Disney To Offer Guests On Ride Videos at 7DMT

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is pretty cool. I'm assuming they will expand this to some additional rides. It really does make the memory maker thing more appealing to me. It's a great use of the magic band technology.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh goodie. They can catch me falling asleep on the ride.

I agree. How does this ride compare to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain, Everest, ToT, etc.? I didn't realize there was video with ToT until it showed up in my MDE account. Now my daughter can relive that look of horror on her face whenever - I e-mailed her the video. :angelic:

Tom Morrow

Yeah I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of a video of me just being given out to anyone who rides along with me. First Tower and now this. The entire train?? Cool but also kind of uncomfortable.

raymusiccity

So they take video of me and sell it to other people.

Nice.

Will I be compensated?

Disney has taken steps to address your 'invasion of privacy' concerns. Much like 3-D glasses, you may request these beauties as a FastPass+ option:

image.jpg

YodaMan

Noticed they were filming last Saturday. The bright light was horrible. It takes a lot away from riding the ride at night.

At least things have improved. During initial testing, there was a flashing/strobe light in both parts that I thought for sure would induce a seizure in someone. Now at least it's just one solid light turning on and then off.

hpyhnt 1000

Noticed they were filming last Saturday. The bright light was horrible. It takes a lot away from riding the ride at night.

Thats probably the only negative I can see from this. While I have zero interest in wanting an on-ride video of myself, I can see the appeal of it. As @tjjwelch pointed out, they have managed to improve the lighting but it still does seem quite distracting.

hrmom26

does anyone know what you can do with the video? can i share it on my facebook so friends and family can see it?

Last edited:

NewfieFan

At least things have improved. During initial testing, there was a flashing/strobe light in both parts that I thought for sure would induce a seizure in someone. Now at least it's just one solid light turning on and then off.

I saw that and was like, what the heck kind of effect are they going for with these flashing lights!?! It was quite odd and distracting to say the least!

Tom Morrow

But quick, flashing strobes are used for every on ride roller coaster photo? I actually prefer that to these blinding LEDs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom