Disney Villian's Park

oswald

Original Poster
I know a Disney park dedicated to Villains has been questioned and then disposed of but I haven't seen many ideas about what people would want if the park or a land (in Magic Kingdom) were ever to be built. Apologies if this has already been posted I couldn't find it.

My idea would be based on an anti Magic Kingdom. Land-wise (going clockwise from Adventureland in Magic Kingdom) you could have a sea land where you can put a log flume type ride based on Ursula. You could also place Captain Hook's 'The Jolly Roger' here. Next you would come to Shadowland where you would find Chernabog's 'Night on Bald Mountain' Rollercoaster and something based on Dr. Faciller/The shadowman from 'Princess and the Frog'. After this you would come to 'Underland' or underworld for Alice and wonderland characters (jabberwocky ride?) and Hades in the underworld section. And lastly you would come to Tim Burton's 'Nightmare before Christmas' Halloween Town. You could have a dark ride in here and a thrill ride to do with oogie boogie. The central hub would be Maleficent's castle and Main Street would be dilapidated and darker than that of Magic Kingdom's.

Thoughts?

stevehousse

I don't think a full park would work. I like the idea of just a nice themed land.

A villain meet n greet. A villain character meal, 2 dark rides and or e.

The e would b the bald mountain water coaster that has been tossed around for years! I love the idea. For the dark rides I wa thinking of maybe a milleficent ride and a cruella's devil ride.

Also include a candy shop themed to snow whites witch.

There is definitely room for an expansion like this at MK if they take out the speedway, an build outside the brim. Look on google maps for confirmation.

oswald

Original Poster
I agree that a whole park is not only too much but it's quite difficult to think up of all the different rides that would go with it and the land themes.

I like the maleficent dark ride idea and the candy shop.

And I totally agree with the positioning, I would put at the speedway and expand it out.

wiigirl

I would think a dedicate land would be much more interesting than a whole park.
75.gif

afar28

I think a Dark Kingdom land could be better. Why build a 5th gate now? WDW does not need a 5th gate. A well done land in MK would be great. Villain dark ride and Bald MTN. would be excellent. Maybe a villain character meal, meet n greet, candy shop and a villain merchandise store and you're done

Adam5897

Their is to many problems in the other 4 parks that need to be fixed. The last thing TDO needs is another park to worry about. First fix what is there and then add a new park.

oswald

Original Poster
Sorry for any misinterpretation, the thread was merely for throwing ideas at what people would have liked to have seen in a dark kingdom park/land. I did not intend to imply that TDO would actually be building anything. I agree that a fifth park at WDW would be very problematic as the current status of the 4 parks needs a good long fix up.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I've posted this in another thread but I will say it here: I love the idea of a subland for Disney villian's but not a fifth gate! Take out the Speedway and put it there.

And I don't think there should be a specific ride dedicated to certain villains... Instead, do a dark ride that would also include some screens (like Spider Man/Transformers) and interactive. The premise is that all the bad guys have teamed up, Malicifent being their leader (like in Kingdom Hearts). They have taken over the park and you have to team up with Mickey and Oswald to vanquish them from the park. This can be a Bald Mountain like area, the finale is you fight Malificent in dragon form and Chernobog (sp?) and Cinderella's Castle has been transformed into Malificent's castle.

The whole subland can have a steampunk look to it, that way it acts as a transition between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Have a Villian's meet and greet or character dining, a candy shop, a villain's merch shop and maybe another small ride (maybe) and you're done.

HausofDe-Vil

GeorgiaPinesRJB that would be an amazing idea!
I have been wanting a Disney Villains themed section of the park since I was a little kid. They are my absolute favorite. I've always wanted to have more Villains meet n' greets in the parks. I can never make it to WDW around Halloween and that's the only time a lot of the Villains come out. Even a villains dark ride would be a dream come true!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

GeorgiaPinesRJB that would be an amazing idea!
I have been wanting a Disney Villains themed section of the park since I was a little kid. They are my absolute favorite. I've always wanted to have more Villains meet n' greets in the parks. I can never make it to WDW around Halloween and that's the only time a lot of the Villains come out. Even a villains dark ride would be a dream come true!

Well thanks! If only I could become an Imagineer (my dream career as a little kid!) haha

GeorgiaPinesRJB

That should definitely be a good reason to make her a big part of the park. I cannot wait for that movie!

I'm interested in seeing what it'll look like being live-action. I think it'll be big though! That and Wreck-it-Ralph! There are some great Disney movies coming out in the near future and I see possible ride tie-ins with all of them haha

Turtle

One Villains ride. You walk to the back of the forest and you find an old abandoned cottage on your queue. The villains (Hades, Malificent, Evil Queen, Scar, Captain Hook, Jafar, Ursula, Gaston) find out that you are spying on their plans of taking over the kingdom and chase you in a crazy ride through their environments to stop you from letting out the secret. At the end, you're cornered and Mickey, Aladdin, Hercules, Simba, Peter Pan come in and save the day

GeorgiaPinesRJB

One Villains ride. You walk to the back of the forest and you find an old abandoned cottage on your queue. The villains (Hades, Malificent, Evil Queen, Scar, Captain Hook, Jafar, Ursula, Gaston) find out that you are spying on their plans of taking over the kingdom and chase you in a crazy ride through their environments to stop you from letting out the secret. At the end, you're cornered and Mickey, Aladdin, Hercules, Simba, Peter Pan come in and save the day

I don't know if I like the idea of all the heroes teaming up to help you, since they all have presence in the parks already. Villains is a great way to incorporate underutilized characters from some of the movies (Maleficent, Hades, Chernaborg, among others, have no other presence in the parks outside of the Halloween celebrations) and I think the better opportunity would be to incorporate Mickey and Oswald into the ride, they're the last ones left. Like, what if all the heroes and princesses were captured by the villains, the park has been taken over, and Mickey and Oswald have come to you for help?

Turtle

I don't know if I like the idea of all the heroes teaming up to help you, since they all have presence in the parks already. Villains is a great way to incorporate underutilized characters from some of the movies (Maleficent, Hades, Chernaborg, among others, have no other presence in the parks outside of the Halloween celebrations) and I think the better opportunity would be to incorporate Mickey and Oswald into the ride, they're the last ones left. Like, what if all the heroes and princesses were captured by the villains, the park has been taken over, and Mickey and Oswald have come to you for help?
I don't usually see Hercules, Aladdin or Simba anywhere. Only ones that come up a lot are Mickey and Peter Pan

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I don't usually see Hercules, Aladdin or Simba anywhere. Only ones that come up a lot are Mickey and Peter Pan

Hercules you don't see anywhere (it's almost like Disney tries to pretend that movie never happened), with Aladdin you have the spinner and the little Agrabah area and Simba, well maybe not so much saturation with the Lion King now but you did for a long time.. and you have Festival of the Lion King still at AK. I'm not saying they are super saturated but there is a presence. I would just prefer to have it with just the Villains and Mickey/Oswald or even Mickey, Goofy and Donald as the Three Musketeers? Just what I would like better, personally.

Turtle

Hercules you don't see anywhere (it's almost like Disney tries to pretend that movie never happened), with Aladdin you have the spinner and the little Agrabah area and Simba, well maybe not so much saturation with the Lion King now but you did for a long time.. and you have Festival of the Lion King still at AK. I'm not saying they are super saturated but there is a presence. I would just prefer to have it with just the Villains and Mickey/Oswald or even Mickey, Goofy and Donald as the Three Musketeers? Just what I would like better, personally.
Well there really isn't Aladdin, the character himself, in the spinner. The Lion King is just a show in another park. I chose those heroes because they face off against their own villains Hercules -> Hades, Aladdin -> Jafar, Simba -> Scar, etc. . I don't think the Fab 5 work as well as heroes who save you from terror unless it's a light-hearted ride through toontown.

Oswald is for another time and another place, he doesn't fit in that situation and when we put him in the parks it has to be logical. I want to see Oswald in the parks, but we can just throw him into an attraction without fitting the theme or his character, like what we did with Stitch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom