Disney World Has Gotten Too Expensive

erasure fan1

I keep seeing the story about Wendy’s going to “surge pricing” and it makes me think of this thread and laugh. “It is now noon in July in Disney! Your Diet Coke is $400. Thanks and have a magical day!!” 😂
The funny part is I remember reading many years ago, the vending machine companies were planning to put a temperature sensor in the soda machines so on hot days they could increase the prices. I really am shocked Disney hasn't tried something like this yet. Lol

Lilofan

The funny part is I remember reading many years ago, the vending machine companies were planning to put a temperature sensor in the soda machines so on hot days they could increase the prices. I really am shocked Disney hasn't tried something like this yet. Lol
Save you money. Just bring in powered packets of lemonade , etc and ask cast member for a free cup of ice water.

TalkToEthan

. And the wait times are high because of less to do in general and rides not utilizing full capacity.

Can you give examples?

Do you mean not utilizing the full capacity due to break downs/out of comnmission or more like short staffing a ride to where instead of say 5 Thunder Mnt trains there is 4 circulating?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can you give examples?

Do you mean not utilizing the full capacity due to break downs/out of comnmission or more like short staffing a ride to where instead of say 5 Thunder Mnt trains there is 4 circulating?
It’s actually more simple than that

The current 4 parks are about even as far as ride/entertainment capacity now with 55,000,000 annual attendees as they were 20 years ago with 45,000,000 attendees

Andrew25

The current 4 parks are about even as far as ride/entertainment capacity now with 55,000,000 annual attendees as they were 20 years ago with 45,000,000 attendees
I think people forget that in the past decade or so we've seen a ridiculous jump in attendance... but capacity had a fairly low net increase. Pair that with downtime and the need to keep attractions running to bank on LL... death spiral

erasure fan1

Can you give examples?

What he said 👇
Plus I'll add that there's shows/entertainment still missing. Shops and restaurants still closed. And yes ride breakdowns are a huge problem, especially in the studios. Our last trip I was embarrassed to call myself a Disney fan with how bad that park was. From 3 major rides going down to rides not running at full capacity, it was a complete mess.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can you give examples?

Not loading all of the cars on the trains on something like the TTA. Not asking for single riders on Guardians. Not having enough boats in service on Living with the Land (multiple times yesterday there was not a single boat at load or unload while the standby wait was a legit 35 minutes). Allowing multiple rows of 1 or 2 people on Pirates or Imagination instead of having those same 3-4 people ride together in the same row.

Raineman

So you resurrected a dead, week old thread to tell us to "leave it alone"?? 😂 :rolleyes:
Since when is a week old thread dead? And my point still stands-the whole "Disney World is too expensive" thing has been discussed ad nauseam here for years now.

Ayla

Since when is a week old thread dead? And my point still stands-the whole "Disney World is too expensive" thing has been discussed ad nauseam here for years now.
So, again, you thought you'd comment on a dead thread to chastise everyone who had been discussing it, but had since moved on from that thread? Ok. :rolleyes: 😂 Ya don't like the contents of a thread and you aren't already participating, keep scrolling.

Raineman

So, again, you thought you'd comment on a dead thread to chastise everyone who had been discussing it, but had since moved on from that thread? Ok. :rolleyes: 😂 Ya don't like the contents of a thread and you aren't already participating, keep scrolling.
You could have taken your own advice and have read my original comment and kept scrolling, but here we are.

Disstevefan1

Not loading all of the cars on the trains on something like the TTA. Not asking for single riders on Guardians. Not having enough boats in service on Living with the Land (multiple times yesterday there was not a single boat at load or unload while the standby wait was a legit 35 minutes). Allowing multiple rows of 1 or 2 people on Pirates or Imagination instead of having those same 3-4 people ride together in the same row.
Are the cast members being trained to do this to reinforce the need for Genie+ and ILL ?

TalkToEthan

Allowing multiple rows of 1 or 2 people on Pirates

I’m fine with getting 5 per row on Pirates but when stepping down into the boat you best obey Lt Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15

Walt Disney1955

Part of it is the guest isn't as smart as they used to be. I just had a sister and her family who went to Magic Kingdom and DHS. First time they took the kids and it had been 15 years since they themselves went. My sister is NOT a good fit for theme parks. It is not her thing, but she did it for the kids. Here is the kicker, she had a blast. They all did. Star Wars section just blew their minds, Rise of the Resistance is said to be the best ride they've ever been on (according to them). And they went right around spring break time. The lines were long and yet my sister did pretty much everything in Magic Kingdom. And guess what.................they do not even own a cell phone. No kidding. So they just navigated with a normal map and never bought Genie+ either. That's the problem with the modern guest, they think they need to spend the extra money on the Lightning Lane or Genie+ and they don't. Seriously, you don't. I was just there in September, you don't. You are trained to THINK you need it so you drop the extra $15 per person to do it.

And Disney is run by a more corporate mindset instead of directed at the guest. Can you imagine Bob Iger standing in line himself and then being frustrated that it takes the guest 60 minutes to get on Peter Pan or something like that? No, he wouldn't. He'd give the offer of buying Genie+. We know Walt would find a way to make sure the line goes faster, and not soak the guest with more expense. Or when people complain about the dining plan. Good grief people, of course it is expensive. But be smart, bring a few sandwiches in the parks, snacks, a water bottle or two. Have a big breakfast before you leave, and then all you need is maybe a burger or something to tide you over the rest of the day.

The problem is the guest is too gullible and lets a less than accommodating company soak them for every cent they can. If people just laughed at the Genie+ and never bought it then Disney would quickly abolish it. Or insane food prices would also drop if people just stopped depending on them. You are trained to think you need to stare down at your phone in order to have a good time and you don't. People are schmucks. Just plan ahead, have knowledge of what you are getting into and go through the park like it is the 1990s (eg. minimize your walking by doing one land at a time)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom