visa Card and went in for some AC and those cool soda machines that mix up your drinks.
Is there a charge for the use of these cool soda machines?
These are called Coke Freestyle machines. They are in many fast food restaurants in the Atlanta area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom