Disney World 30th Anniversary

Did WDW make the right decision on having a Walt's 100 Birthday rather than the 30th?

• They should of had the 30th Celebration.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • They made the right decision, Walt deserves this celebration.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • They should have celebrated both?

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Who cares about Celebrations. Celebrations are only for Disney to make more money.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Hi All...

Did the Magic Kingdom do anything special for the 30th Anniversary? Are there any signs about the 30th? We all know that the true Disney Fans know the history. Do you think Walt Disney World made the right decsion on this years celebration? Let me know what you think...

They really should have also hyped up the 30th anniversary. I personally think that they missed the boat on this one. Celebrating two magical anniversaries together...100 years of walt and 30 years of the most magical resort in the world! Just think of all of the possibilities that were missed....what a shame!:cry:

Jedi Osborn

I was looking forward to a 30th celebration. The 100 years thing is neat, but a little 'inaccurate' Its not like Walt was alive for 100 years or that Disney as we know it has been around for 100 years. Its more like, it was 100 years ago that Walt was born. Just seems like they were reaching a little.
But then the 25th wasn't that long ago, so maybe they thought another anniversary celebration would be too soon.
Either way, it was fun to be there. The parades were great, and we had terrific time, as expected.

Terp02

There has been a lot of "celebrations" lately. First the 25th anniversary back in 1996-97, which left those of us who went in 1998 with a pink Cinderella's castle:mad:. Then the Millenium celebration from 1999-2000, which left those of us who went last year with a big hand on Spaceship Earth, but no sign, just construction:mad:. And now the 100th anniversary of Walt's bday. Personally I think they should take a long break from celebrations, just because they've had one ever 2 years for the past 6 years. Even though when my family went during the 20th anniversary, my brother won this hat with a huge Roger Rabbit on it, and a XL tshirt that had Roger Rabbit and "Surprise" on it. I was jealous:rolleyes:. Anyway I'm done ranting. Have a good day.

-Josh

David

I believe that that they did the right thing by celebrating the 100th birthday for Walt and not 30th for WDW. Walt Disney was too importnat an entertainment figure to not remind us or teach our kids about. A 30th anniversary for a park is not like a human turning 30, but a 100th remembrance for someone like Walt Disney---that's a big deal.

Happy Birthday, Walt!

:)

markymark

For me the 100 YOM is a great idea. I think it just makes a change to not celebrate the age of a park. Not that there's particularly anything wrong with that, but I think it was nice to have the Y2K celebrations, which also made a change from the usual park anniversary.

NADisney

The 100th celebration is perfect for WDW , to show off the park which Disney dreamed of.

the Magic Kingdom - Fantasy dreams come to true

EPCOT- Walt's Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorrow

the Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood movies and tv

the Animal Kingdom- Natures influence on the world

This celebration shows Walts influence in 30 years time, besides Disneyland is celebrating its' 50 th soon.Hopefully they do something "Big" for the park that started it all. :)

Chris

Given the choice between 30 years of WDW of 100 years of Walt, there really is no choice. Besides 30 is not a major milestone number. Now 50! I'm waiting for that one.
:animwink:

Innovention

I was there for WDW 15th Anniversary...
I had a piece of castle cake for the 25th...
I think they chose to use Walt's cenntennial birthday because one, 100 year is one of those landmark numbers,
and 2, perhaps the WDW "anniversary" thing would not be enough of an attraction to those who are less "WDW enthusiastic" as we are.

Brett

Definently good choice on the B-Day. 30 years is nice and all, but 100 years since the inception of the man we all worship. That's a reason to celebrate :lol:

Originally posted by Terp02
First the 25th anniversary back in 1996-97, which left those of us who went in 1998 with a pink Cinderella's castle:mad:.

-Josh

I absolutely loved the castle cake! It was brilliant and the most imaginative thing that really showed Disney's creativity! :D

Scooter

I think they should have celebrated Disneys 100th B-Day at Disneyland and WDW's 30th anniversary at Walt Disney World.

After all...Disneyland Park is really Walts original dream project.

And: rich people and Disney freaks would do BOTH and make Disney lots more money!!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom