Disney to open indoor theme park in London?

admireandlearn

Original Poster
I was just watching my local news channel, and they were talking about the London Trocadero, a huge building in the middle of London's West End which used to be a SegaWorld theme park, but now is an arcade/shopping centre/cinema.

Well, anyway, the reporter on the news said there were many people interested in buying the Trocadero, including DISNEY, who "may be planning to open an indoor attraction in the capital, similar to their DisneyQuest indoor theme park in Orlando".

What do you think about this? Could it actually happen? I would love that!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not a chance. The Disney "brand" isnt strong enough to carry that sort of venture in the UK. It goes against the sub 10 year old child friendly image all their park marketing projects.

admireandlearn

Original Poster
Not a chance. The Disney "brand" isnt strong enough to carry that sort of venture in the UK. It goes against the sub 10 year old child friendly image all their park marketing projects.
Disney is one of the strongest brands in the world so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

And I think Disney would welcome any opportunity to rid of their 'sub 10 year old' image actually. That's certainly the impression I'm getting from their latest ad campaigns.

Anyway I don't think this is as impossible as you think. I mean, people would definitely go.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont know which ads your watching, but Ive yet to see one that doesnt feature the happy nuclear family and all children under 8. As for my brand comment Disney may be well known but it is not held in reverence as it is in the US. Its just another multinational. Disney quest has hardly been a raging success in Disneys heartland so Ive yet to see a reason why a location in London would fair any better.

admireandlearn

Original Poster
I dont know which ads your watching, but Ive yet to see one that doesnt feature the happy nuclear family and all children under 8. As for my brand comment Disney may be well known but it is not held in reverence as it is in the US. Its just another multinational. Disney quest has hardly been a raging success in Disneys heartland so Ive yet to see a reason why a location in London would fair any better.

I get your point, but the UK is more like America than Europe, and actually Disney has an incredibly strong brand identity there (probably because a lot of Disney classics are based on British stories).

And DisneyQuest in London would do better because it would be in the middle of the world's most visited city, rather than in a small entertainment district people only go to for a drink.

lazyboy97o

I get your point, but the UK is more like America than Europe, and actually Disney has an incredibly strong brand identity there (probably because a lot of Disney classics are based on British stories).

And DisneyQuest in London would do better because it would be in the middle of the world's most visited city, rather than in a small entertainment district people only go to for a drink.
DisneyQuest had a Chicago location with more announced for additional North American cities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom