News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

John park hopper

Did you notice Disney doesn’t do theming anymore?

Look no further that “riveria” that can’t figure out if it wants to make people on south beach feel privileged or people in a Marriott in Times Square feel privileged?

It’s not their fault…it’s ours. Keep buying points…like when they can’t sell wilderness lodge, so they gut out the theming and sell it as a “new” dvc…right next to the “old, themed” dvc.
The only theming Disney does looks like this
images-2.jpeg
Sad Disney has lost their way

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
It’s called Fort (traditional logs, and pointy logs) and Wilderness (trees or logs). I want pioneer theme cabins that harken trail wagons, cast iron skillets , Davy Crockett in a raccoon cap, and Daniel Boone in a bear rug cabin. Not modern tiny house modern bungalow with Chip & Dale art. Not everything has to change just to change.
What's odd is that there are many tiny homes that have this rustic fort wilderness vibe on both the interior and exterior, so they definitely could have made the choice to continue that theme. These look more like villas you'd find along the coast decorated by someone whose never been in a rustic environment before lol.

JoeCamel

The exterior of these "cabins" look like a glorified single wide mobile home. Not my vision of a cabin
Shipping container
Doesn't look like any of the single wide trailers in my neck of the Florida woods.
Early shipping container
The cabins look odd to me, like a mishmash of different design concepts all thrown together with a couple of pieces of wood and fabric to give it a "wilderness" appearance, but it could be just me
Rustic early shipping container
You should see what IP they put in the outhouses!
More concerned with what TP they put in them....
I forgot to share this before but this is on the DVC tree at the Disney Springs tree stroll.
View attachment 758854
Yep, shipping container

Bocabear

While modern and shipping Container-like, I really don't mind them at all...Perhaps it would have made more sense on the Reflections site...design the area to look like a modern National Park with matching amenity buildings and facilities all in this sort of Rustic Mid Century style.... and leave Fort Wilderness to continue it's 19th century rustic pioneer style...
It's just when they start blending things and messing up an established theme that makes it less than ideal...I am sure no one would argue that these cabins are nicer than the old ones...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While modern and shipping Container-like, I really don't mind them at all...Perhaps it would have made more sense on the Reflections site...design the area to look like a modern National Park with matching amenity buildings and facilities all in this sort of Rustic Mid Century style.... and leave Fort Wilderness to continue it's 19th century rustic pioneer style...
It's just when they start blending things and messing up an established theme that makes it less than ideal...I am sure no one would argue that these cabins are nicer than the old ones...

It would have made more sense…but they don’t theme anymore…it’s all barebones and leeching off old amenities…

So ya gonna buy a contract? See that’s the issue. The more timeshares…the more strain on the timeshare system and more neglect for those whales from Denver rooms…who just ain’t showing up

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I couldn't agree more.

CaptainAmerica

Somebody did the math and it looks like the cabins will average 21 points per night, or roughly in line with a Studio at Grand Floridian.

So they're not being priced like Copper Creek cabins (lol) or Treehouse Villas (lol) or even 1 bedrooms. They're being priced like Super Studios.

I feel like there are a lot of "I told ya sos" to go around.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Somebody did the math and it looks like the cabins will average 21 points per night, or roughly in line with a Studio at Grand Floridian.

So they're not being priced like Copper Creek cabins (lol) or Treehouse Villas (lol) or even 1 bedrooms. They're being priced like Super Studios.

I feel like there are a lot of "I told ya sos" to go around.
That means they’re pretty much garbage

Not what they need

nickys

Premium Member
I’m surprised it’s so low, but then I argued these weren’t like a traditional 1-bed. No master bedroom, no washer dryer and some confusion over the kitchen amenities - which for now I’m going with the statement not the artist rendering. So it is a glorified studio that sleeps 6. And it appears to be cheaper than Universal’s Endless Summer resort, but with a less favourable layout IMO.

I think the points cost is interesting and may just attract the market they’re aiming for.

However the much, MUCH, bigger story is the Trust and what this means for DVC going forward. Since we don’t have many details though it’s all speculation for now, based on what has been filed in documents. It shouldn’t however affect existing owners at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom