Disney World Cabanas Cancelled

mickEblu

Original Poster
I hope this means they re not coming to DLR. The thought of cabanas on the upper tier of Adventureland or second story of Innoventions is nauseating. I wonder if they re really cancelled or if they will just be seasonal offerings.

VJ

No way they're gone just like that. I'd still consider the integrated-theme cabanas as happening because in all honesty it's a no-brainer for an upcharge. This was just Disney putting their feet in the water.

rob0519

Judging by the comments, it looked like everyone felt it was worth it for the experience... Pricey and not for everyone, sure, but definitely classier and more thought out than a cabana next to Space Mountain!

I don't think I would pay $600 for the cabana or $300 for the Jungle Cruise. Maybe $150 for Jungle Cruise. It sounds like it was an experience, just out of my price range. I'm not a cost accountant, so I have no idea how they come up with what is the break even price before adding the desired profit, but I would think if they could offer these upsells at a lower price to guarantee success they would.

D

Deleted member 107043

Price? maybe. Completely stupid, I'm not sure about that. I would say poorly themed. I think they were on to something. It was just done wrong. They should have been hidden and not in plain sight.

Iger has gone on record saying that the company is looking at ways to draw more revenue from the theme park attendance it already has, so presumably this was a tactic to do exactly that. Now I have no issue with Disney maximizing it's revenue, but like you said this particular program was executed poorly and was absurdly overpriced. Hopefully if it returns, or comes to DLR, it'll at least be executed in a way that offers the value, flair and showmanship people expect from Disney.

George Lucas on a Bench

While Iger and company are generally excused and worshiped by the Disney fanbase these days, their tactics are not much different than those of the much-maligned Eisner in his later years.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
While Iger and company are generally excused and worshiped by the Disney fanbase these days, their tactics are not much different than those of the much-maligned Eisner in his later years.
So it was a product that was tested and failed. Nothing more. I thought the reason why people went into business was to make money. This wasn't a product you were forced to buy like say water or electricity for your home. I guess they should just shut Disney down altogether with your logic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom