Disney World Hauntings

bluesnut

Oh and I should add He had to have been there for us because my grandpa HATED FLORIDA and HATED WDW. He even went so far as to schedule surgery one time to try to keep from going on our annual trip.

BenS

Originally posted by WDW*babe
I'm such a sucker for ghost stories! I LOVE them! Anymore anyone? I think it would be interesting to work in "haunted" place!

I'd make friends with the ghost, and have him/her destroy my enemies :lookaroun

Nah, I'm kidding, how could anyone be enemies with Ben? :D

Slipknot

Can you like separate the entities or can you just tell they are there. Also can you tell if they are guests workers or like pre existing spirits from before the park opened(like came with the land).

That I cannot tell. All I know is that they are there.

Here's a question, is it just limited to the MK? What about Epcot? Also, any news on wether or not those spirits are from those who died there, or just retured there?

Well WDWResort has a WHOLE lot of entities. But the MK has... shall we say more of a blanket of entities.

Epcot... Horizons has had its share.. but since they tore the building down and I havent been on MS yet... you get the idea. SE I cant really tell but i always, always(!!!!!!!) get a weird sensation after the Roman scene where it smells of fire. I haven't been since 2000 so i cant really tell until i go to see about anything else, soon hopefully.

MGM... There is a HUGE collective energy between ToT and RnRC. And yes there is SOMETHING in the alien scene somewhere behind Ripley's AA

How about ghost on the People Mover? Ive heard a few idiot teenagers have died on it from jumping to car to car.

I get the feeling of a little child but no teens. And around the now gone skyway loading/unloading areas, there is something there too.

...is there any books on this subject for disney world? But keep the stories coming

There probably are, but they are rare if I haven't seen em...

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by Static-X
Can you like separate the entities or can you just tell they are there. Also can you tell if they are guests workers or like pre existing spirits from before the park opened(like came with the land).

That I cannot tell. All I know is that they are there.

Here's a question, is it just limited to the MK? What about Epcot? Also, any news on wether or not those spirits are from those who died there, or just retured there?

Well WDWResort has a WHOLE lot of entities. But the MK has... shall we say more of a blanket of entities.

Epcot... Horizons has had its share.. but since they tore the building down and I havent been on MS yet... you get the idea. SE I cant really tell but i always, always(!!!!!!!) get a weird sensation after the Roman scene where it smells of fire. I haven't been since 2000 so i cant really tell until i go to see about anything else, soon hopefully.

MGM... There is a HUGE collective energy between ToT and RnRC. And yes there is SOMETHING in the alien scene somewhere behind Ripley's AA

How about ghost on the People Mover? Ive heard a few idiot teenagers have died on it from jumping to car to car.

I get the feeling of a little child but no teens. And around the now gone skyway loading/unloading areas, there is something there too.

...is there any books on this subject for disney world? But keep the stories coming

There probably are, but they are rare if I haven't seen em...

OMG... I get this huge rush of addrenilin when I pass by some of those places you mentioned. Especially the area between TOT and RRC.

Also with the SE scene of ancient rome during the dark ages. Thats unless its just the smell... lol

How about.... These places... Becuase this is where I get that awkward rush.

MK-
Where Mr. Toads Wild ride used to be?
Where the line for 20,000 leagues under the sea used to be located?
The Thunder Mountain Railroad line?
The line down to the boats of Its a small world?
The long tunnel line to inside of Space Mountain?
Future land center area?

MGM-
The Hunny I shrunk the kids movie set?
The backlot tour?
The sounds Dangerous Building?

Epcot-
The stairs leading up to the monerail?
The old Fountain?
Area outside under SE?
Hunny I shrunk the audience entrance before seeing the kodak film?
Inside Living Seas?

Thats all I could think of for now... Hopefully you will remember those ones..

BeachClub

OMG!

Sounds weird, but I too have weird feelings in ALL these places mentioned...especially in the eveing hours, or when the parks are thining out after hours.

I feel creepy feelings and goose bumps along with feelings of having to look over my shoulder as to who is watching or coming up to us.

I dont say anything to my kids, cause I dont want to freak them out....but .....

One of the most prevelant is in the HM..as we pass through the scene where the hallway and the doors are and you look down the hallway and see the moving chandelier. THAT IS INTENSE!!!
I almost have to look away, I am so creeped out.

Glad to know I am not nuts....:lookaroun

Testtrack321

Woah, that's wierd.... I have those feelings too, but mine's more around the gift shop of ToT. Hands down, I feel odd around the Epcot resorts the most.

Grim Grinner

I'm a bit sensitive too.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been sensitive to such things. My childhood has had more "weird" things than normal everyday occurances. So much, my wife gets scared when I start getting information and details that I shouldn't have.

Normally the entire Disney feeling knocks my senses outta whack, but once in awhile, I get a few odd feelings.

1. Mickey's Star Traders bothers me. The back section of the gift shop somehow always seems to be a little dark.

2. That hallway that connects Adventureland with Frontierland gives me that weird feeling, so much that I have to sit by the Family Treehouse whenever my wife has to ______.

3. Fantasyland, particularly by the sword in the stone gives me the feeling of what I call the "shaky-stillness." It's normally how my "radar" goes off the charts. I get a slight ringing in my ears, as if its too quiet- and it feels as if something is gently grasping my shoulders and rocking me back and forth. I've gotten used to it by now, but when I was a kid, there were certain places I would never go. (To Static- is this similar to what you feel?)

The area by 20K gives me the creeps, but maybe its because I miss the ride.

And who here has never seen the phantom tourists? Towards close, I'll often see an attractive girl when the crowds are down- only to turn away for a second- turn back and see her gone. It's only woman, but then again maybe I only notice them more. This is something I ran into a lot when I worked security at a mall in Oak Brook Illinois.

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Woah, that's wierd.... I have those feelings too, but mine's more around the gift shop of ToT. Hands down, I feel odd around the Epcot resorts the most.

How about the short walk from the Beach to Epcot?

bluesnut

I have had those kind of things since I was a kid too. Mine is like this odd tingle right at the small of my back, if it is really bad it is my whole back.

I can kinda pick up on odd situations that I have only explained as spirits in this way. But boy am I a bad one for Deja vu. I can have this dream and next thing I know it is absolutely 100% happening. I had it happen once where I was like thinking to myself well this is similar to my dream but my friends were talking about this... and as I was standing there thinking that they started to talk about it. If that wasn't an awkward feeling I don't know what was. My contact with the other world as we may say comes more in dreams than anything.

Epcot-
The stairs leading up to the monorail?
The old Fountain?
Area outside under SE?
Hunny I shrunk the audience entrance before seeing the kodak film?
Inside Living Seas?

I too have had feelings in those places.

bigbadwolf

Re: I'm a bit sensitive too.

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
Ever since I was a little kid, I've been sensitive to such things. My childhood has had more "weird" things than normal everyday occurances. So much, my wife gets scared when I start getting information and details that I shouldn't have.

Normally the entire Disney feeling knocks my senses outta whack, but once in awhile, I get a few odd feelings.

1. Mickey's Star Traders bothers me. The back section of the gift shop somehow always seems to be a little dark.

2. That hallway that connects Adventureland with Frontierland gives me that weird feeling, so much that I have to sit by the Family Treehouse whenever my wife has to ______.

3. Fantasyland, particularly by the sword in the stone gives me the feeling of what I call the "shaky-stillness." It's normally how my "radar" goes off the charts. I get a slight ringing in my ears, as if its too quiet- and it feels as if something is gently grasping my shoulders and rocking me back and forth. I've gotten used to it by now, but when I was a kid, there were certain places I would never go. (To Static- is this similar to what you feel?)

The area by 20K gives me the creeps, but maybe its because I miss the ride.

And who here has never seen the phantom tourists? Towards close, I'll often see an attractive girl when the crowds are down- only to turn away for a second- turn back and see her gone. It's only woman, but then again maybe I only notice them more. This is something I ran into a lot when I worked security at a mall in Oak Brook Illinois.

#s 2 and 3.... I forgot to mention those... I always avoid the sword and the carocel when I go to wdw. I havnt been on the carocel since I was 6 years old.

Tenny317

Hmm....I get some wierd feelings too at Disney, kind of like out of body experiences.. Maybe it's just beig in Disney, I don't know

I've had many wierd experiences at home, like I know when bad things are going to happen and its a very wierd and awful feeling. I def get that feeling in SSE towards the end. I get this feeling of hopelessness and emptiness like somethings wrong.
Haha...I know that sounds depressing but it's just what happens to me.

POTC line gets me a little creeped out like someone is following me. I always walk quickly through that line so I get to the boats fast. It's an odd feeling

dododododod.....scary music....haha :lookaroun

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by Tenny317
Hmm....I get some wierd feelings too at Disney, kind of like out of body experiences.. Maybe it's just beig in Disney, I don't know

I've had many wierd experiences at home, like I know when bad things are going to happen and its a very wierd and awful feeling. I def get that feeling in SSE towards the end. I get this feeling of hopelessness and emptiness like somethings wrong.

POTC line gets me a little creeped out like someone is following me. I always walk quickly through that line so I get to the boats fast. It's an odd feeling

dododododod.....scary music....haha :lookaroun

Same Same.... again... lol... Like the part when you lean back and look at the lights on the ceiling in SE... yea I know that feeling... You feel so light headed and hopeless.
For POTC-I know that feeling also... But not actually being followed, maybe a rush to run... Its uncontrolible... Like you WANT to run... But right when I run by the cannons liing in piles, I stop and look, then run again....

bluesnut

Originally posted by Tenny317
I def get that feeling in SSE towards the end. I get this feeling of hopelessness and emptiness like somethings wrong.

Oh me too especially when they used to have the tomorrows child thing at the end, sometimes I would even be crying by the time it finished when I was a kid.

BeachClub

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
How about the short walk from the Beach to Epcot?

YES! Agreed! really creapy...I get a feeling when I look towards the left corner by that long strip of grass prior to entering Epcot at International gateway....gezzz...I am getting the chills just thinking of it!
Also when I look across the water at International Gateway where they have the flowers arranged....its just creepy....something, something, makes me very uneasy....but I continue on ... not scared cause I am at disney and nothing bad happens there...but I do sense something spiritual.

bigbadwolf

The only ghost theroy I can think of is the BROKEN RECORD.
How the past keeps repeating over and over. Even if it can't be seen as much, It can be felt by people, but they just don't notice it.

WDW could be a hot spot, due to the amount of people who go there every year since it opened.

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by BeachClub
YES! Agreed! really creapy...I get a feeling when I look towards the left corner by that long strip of grass prior to entering Epcot at International gateway....gezzz...I am getting the chills just thinking of it!
Also when I look across the water at International Gateway where they have the flowers arranged....its just creepy....something, something, makes me very uneasy....but I continue on ... not scared cause I am at disney and nothing bad happens there...but I do sense something spiritual.

Now i'm having flash backs doing that in 2000! I wonder why I was so determend on that area? Its just like I said about POTC, it makes you want to move.... Or look...

bluesnut

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
The only ghost theory I can think of is the BROKEN RECORD.
How the past keeps repeating over and over. Even if it can't be seen as much, It can be felt by people, but they just don't notice it.

WDW could be a hot spot, due to the amount of people who go there every year since it opened.

There are several others. There is the one about someone dieing and not knowing they are dead. There is the one of just people coming back to visit. Then there is the one about vortexes where spirits come and go more frequently, kind of like a door into their demention. This one and the one you mentioned are probably most likely to blame.

bigbadwolf

They should have a show filmed at WDW about ghost... Like those one on Travel Channel! They should have a physic walk around and host the show, maybe tell some stories by some of the cast members!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom